[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark Souls 2 had the worst boss fights in the ser-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

File: SotFS_Raime.jpg (2MB, 1428x820px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Raime.jpg
2MB, 1428x820px
>Dark Souls 2 had the worst boss fights in the ser-
>>
>>377806825
ies.
>>
>>377806825
that pic doesnt change that fact. raime might be good, but das2 still has the majority of the worst bosses in the series
>>
>>377806825
*massive vomit*
Cunt you realise ds2 had worse graphics than ds1?
>>
>>377807108
yeah it's really weird

dark souls 2 has some great little moments visually (usually when you enter an area for the first time) but in general the game looks an entire generation worse than the previous game graphically and a lot worse artistically
>>
>>377806825

Fume knight sucks.

The only interesting thing about him is how cheeky he was with switching up attack timings.

Allone was much better
>>
>>377806825
Dark Souls 2 had a fucked up development that they talk about in interviews and that's why it came out shit.

DLCs did not have the same problems which is why they were dramatically better than anything in the base game. Aside from the rehash "challenge" boss each three had, those were just kinda thrown in for shits and giggles I guess.
>>
The reason why DS2 has so poor lighting is because they removed the lighting they had at the last moment and didn't have time to remake all the assets.
>>
>>377806901
I guess it depends on what your cutoff point is for awful bosses. Bed of Chaos and Ancient Dragon (Who isn't even really a boss) are pretty much rock bottom.
And DaS2 has the most bosses (I think) so the more vaguely defined "worst bosses" is, the more likely it is that DaS2 is probably going to be considered to have the most of them.

>>377807260
DaS2 was an unfinished and rushed product that was hastily stapled together and downgraded enough that it could run on console hardware.

It's not really weird.

DaS3 is weirder in that regard.
>>
I honestly find a good majority of them fun to fight even if some of the random abominations aren't particularly challenging.

DaS2 as a game offers basically unrivaled variety but not consistency, and it honestly doesn't bother me. It's better than a shitload of RPGs even at its lowest, and even offers plenty of things other Souls games don't.
>>
>have to play the dlcs for good bosses
>>
>>377811336
>looking glass knight
>lost sinner
>ruin sentinels
>smelter
>velstadt
>dark lurker
>throne watcher/throne defender

all good fights, then there's stuff like charriot which isn't necessarily a good boss fight in the same way but is still fun/interesting
>>
>>377806825
>there's a peanut in that shit pile
>that somehow makes the rest of the shit pile high cuisine
>>
Bed of Chaos exists
>>
File: 1494581465701s.jpg (2KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494581465701s.jpg
2KB, 93x125px
>>377811562
>Looking glass knight, lost sinner, sentinels, 4 smelter demons every area, throne watcher/defender.

Sure belongs in this thread. All of these bosses suck.
>>
I haven't played Dark Souls 2 DLC because I had my fill of shit content with the base game but this boss design looks absolutely horrible.
>>
so I recently played through ds1 after playing the other 2 games first and the fights were honestly a joke I didn't play the dlc yet because i didn't know you are forced into ng+ but i am now anyway convinced that people are just nostalgic as fuck about ds1
>>
>>377810338
>killing ancient dragon
>>
>>377812989
Ok idiot shut the fuck up now
>>
>>377812941
Don't worry I think you speak for most Dark Souls 2 shitposters as well.
>>
>>377812989
elaborate on what you mean by "a joke".
>>
>>377813141
I'm not worried at all
>>
>>377811562
>Ruin sentinels
>Lost sinner
I'll give you the others but come on man.
>>
I honestly dont get the hype for Fume Knight
I kept hearing people saying it was a great fight and when i finally got to it...
s'alright i guess
>>
>>377813259
Not him but I'm guessing it's kinda like when you start playing a game series from the 2nd or 3rd game then you go back to the original and you think you're qualified to judge it at all, that makes your opinion a total fucking joke.
>>
>>377811562
Wow 2 or 3 decent bosses! You're totally right das2 is the best! Das2 haters btfo!
>>
>>377806825
>small sword in right hand
>large sword in left
Who would design a left handed boss
>>
>>377813479
Imagine being a meme spouting teenager that had DaS2 as his first souls game, you go through all this hot garbage thinking that it's the norm for souls games then after completing the main game and having to buy the dlc you finally come accross something that is not pure unadulterated shit.
>>
Fume's hitboxes were all fucked up on DLC launch on 360 though.
Maybe they tightened them up later but fighting him was a joke.

