[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate Dark Souls III?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 28

File: unkindled.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unkindled.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
Why does /v/ hate Dark Souls III?
>>
>>377812894
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>377812894
because it's a video game
>>
>>377812894
but it does not, /v/ hates DS2
>>
I don't hate it, but just like dark souls 1 and bloodborne I'm not drawn to it enough to finish it. I don't know why I was so driven to finish dark souls 2, maybe it was shorter, but for demons souls it was just an overall more enjoyable experience to me personally.

dark souls 3 is just missing some sort of charm. I often get to dancer (as in, after the catacombs, after irithyll/anal rodeo redux, etc) and drop it. It's not the boss either, I've beaten her a couple times, I just sorta lose interest.

darkmoon blade/blue sentinels not working without making an entirely new steam account is really, REALLY fucking gay. And I don't know how that slipped past their QA for the last year and a half either.
>>
File: g46g2524.jpg (6KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
g46g2524.jpg
6KB, 268x188px
>tfw dark souls 3 is absolute trash
>tfw even the dlc couldn't salvage it
>>
>>377812894
I don't, best souls game for me.
>>
File: 1495461459753.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495461459753.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>377812894
>Playing first time, think it's great
>Finish the game
>Go to do some invasions like I spent a combined total of like 400 hours doing in 1&2
>It's fucking dogshit

And then I stopped playing.
>>
File: 1495010357157.gif (2MB, 271x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495010357157.gif
2MB, 271x270px
>legion etiquette
Hahaha
Formal bow a best
>>
I really enjoyed it. I think it's a very good game, when compared to other games that aren't from From.
>>
>>377812894

Only retarded niggers high on nostalgia and low IQ meme shitposting faggots hate DaS3, DaS3 is the second best game From Software has ever made.

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS

This is the objective ranking, no amount of shitposting nor autistic screeching will change it. Die from cancer nostalgia cucks, you deserve to be tortured to death.
>>
Better than 2 at least.
>>
Even with all of its flaws it's still great. It just goes to show that Miyazaki/From can completely phone it in and still make an above average quality game.
>>
File: 1492867236410.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1492867236410.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
>>377812894
>plate armor chest
>skirt
I've always hated that combo. It just looks odd.
>>
>>377812894
Because it's good and popular.

People here only like terrible niche things. Like AoE II.
>>
>Poor design choices that distant it too much from DaS original mechanics
>Bad hallway style level design
>Broken covenant mechanics (and less of them)
>New online system that becomes increasingly unstable the more invaders connect (hoverboarding)
>New online mechanics drastically weighted in Host's favor
>Very little alternate pathing/replay ability
>Took a year of updates before build variety existed and even then there's a staggering amount of greatswords compared to anything else
>Final installment in the series yet there's tons of interesting/fan favorite items/weapons/spells/rings/armor sets left out
>Undead matches don't reward the player
That's just off the top of my head. I still like it, but it's not the best in the series.
>>
Because the series has been milked hard
>>
It is seriously weaker than all previous installments. I dont hate, but its weaker. As a franchise goes, people expect the devs to always pick the good parts of the previous games and add to the new one
>>
>>377813302
The DLCs did more than not salvage it, they genuinely dragged the overall quality of the game down.

Smouldering Lake and Irithyll Dungeon were the only bad areas in the game. The DLCs come in, fuck up DaS3's perfect closure by adding a bunch of fanfiction, and then they're filled with Dark Souls 2 ganks out the ass, and have some of the worst levels in the series. Pretty levels, but irredeemably bad. I distinctly remember liking the game more before all the DLCs came out.

One of few actual good things to come out of it is the matchmaking, but the flipside is all the DLC weapons ruin 1v1 duels because they're designed for ganks.
>>
File: h.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>377814109
Good thing it'll always be the best combo despite your shitty opinion
>>
>>377814674
I won't say you're wrong, but I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed the DLCs. As much as I hate getting ganked by enemies, there's something about the chaos of the Ringed City that I really liked that soothed it for me. Also, I never felt like i got ganked in AoA, aside from wolves. It felt pretty fair for the most part.
>>
File: 1494853499755.jpg (109KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1494853499755.jpg
109KB, 528x528px
>>377814854
I'll keep using pants and plate leggings and you can keep your skirts, Nancy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMBzBmC6Psk
I rest my case
>>
>tfw finally caved in and bought the bloodborne machine
In 20 mins I will find out how much of the shitposting was true
>>
>>377814109
Plate armor and comfy boots/pants a best
>>
>>377813638

Never did get why everyone keeps doing Legion Ettiquette at allied phantoms they summon. Guess they're trying to tell me "I'll find a way to kill you, somehow."

