[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is P5 a game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Persona_5_cover_art.jpg (107KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_5_cover_art.jpg
107KB, 250x354px
According to rules set out by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game#Chris_Crawford it seems to fill all the points from 1 to 5, only 2 and 3 being controversial. Does Persona 5 have enough interactivity? Does Persona 5 have actual goals that can be achieved (outside finishing the story, or a substory), as it's mostly click to continue gameplay?
>>
How old are you, OP?
>>
>>377804210
My point is that if everything is on rails and there is no emergent gameplay, the structure reminds me more that of a make your own adventure novel than a video game.
>>
>>377804096
Not only does that guy sound really far up his own ass, those "guidelines" are like 15 years old. Games have changed a ton over that time.
>>
>>377804461
Only if you go by those stupid rules, which you shouldn't
>>
>>377804096
I assume you haven't played it then
>>
>>377804569
Does P5 have emergent gameplay? In Skyrim you can put a bucket on the shopkeepers head and rob him. Surely P5 is more of a game than Skyrim, which is extremely shallow.
>>
>>377804657
Why does a game need emergent gameplay to be a game?
>>
God, I fucking hate this board
>>
What a bad topic
>>
>>377804759
>Emergent gameplay refers to complex situations in video games, board games, or table top role-playing games that emerge from the interaction of relatively simple game mechanics

A game having no emergent gameplay implies that the game in question doesn't even have simple game mechanics.
>>
I want to kill myself after reading this thread. Are people like OP really that fucking bored?
>>
File: 1492677276809.png (52KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492677276809.png
52KB, 251x250px
>>377804882
I'm not even gonna argue anymore. Goddamnit, fuck you op for making the worst thread I've seen all month.
>>
This is shit b8
>>
Games are simulations, nothing more.
>>
This thread makes me want to start using /r/games, and that place is a shithole.
>>
Threads like these are the reason why people would rather talk about games on any other board than this one
>>
>>377805454
>Not a single substantive piece of criticism or rebuttal to be found.
Yes, you're right.
>>
>>377805528
If you want to talk about something a little less retarded, I'm all for it.
>>
>>377805612
If it is so obviously retarded, it should be also extremely easy to disprove.
>>
File: 1492984741362.jpg (30KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492984741362.jpg
30KB, 750x573px
>>377805648
>>
>>377805648
It's a stipulative definition. It's impossible to prove or disprove because it's basically just some guy's opinion.
>>
You press buttons and shit happens on the screen.

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>377804916
He's autistically trying to shitpost and rile people in, only to make himself look retarded.
We can juat laugh at him.
>>
>>377807212
Not really. Just interested in the specifics of what makes P5 a video game or what doesn't make it a video game.
>>
>>377807410
Nigga it's on the PS4. You push buttons. What the fuck else do you need?
>>
What happened to /v/? why are threads like this allowed to exist?
>>
>>377807557
It's an academic argument. If you're not interested, please just stop bumping the thread.
>>
Who is Chris Crawford and why should I care
>>
>>377804096
>LETS SHITPOST ON SOMETHING POPULAR WITHOUT PLAYING IT HOO BOY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM MAD ANONS

In the off chance you're being serious, if you ever actually even looked at gameplay videos you would see there's a turn-based JRPG in the game so your entire argument is moot. If you're gonna argue Final Fantasy isn't a video game then you're just gonna make yourself look like a massive retard but be my guest mr shitpost man.
>>
>>377807717
By definition, it is a game. 4'33" is also music.
>>
>>377804461
Is Pokémon really a game?
>>
>>377804096
>"does Persona 5 has content beside the content?"
heavens
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.