Also the hallway full of giant enemies between you and him is fucking stupid.
>>
Replaying DaS2 is such a fresh experience every time because I've always forgotten like half the bosses and areas
>>
>>377806893
/thread
>>
>>377813496
why not tho i mean im sure the fights were more impressive when the game first was released but then how do people compare the games anyways
>>
>>377813641
Whats your problem with lefties?
>>
>>377813748
>game is shit and forgettable
>you play it again
>wow I don't remember anything, what a fresh experience
If anything, it goes to show how much of a shit game with zero impact DaS2 was.
>>
>>377813717
Wasn't there a bonfire right next to the boss arena?
>>
>>377813892
I was being sarcastic
>>
>>377813892
But I think that is what >>377813748 meant
>>
>>377813783
I'll try to help you but if you can't see it for yourself then it just means you have shit taste and nonexistent knowledge about good game design.

Even if every single DaS2 boss was fantastic it would still be a boring, uninteresting piece of shit game. Do you understand why?
>>
>>377813391
The arena design of Ruin Sentinels isn't a flat box + optional pillars that doesn't matter during the fight and boss itself is also pretty decent

Lost Sinner would have been great if pitch darkness was actually a thing in DaS2 but as it stands the fight is probably alright even if it suffers quite a bit from the janky DaS2 animation quality.
>>
File: knight artorias.jpg (85KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
knight artorias.jpg
85KB, 600x338px
>>377813641
Fromsoft
>>
>>377813995
>>377814065
Can I say I was only pretending to be retarded and get away with it?
>>
>>377814201
Sure
>>
>>377814201
chill, nobody is mad at you.
>>
What is better in ds2:
Scaling Physical Damage or Infused/Elemental Damage?
>>
>>377813641
>small sword that actually requires finesse to handle in right hand
>large sword in left, that's stronger but not as precise / dexterous
Why do you think he's left handed?
>>
>hey guys, how about for this boss we make a regular knight with a regular sword BUT instead of an off-hand we give him a fucking huge-ass DBS?
>kino as fuck 10/10 all hail tanimura
And people present this bossfight as a counter-argument to DaS2 being shit, lol
>>
>>37781409
nope i don't, enlighten me

i admit ds1 open world was better than the others but i also arrived at a closed door at the top of blighttown lel
>>
>>377814150
Cease this faggotry at once.
>>
>>377814948
>>377814093
messed up
>>
>>377814948
>but i also arrived at a closed door at the top of blighttown lel
oh so you're a literal retard lel
>>
>>377815107
i guess lol
when do you get that key that opens the way to the lower undead burg anyways
and how do you realize it opens that door
>>
>>377815107
Not him but if you're actually exploring open paths it's not that hard to reach Valley of the drakes and Blighttown from the back instead of from Depths.
Your exaggerated reaction suggests you're some kind of guide reader that only sticks to predetermined path listed in the guide.
>>
>>377815380
There is no key to Lower Undead Burg. You open a two doors after Taurus. It's hard to miss.
>>
>>377815421
I'm quoting the exact post:

>i admit ds1 open world was better than the others but i also arrived at a closed door at the top of blighttown

Disregarding the fact that DS is not open world, he says it has better world design BUT he found a closed door, as if to contrast this good design. It seemed to me that he thought it was an unusable door or whatever which would discredit my point of DS1 having great world design. That's what I got at least, I may have understood it incorrectly.