> sadly, they usually do, like dragging a train of six Harald Legionaires into me while I defuse the monks
>>
>>377814854
>hood -> armor -> skirt

>not helmet -> blouse -> leggings
>like brass helm -> firekeeper robes -> favor leggings

Learn to dress your undeadfu
>>
>>377815762
I caved a couple months ago. It's a legitimately fantastic game.
>>
Because it was better than Bloodborne and this triggered the sony fanboys to shitpost against it
>>
I jus reached anor londo in my first playthrough of 3.

Its alright, 1 and sotfs were better thus far tho.
>>
File: DS3 healing shield comparison.png (300KB, 629x707px) Image search: [Google]
DS3 healing shield comparison.png
300KB, 629x707px
>>377812894
I don't. DS3 has the best gameplay of the Souls franchise but I hate the throwbacks and linearity. Some of the levels are great (CotD, archives, Irithyll) but by and large the world is meh to me and I have to play through it just about the same every time, I've gotten in the habit of killing the dancer early but I can't go into the archives. Also, they made ice seem like it was going to be a big deal but it really wasn't, it only just got good and we didn't get ice magic until the first DLC dropped. They didn't add ice urns and removed dark and magic urns. We didn't get items that seemed like hunter tools until TRC.

Come to think of it, FROM has handled gear in general in the worst possible way. A lot of stuff was already pretty crappy in vanilla and didn't get buffed when DLC weapons were added. The heaviest sword in the game is now outdamaged by a greatsword that can be found earlier with half the statreqs and 70% of the weight. The Astora ss is now worse than the longsword in pretty much every way despite having higher statreqs. Anri's ss got nerfed despite already being kind of crappy.

DS3 is well on its way to being my most played Souls game but I'm kind of buttmad about a lot of things that I think FROM could fix but won't.
>>
>>377815093
You clearly played coop then because AoA is full of ganks as soon as you walk in and this continues until you cross the bridge to ariandel chapel.
>>
File: 1495476708322.gif (4MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1495476708322.gif
4MB, 500x278px
>>377816297
See, I don't mind cloth torso with armor legs. I just think skirt+plate chest looks weird.
I've worn Dingy Robe/Gold Hemmed torso with Black Knight leggings before and I dig that look.
>>
>>377812894
I liked it. Played it more than DS2 but not as much as DS1.
Thinking about getting a ps4 (pro maybe) because there's a lot of cool exclusives coming, then I can try Bloodborne too finally
>>
File: 1494952085101.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494952085101.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>>377816297
>Black dress+drakeblood armor
>>
HEY HEY HEY, REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1?
LOOK AN ESTUS, BUT LOOK AT THE CORPSE
ITS AN ASTORA KNIGHT, LIKE THAT PART IN ASYLUM FROM OSCAR, DO YOU REMEMBER? DO YOU REMEMBER

HEY LOOK, LOOK, ITS FIRELINK, YOU KNOW, THAT PLACE IN DARK SOULS 1? DO YOU REMEMBER?? LOOK IN THAT CORNER, DO YOU SEE WHO I SEE?? ITS ANDRE!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU REMEMBER HIM FROM DARK SOULS 1? Don't pay too much attention to the dark souls 2 shrine maiden, we just put here there for cause lol..

BUT HEY LOOK, A CRESTFALLEN WARRIOR SOBBING NEAR THE BONFIRE, WHOAA!!!!

HEEEEEY, REMEMBER HOW YOU GOT TO ANOR LONDO WITH THE DEMONS, WELL WE LOOK RIGHT OVER HERE JUST LIFT THE BANNER!!! DO YOU REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1 YET??

HEY REMEMBER THE 4 GREAT LORDS FROM DARK SOULS 1, YEAH FUCKING ACES BRO.

HEY REMEMBER SIF, THE DOG FROM DARK SOULS 1?
hEY REMEMBER ARTORIAS, HES FROM DARK SOULS 1

AWWW SHIT YOU NEED A DOLL, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT PART FROM DARK SOULS 1

WHOA CHECK IT, DEMON RUINS!! DO YOU REMEMBER THE DEMONS FROM DARK SOULS 1??

