[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RiME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: rime-comparison.jpg (167KB, 963x803px) Image search: [Google]
rime-comparison.jpg
167KB, 963x803px
What the FUCK happened?
>>
Seems like lots of early Switch ports will lack certain shaders / graphical effects while maintaining as close to the original's look as possible.

I'm curious if they kept the framerate the same or not.
>>
>>377818490
>implying the images aren't inverted
>>
The words you're looking for are "too lazy to optimize."
Also, the left one looks like they poured sand on the screen, then forcibly scrubbed it with a hand-cloth.
>>
They took screenshots at a different time of day, it would seem.
>>
>>377818949
thats how i wash my penis
>>
>>377818490
Sony dropped them for good reason. Game looks like utter shit. Has alright artistic direction but it will always just be a TLG wannabe game.
>>
supposedly what we originally saw was cgi designed to look like gameplay

they hadn't even made any of the game after like 3 years or so, so sony decided to cease funding them
>>
It looks less washed out

I don't see a real problem
>>
I think the right genuinely looks better than the left. Left looks washed out as fuck.
>>
>>377819427
There we go. I'm surprised it took this long.
>>
>>377819394
>supposedly what we originally saw was cgi designed to look like gameplay
Do people not automatically assume this is the case every time they see a trailer now? If the last few years haven't been a wake-up call then I don't know what is.
>>
I really want to play this
>>
>>377818490
They both look meh
Just ones more soft but muddy the other too bright
>>
>>377818490
Left looks washed out and shitty.
>>
>>377819227
TLG was pretty bad, why would someone even try to clone it?
>>
>>377819752
TLG is better than most games.
>>
>>377819857
Most phone games, maybe.
>>
>>377819903
Nope post one (1) single game better than TLG. Protip you can't
>>
>>377818820
Because redoing models and textures and environs is expensive, but dumbing down shaders and lighting is cheap.
>>
>>377819857
It's the only PS4 game that made me feel buyer's remorse
>>
File: RiME_January_Screenshot_06.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RiME_January_Screenshot_06.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
STFU and post more rime screens
>>
>>377818490
Christ why is that kid's model so bad?
>>
>>377820136
Did you even finish it?
>>
>>377820116
Well I'm not complaining if it means better framerate.

See the 60fps update that dumbed down the graphics for Bomberman.

Made the game 10x more playable.
>>
I want to FUCK that shota
>>
>>377818490
They must have set their HDMI dynamic range wrong on the PS4 when they took that screenshot.

It's the same issue with the Wii-U-- the HDMi port on the Wii-U only outputs limited range and thus screenshots captured from it always look washed out. You need to use component cables to get full range.
>>
>>377820249
I think this is less for playable framerates and more simply about making it run...
>>
>>377820246
Totally, I was hyping up from years ago, maybe that was my mistake
>>
>>377820521
As always with a product you should keep your expectations in check.
Most people get overhyped because of surrounding circumstances rather than looking at what is there and building expectations based on that.
The Last Guardian looked like a linear singleplayer game with very interesting AI puzzles and a story.
I would say it absoloutely succeeded at that. I always get tearyeyed from the ending.
>>
I'm going to buy this then rip it and attempt to play it in pcsx4.
>>
fuck off this can't be write. switch cant even handle ps4 games
>>
I think I'm going to get this on Xbone, I didn't even realize it existed until a week ago but it looks fun and I could use a comfy game to play over the weekend
>>
I'm still mad that they delayed it for the Switch, but I'm not 100% sure who to blame here. It may very well be Nintendo, who announced, then released, the Switch all within 6 months. It seems like there was no room for TequilaWorks to get their hands on a dev kit, then port it, and still have release date parity.
>>
>vignette is removed

wtf?

its not even a good thing
>>
>>377818490
You mean reducing the annoying bloom lighting and making the colors more vibrant? Are you trying to convince me to buy a Switch?
>>
>>377818490
You switched the images that's why?
Left looks like Zelda while right looks like KH3
>>
>higher quality shadows on the ps4
>no colors

>ps1 shadows on switch
>actual colors
wth
>>
>>377820209
Why? That doesn't look good at all.
>>
>more indie shit with incredibly bland level design
who gives a shit? console war shitposting aside, LITERALLY who fucking cares about this game
>>
>>377818490
Left looks WAAAAAAY to washed out to be able to make out any of the extra details that the PS4 obviously have and that the Switch don't.

It's like they are trying to make the game look like shit on the PS4.
>>
>>377818490
Nintendo has always known the power lies in the gamma!
>>
>>377821980
Looks like it can
>>
Anyone know if the physical version of this is a limited release?
>>
>>377818490
Switch can't handle the power of the sun
>>
No one has complete rgb range turned on for some reason on these comparisons.
>>
File: 1495381683747.gif (262KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1495381683747.gif
262KB, 500x495px
>>377818490
If that is the switch version on the right, I like it more, the colors look more vibrant and inviting
>>
>>377828648
Shut up bitch punk
>>
why the fuck does the switch version look better than the ps4 version

how do you even manage that
>>
File: 1406086479464.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1406086479464.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>377828812
Here's your (you)
>>
>>377820249
The controls still feel floaty as fuck tbqh. It's the worst bomberman game. I just traded it for mk8d
>>
>>377825713
Someone doesn't like art direction
>>
Disregarding the system warring. Will the game even come out?
I've had my doubts for some time. Also, will it even be any good? Its development history looks like it has been really shaky. Doesn't actually inspire a lot of confidence.
>>
Why does this game just seem like they copied Journey's atmosphere and aesthetic and Ico's premise?
>>
>>377830478
It's releasing on all platforms this Friday, minus the Switch

Who knows when the Switch version is coming, but for now they're saying by the end of the year.
>>
>>377818490
switch version looks better???
>>
>>377818490
The Switch version got the better looking port is what happened.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.