Honestly, it is kinda hard to reach Blighttown from the "shortcut" instead of the intended Depths path, especially if you don't have the master key. If anything, the one that reached Blighttown through Valley of Drakes is more likely to have used guides.
>>
>>377813068
I thought Dragoncovs got estus on their necks, why is it on his face?
>>
File: JOLLY COOPERATION.png (235KB, 1024x273px) Image search: [Google]
JOLLY COOPERATION.png
235KB, 1024x273px
>>377815904
No reason
>>
File: ds2.jpg (62KB, 1245x631px) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
62KB, 1245x631px
>Dark Souls 2 is a bad ga-
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXiJqjSe_A
>>
>>377816593
-me.
>>
>>377814929
Its not his design, its that in the sea of medeocrity of ds2, fume stands out with more unique moves, even though he has the obligatory left->right->overhead/thrust...
>>
>>377807304
filthy weeaboo.
>>
>>377815840
>If anything, the one that reached Blighttown through Valley of Drakes is more likely to have used guides.
How?
After reaching Andre you can freely go there, there's one, maybe two black knights standing in your way, nothing else.
>>
>>377816674
what is this
>>
>>377813976
Yes. and you can even avoid spawning the giant asshole monsters but just running along the outside wall opposite to the ground the spawn from.
>>
>>377817009
fume knight doesn't get mad
>>
>>377806893
fpbp
>>
>>377817009
>>377817050
have this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxkfaA2wge0
>>
>>377816909
I don't know, maybe the unknown are full of drakes that 1shot you serves as an indicator that you're not supposed to go there? I remember in my first playthrough I found Valley of Drakes then immediately fucked off, if you have no idea what you're doing and where you are going you have literally no incentive to go through there. Do you mean to tell me that on your first playthrough you went through the catacombs, ran past through all the spooky unkillable skeletons, grabbed the eye of death and joined the Gravelord covenant? Come on man, be a bit more reasonable.
>>
>>377806825
The Ice Knight in DS3 has more moves than him.
>>
>>377815840
i had the master key and used no guides obv

it was just anecdotal evidence how the world can be annoying i opened the door later what at that point was pointless lol

anyway like i said the world was more connected than the other dark souls but i dont value that feature very high desu maybe im wrong and it's better if you dont permanently need to backtrack like me lmao
>>
>>377806893
>>377816774
You're not supposed to "complete" the sentence. They were cut off because it was interrupted by the realization that Dark Souls 2 is actually a good game.
>>
>>377806825
Dark Souls 2 is the best in my book because it made shit like the dragon stones worth using. Then DS3 came along and reverted them back to useless shit.
>>
>>377806825

>scholar of the first sin fixes all of the game's problems!
>The DLC is Dark Souls II how it's SUPPOSE to be!

fuck all of you. this is the last time I listen to /v/
>>
>>377817438
>lol
>lmao

this post for fuck's sake...
>>
>>377817547
>the ____ fixes everything wrong with the game!
This is a telltale sign that it fixes absolutely nothing and the game is still shit.
>>
>>377817194
i actually killed 1 of these drakes but they respawened and had too much hp so i ran passt them i also killed that big ugly dragon on the cliff without much trouble

funny that you mention the catacombs the first time i played ds1(this was my second time) i actually went into the catacombs that was cancer senpai i even got to pinwheel but then got frustrated and quit in the tomb of giants
>>
>>377806825
>DaS2 has like 5-6 good bosses
>4 of them are DLC

Lets not act like this is a accomplishment. Also Fume/Alonne are the only great ones.
>>
>>377817547
Scholar completely fucked Iron Keep, every enemy aggros from halfway across the map now and all come at you at once.

It's also a big middle finger to everyone who bought the vanilla game at release.
>>
literally every boss in dark souls 2 is a dude in armor

pathetic
>>
>>377817931
>Also Fume/Alonne are the only great ones
The only boss I liked in the entire fucking thing was Demon of Song. Sinh was was alright too but he could be a real cunt depending on his AI was acting.
>>
>>377818134
Hey man, are you literally me? I also found it weird that the only boss I liked in that shit game was one of the easiest ones. Good design appreciation goes a long way I guess.
>>
>>377818238
>Good design appreciation goes a long way I guess
This, absolutely. He's got to be the most unique boss in DaS2, and probably one of the most unique in the series.
The fact that it sings like a cute grill, but then is this big disgusting skull-faced toad that only has one weak spot is all cool as fuck.
>>
Every Soulsborne game has mostly shit bosses except Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>377818482
...Because DaS3 has all shit bosses?
>>
>>377818482
I haven't had fun fighting any of these fuckers except for Dancer, so no, no I can't agree with that. DS3 definitely has my least favorite bosses in the series.
>>
>>377813263
Good for you?
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.