AWWW SHIT BIG HAT LOGAN, DO YOU REMEMBER HIM? FROM DARK SOULS 1

rEMEMBER LONGFINGER KIRK??
REMEMBER ANOR LONDO
REMEMBER GWYNDOLIN?
REMEMBER DEMON SOULS?
rEMEMBER THE GRAND ARCHIVES?
REMEMBER GWYN, THE FINAL BOSS FROM DARK SOULS?? HERES HIS THEME
REMEMBER THE PAINTED WORLD
rEMEMBER ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH
rEMEMBER FIRELINK AGAIN?
REMEMBER ANOR LONDO?
REMEMBER ARTORIAS AGAIN??
>>
File: jGBTrBL.jpg (264KB, 1625x3000px) Image search: [Google]
jGBTrBL.jpg
264KB, 1625x3000px
>>377816808
Honestly it's hard to make bad fashion with the black dress
Yuria is pretty /fa/
>>
>>377816965
I keked
>>
It's a mediocre hodgepodge that retreads every other game in the series. It tries to be both souls and bloodborne but manages to only combine the worst aspects of both. It's more playable than 2 but the entire world would have been just fine only receiving demons, dark 1 and bloodboner
>>
>>377816506
balance has been absolutely fucked since day 1

you can pour all your souls into an offensive magic type and still do more damage with firebombs for most of the game, it's a joke
>>
I hate it because it has horrible replayability and a lack of build variety.

The areas of the game, while having pretty skyboxes, are boring as shit to play through and not one ever has me go "Oh man, I can't wait to go through________ again". Instead with each area I groan and remember that "fuck I have to go through THIS place again"

Bonfire astetics from 2 should have made a return for those who enjoy fighting nosses without slodging through the game for the 10th time and limiting how many times you can respec your appearance and points was a stupid decision that deserves two bullets in Miyasaki's knees

DaS3 is good for 2, maybe 3, runs and that's about it. Every other souls game I clocked in almost 1000 hours in, and continue to do so, but DaS3 shit the bed so hard that I shelved it after two months, and waited for the DLC just to shelve it after that, and wait for the 2nd DLC andnonce again be done with it
>>
It should've had new things for Ng+ like ds2 had. Like red phantoms during boss fights and new boss weapons
>>
>>377812894
the mechanics suck fucking shit. Its like a garbage version of bloodborne. I know that word instantly triggers all the fellow PC bros but its the truth. Hyper armor is fucking retarded and the game would be better without it. The game is also linear as shit. I don't know how they went from interesting level design in 1 and demon souls to this shit. Seriously. The only people who like this game is the late fags who jumped on the Dark Souls is HARDCORE meme.
>>
File: 1.png (30KB, 157x140px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
30KB, 157x140px
DS3 is a great game, but I don't like any of it.
I don't know how to describe it, but there's not a single zone in the entire game that I actively enjoyed going through, except for the High Wall and the Profane Capital.

Road of Sacrifice has knee deep water and poison enemies with earrape screams, and the crabs.
Farron is just more of that.
Carthus is just an uglier Chalice Dungeon with shit skeleton mechanics.
Irithyll has annoying-ass enemies and it just drags on.
The Cathedral is more knee-deep sludge and annoying enemies.
Consumed King's Garden is more sludge and poison.
Archdragon is just more annoying enemies with a shitty respawn mechanic.
Lothric Castle and the Archives are just ugly as sin, and have so many enemies that are best fought in one-on-one format that it just feels lazy.

...and despite this, I still play it almost every week, and really enjoy it. I don't know why.
>>
>>377812894
They tried to make Bloodborne with a Dark Souls 1 skin.

They failed at both.
>>
>>377818620
Couldn't have put it better
>>
File: 1495013161596.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495013161596.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>the worst, newbie/scrub favoring invasion system yet
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao
>>
File: C_LOLBnXsAAVY-V.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C_LOLBnXsAAVY-V.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
How the hell did FROM fuck the dragon form so much but did the beast and cauliflower forms so right in BB?

Seriously it's like the dragon "form" was a last minute thing Miyazaki remembered at the last minute and held up some poor modeler at gun point to churn fucking anything out as fast as possible
>>
>>377812894
>World layout sucks
>Bonfire warping from the start cheapens every single transition by just having a bonfire be 2 meters away from the dropoff point
>Bonfire warping to every bonfire pure shit
>Bonfire warping is so fucked in this game that the area that was supposedly cut off from the rest of the game in the first game (Painted world) just lets you bonfire warp from the first bonfire (That is just outside of a cave, a few meters from where you start)
>Disconnected hub kills the general feeling of the game as well as making any tension for the NPC questlines artificial since they can just pop in whenever
>Combat system feels better but is fundamentally built on garbage
>Torch is somehow less useful, developed and graphically impressive in this game than in the games that don't have good lighting systems
>Environmental interaction is limited to doors that open one way and elevators
>Lots of oversights and inconsistencies in terms of the entire series and the individual game itself in terms of lore and shit that shouldn't happen that way
>Level design isn't actually that good
>>
>>377818908
You forgot the content that exist but was never available in game unless hacked like Ledos Armor.
>>
>>377818908
>>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
must suck to be a bis minmax fag
bet you used saw spear in bb because it had the highest theoretical dps in the game
>>
>>377819509
Fucking 2's dragon form was better, and it was litterally just a set of gold armor.
>>
>>377816965
HEY GIVE US ANOTHER DARK SOULS

DARK SOULS 2 SUCKS MAKE IT MORE LIKE THE FIRST ONE

BLOODBORNE IS COOL BUT MAKE A GAME LIKE DARK SOULS 1

THIS IS TOO MUCH LIKE DARK SOULS 1!!! :'(
>>
>>377818908
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
I don't get it. People loved Demon Souls and yet all of its boss fights were basically gimmicks.

What exactly are we comparing 3 bosses too?
>>
>>377812894

>>377812981
This but actually it's because they expect too much from everything, but DS3 just simply can't replicate playing Souls for the first time again, nor can any game, and that's the standard that it was held to.
>>
>>377816965
I read that in Rich's voice
>>
>>377816301
Same

It actually exceeded my absurdly high epectations.
>>
>>377812894
>straight path, no choices, no replay value
>ganking always favors the host and his army of phantoms
>pvp is bland, less than half the weapons/spells of das2 means less builds
>chugging is too fast
>rolling is spammable

It's okay, it has just has massive flaws like every other das game.
>>
>>377812894
Because it's not a dark souls game
It's a poor man's bloodborne
>>
>>377816506
>ds3 has the best gameplay in the series
Stopped reading right there
Shit b8
>>
>>377821010
Really surprising that they may have wanted the game to do more than just reference the other games and might've wanted some of the actual strengths of DaS to show up in this game.
>>
>>377818540
>Consumed King's Garden is more sludge and poison.
My biggest problem there isn't that, its how damn short it is. You can go room the dancer's bonfire and be at the boss in less then a minute, or you can fully explore the area and be done with it in less then ten.
>>
I liked Dark Souls 3 because it made Dark Souls 2 look better by comparison
>>
>>377822652
Let me guess, you think 1 was better.
>>
>>377813012
And rightfully so
>>
I hate it because I don't want to farm for covenant items and my internet connection is crap.
>>
>>377822950
No I think in terms of gameplay it was
bb>DeS>ds1>ds2>ds3
At least ds2 feels like an actual dark souls game
The balance in ds3 is FUCKED and most of the shit is useless
>>
File: 1491352311948.gif (633KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491352311948.gif
633KB, 300x200px
>>377812894
Because /v/ likes to pretend they're hardcore gamers.
>>
>>377823296
No has ever said you are hardcore for playing an actual video game like dark souls
>>
>>377823296
Nobody's acted like this in years, update your info.
>>
>>377821456
Don't even reply to the meme arguments. Dark Souls 1 fags are delusional. Dark Souls 3 has the best bosses in the series by a fucking mile.
>>
>>377812894
Terrible combat design that encourages roll spamming for every situation
>>
>>377823265
What exactly does gameplay mean to you? Because in terms of mechanics DS1 blew DeS out of the water DS3 blows DS1 out of the water.
>>
>>377816965
Soul series has been the same since demons, why complain now?
>>
>>377819509

Shit, I didn't even think to make that comparison. It's actually a goddamn shame we didn't get a dragon form as fleshed out as alium/beast mode.
>>
>>377812894
>Why does /v/ hate Dark Souls III?

Damage control of Sony-fags because DaS 3 is better than BB in every possible way.
>>
I don't hate it. The only reason it has a lack of build variety is because of From killing every fucking weapon in the patches for pvp. Every fucking thing is about pvp now.
>>
>tfw invading with a +5 dark longsword with 450 AR at level 50

longswords were a mistake
>>
>>377825414
Don't see why it failed so hard at being better than Bloodborne then, it only ripped 90% of the bosses and enemy attack animations from that game.

You don't even have to travel far into the game to see reused Bloodborne animations. Vordt is literally a giant werewolf and has the same walking and swiping animations. Undead farmers are reskinned Yharnamites.
>>
>>377813638
*points down*
*throws poop*
another one bites za dusto...
>>
>>377812894
Worst torch.
>No shadows at all when you pull out the torch. It just lights up the area.
>Not even really any areas that are dark enough to need it without any downgrade excuses
>No areas with chasms under pitch black water that a torch would be able to reveal
>Torch just magically lights up when you pull it out
>Sticks to your back at an awkward angle when you put it away
>No sconces to light
>Nothing to burn
>No enemies fear the torch
>Rolling in water doesn't put out the torch
>No enemies or NPCs aggro to the torch
>No invisible walls are revealed when your torch is out
>Only use is pulling it out to remove maggots instantly and even that is weird because there are plenty of direct fire sources other than the torch. Holding a flame or a sword made of literal fire does nothing but a torch magically forces maggots out.
>A lot of enemies are vulnerable to fire damage but it's just this glitchy animation that they enter when you burn them and continuously applying fire damage does nothing until they fully recover from the animation so they can easily get a hit off while you continuously burn them
>No explosives that actually properly blow shit up and no explosives at all once you get past the high wall and the settlement
>Entire area with a wax or get cursed mechanic in a magical library and the torch does fucking nothing when the dynamic one would expect in that situation is that the library is dark as hell but you need the wax to avoid cursed books so only magical light is safe for navigating the dark areas since fire would melt the wax faster. The Wax dip isn't even a unique model for every helmet.
>Does barely any damage and no available infusions
>>
>>377814109
>hating saber
>>
It's my favorite Souls game tbqh
>>
>>377826175
I don't see shitty screaming dogs in Dark Souls 3 and sub-30 fps.
>>
>>377826175

I think there's some obvious parallels between Friede/Maria, and Gael/Orphan in terms of how they fight and visuals too. Of course the DS3 versions have much worse lore.
even though I love Gael
>>
>>377826414
I honestly forgot ds3 even had a torch
>>
>>377827231
it removes the bugs that bleed you before cathedral of the deep

that's its only use
>>
>>377826481
>what is Irithyll
>what is Undead Settlement
>what is High Wall

There's your dogs and your frame dips right there.
>>
>>377818908
Pretty sure every boss in DS3 has 2 "stages" to the fight

>Gundyr, turns into giant snake thing
>Vordt, powers up, charges and uses frost
>Tree boss thing, makes the floor fall, grows arm
>Crystal sage, spaws a bunch of copies
>Abyss watchers, turns one guy all crazy and uses firey weapons
>Deacons of the deep, spawns a main boss that casts different spells

Only bosses that don't have a second stage or part would be the catacombs boss and the old demon king
>>
>>377827502
old demon king starts making meteor showers and Diablo fire novas halfway through
>>
>>377824483
It's the same if you're simple.
>>
>>377827398
I don't have any fps dips on PC you peasant.
>>
>>377812981
Lmao this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
How do I git gud against this bullshit boss ?
He's raping my ass in NG+
>>
>>377828339
stay a short distance in front of him and hit face
or use pestilent mercury, run away and repeat
>>
>>377812894
I really hate the fact they didn't even bother at coming up with an explanation as to what's been going on these 3 games.

Instead they just throw some timetravel bullshit into the mix that generates more questions than answers.
>>
Vordt was shit and piss easy, tree was shit and extremely easy, crystal who?, abyss watchers is backstabble (lol), you can beat gundyr with just parries and it's actually the most efficient way to do it, and deacons of the deep was a fucking joke. Yeah, totally the best bosses ever.
>>
>>377828048
Then you can't say shit about Bloodorne in the first place tbqh
>>
>>377828853
I'm not a poor 3rd worlder like you who can't afford both PS and PC.
>>
>>377812894
Because its a popular. /thread
>>
Because it's better than Bloodborne and /v/ is upset that they wasted money on a PS4 and a shitty Demon's souls remake
>>
>>377827502
I think Wolnir starts to expand his moveset when you deal enough damage and pulls out his sword for some new attacks but his fight is so ridiculously short when you destroy his bracelets that I really wouldn't blame anyone for not noticing and I'm not sure if it's even a new phase at all since his bracelets go down so fast.

>>377828048
Dreg heap is so horrible in terms of FPS.

>>377828339
Dodge his easy af patterns.
Hit his head a lot for both more damage and that riposte opportunity.
Use a good fire greatshield for his standing up fire breath when you can't run away in time.

Pestilent Mercury was supposedly a way to cheese him.
>>
>>377828930
Still haven't heard you confirm you have played BB
>>
>>377828595
>>377828339
Thanks I'll try the fire greatshield I'm not sure I'll be able to use pestilent mercury, I didn't invest many points into magic
>>
>>377812894
I dont i hate dark souls 2.
>>
>>377829585
Meant to reply to >>377829007
>>
>>377812894
I found nothing fun, new, or interesting about the entire game except for the Slave Knight Gael boss fight.

Overall the game is a soul-less shallow husk that offers nothing new and stands entirely on the legs of Dark Souls 1. It has the best combat of all the souls games, as well as best bosses. But is overall a weaker package than even the weakest of the series (DS2). But despite all that, I don't hate DS3, I've clocked in a good amount of hours probably 200 ish, but compared to the other games in the series that's very little.

My least favorite souls, but still very much worth playing.
>>
>>377829007
he can summon skeletons and his sword after you break a shackle
>>
File: 1490727413999.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
1490727413999.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
>>377829395
Fuck off
>>
>>377812894
because it's the newest iteration and this board is full of contrarian hipster fucks pretending DaS2 wasn't dogshit
>>
>>377830316
6:44 bad end
6:37 true end
save scumming fag
>>
File: 1463575964000.png (219KB, 827x539px) Image search: [Google]
1463575964000.png
219KB, 827x539px
>>377812894
Because it's not Dark Souls 1
>>
>>377830057

I'm genuinely curious, how do you get so many hours out of the souls games?

I typically do a few NG runs with different builds but top out at 120-150 hours per game. Is it all time spent PvPing?
>>
>>377830443
sunrise is the good ending
>>
i liked 1 and 2 for repeated plays, but with 3 every replay is pretty much the exact fucking same

really bothers me, dont imagine ill play it again
>>
>>377830316
https://boards.4tan.org/v/search/image/6H69mhcpigAe4KoZl5MIWg/
>>
>>377830640
and you got BTFO by it every single time
>>
>>377830504
I enjoy SL1 runs and pushing through to NG+7
If I fight a boss I really enjoyed (Ludwig/Gael/etc) I'll make a new character and get said character to boss kill him and start over. (I just learned I can make save profiles so my playtimes for future souls game if any, would be cut down tremendously)

But mostly challenge runs or I put in all the weapons in a randomizer list and use whatever is selected.
>>
>>377830316
You people have a built-screenshot tool and you still take photos of the TV with your phone. Anyone who is this retarded should not be allowed to carry on their genes.
>>
>>377830765
>Tfw have a NG+7 save for Ludwig

Why's he so handsome ;_;
>>
The flame scimitar, Onyx Sword and Demon Fist are the only good things i've found so far in DS3. Two of them are from the fucking DLC which speaks volumes.
>>
>>377830961
The dlc is fucking cancer and introduced several broken as fuck weapons.
>>
>>377831090
The only cancer weapons I've run into are twin greatswords inescapable combo, vort club shitters and split leaf fuckers. Everything else was managable for me.
>>
>>377831452
>vort club shitters
The frost is the only saving grace it has since its weak as hell otherwise.
>>
>>377831090
buy our dlc goyim

you don't wanna miss out on +3 rings and the best weapons in the game do you?
>>
>>377831751
it's the best twink weapon
>>
>>377833068
Because it can actually frost someone now. And even then, it takes like three hits for it to occur against another player so if your foe is smart, they'll keep away until their meter drops down.
>>
>>377812894
MEMBERRRRRRR
>>
>>377833576
at low levels it can proc with 2 hits and straight up kill people with 1 combo
>>
I just finished it.
I was playing with dancer armer and butcher knife+10, 40 in strength life and endurance, is this build still viable for ng+ or are there better weapons?
I really like the butcher moveset
>>
because /v/ hates normie shit, and by 3 (extension 5) games into this series, it's become mainstream
>>
>>377834765
go to 60 strength, 66 maximum for softcap and you'll be OK for NG+
>>
File: tumblr_optzbaE7qp1vr4739o1_1280.jpg (154KB, 642x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_optzbaE7qp1vr4739o1_1280.jpg
154KB, 642x1080px
>>377812894
anyone play on pc? anyone notice the mini stutters that happen from time to time?
>>
>>377835453
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>377835580
no
it's just you
try upgrading your drivers
>>
>>377816297
Hoods are cool, wish more games had hoods and capes.
>>
What are some good weapon suggestions for Pyros? I don't like Onyx blade and right now i'm rocking a chaos battle axe +6 with 400 AR. I need something a tad bit faster though but don't know what scales good, Asking you fellas before I google for like 40 minutes.
>>
File: demons_scar.png (96KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
demons_scar.png
96KB, 512x512px
>>377836842
>>
>>377836979
Oh yeah I read about that weapon, Forgot DLC weapons existed for a second
>>
>>377812894
Dark Souls 3 is a stellar game. I don't think /v/ hates it. It's one of the best Souls games.
>>
>>377823593
No it doesn't.
>>
>>377837879
Not an argument.
>>
File: 1495412685810.jpg (67KB, 570x415px) Image search: [Google]
1495412685810.jpg
67KB, 570x415px
>>377812894
I hate radditors and since they loved it its only natural for me to hate it.
>>
>>377812894
poisefags
that's pretty much it
>>
>Shit artistic direction
>Shit multiplayer
>Shit lore
>Mediocre gameplay

That's really all there is to it.
>>
Because the series peaked with 2
>>
>>377812894

Poise mechanic fucked, I should NOT be able to stagger enemies in full Havel's with normal hits and if you think I should, go fuck yourself

Story is literally just "like Dark Souls 1 but more of it without a single original idea"

2 at least had the right idea in that its story wasn't about the stupid fire rekindling anymore, even though the game was a fuckjob in other ways
>>
>>377821456
Compare the Storm King to Yhorm.
>>
File: I did it.png (125KB, 423x422px) Image search: [Google]
I did it.png
125KB, 423x422px
>>377812894
cause its trash
>>
File: 1492983381953m.jpg (57KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492983381953m.jpg
57KB, 1024x576px
>>377812894
Because STRong autism builds actually backfired pretty hard this time around
>>
>>377839425
That's because there's zero build variety.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
>>377812894
>Even if they were a bit washed out, Dark Souls 1 actually had quite a bit of color, especially in places like Crystal Cave and Oolacile
>Dark Souls 2 was even more washed out, and many of the environments were shit all around
>Dark Souls 3 is ran on the Bloodborne engine, so it's nearly colorless
>>
>>377839523
gitto guddo fampaino more cheap ass oneshoting with UGS for you
>>
File: 1492239502362.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1492239502362.png
532KB, 800x584px
>boring world
>armor is useless
>no poise
>only a few weapons don't suck dick
>realize how empty the whole thing felt after the halfway point

No nostalgia, when DS3 came out I got into DS1, it was a god tier game, completed it, barely completed DS2 after I found out about soul memory, didn't finish DS3 because I was bored.
>>
>>377812894
I'd rather play DS3 than most of the games out today.

But I'd also rather play DS1 or 2 than 3.
>>
>>377839849
Armor is the most useful in this game, but ultimately it is still always better to wear nothing to roll faster with more i frames sadly enough.
>>
>>377839927
also
>nonstop long rolling with ridiculous iframes
>>
>>377839713
I agreeagree, R1 spamming light weapons was a great replacement for all the builds in DaS2. Combined with the fact that you're still wrong if the ringed greatswords haven't been patched yet.
>>
>>377839849

none of dark souls have ever been god tier
clopping around some dank ps2 gothic generic level then rolling around everything is not "god tier"
>>
>>377840905
Why are you here?
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.