[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ suddenly likes Kotick What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 2602012-1601714190-origi.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2602012-1601714190-origi.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>/v/ suddenly likes Kotick
What the fuck happened?
>>
Think of it this way:
Why do people worship Satan?
Because Satan was right
>>
>>377803574
I don't know that people like him, but they blamed him for fucking over devs who they were convinced were saints and turns out those devs were human garbage and kotick was doing people favors for what he did to them.

That said he's probably done a lot of other terrible shit. But I don't give enough of a shit to remind myself about a guy that hasn't been relevant in years.
>>
He's currently the lesser evil.

E3 will give them reason to rise up again, surely.
>>
It turned out he was 100% right about Mr Shitface
>>
File: he tried to warn us.jpg (31KB, 605x132px) Image search: [Google]
he tried to warn us.jpg
31KB, 605x132px
He's a necessary evil that knows what he is.
He also blew the fuck out of Tim Schafer.
>>
more like literally no one talks about him anymore
>>
>>377803574
He corrals the cod kids. Fine by me, don't want to see them in other games.
>>
>>377803574
He's been /ourguy/ for years.
>>
>>377803873
>>377804072
This. Everyone was buying into the "corporate always bad, poor oppressed artist always good" narrative, until Mr. Shitface released 2 K$ flops and space base. All 3 games under-delivered on all of their promises and where mediocre in almost every way.
>>
>>377806728

Everyone is still buying the "corporate always bad, poor oppressed artist always good" crap, they just know it doesn't apply to Tim Schafer in particular anymore.
>>
>>377806870
It's going to take longer for people to wake up to Obsidian too.
>>
>>377803574

His brand of evil is simply to be more efficient and to make more money. This doesn't necessarily negatively effect games.

Compared to some of the evils out there today, he's a lesser evil.
>>
>OP keeps being a retarded cocksucker

What the fuck happened?
>>
Kek'd heartily once I found out he's banging Sheryl Sandberg.
>>
an another CEO who gets too much hate is John Riccitello. During his reign at EA they actually tried new stuff with games like Spore and Mirror's Edge
>>
>>377803574
/v/ doesn't like Kotick.

Activision shills and impressionable teens that fall for propaganda like Kotick.

This is one of those threads.
>>
>>377803574
He's less evil than Tim any day
>>
>>377807693
Except he made marketers in charge of spore not game designers
>>
Kotick hasn't done anything wrong. He supplies the plebs with casual games and squeezing every penny from them.

Meanwhile EA is destroying franchises with loyal fanbases and trying to homogenize them. Kotick never killed fanbases. CoD always had casual appeal since the 1st one was released.
>>
>>377807693

I have a little less sympathy for John Riccitiello.

Sure, he tried new things at EA, but the shit he pulled with Bioware stinks. Short version is there was an enormous conflict of interest involved and he managed to make himself a fuckload of money while everyone else got kind of screwed. For those who don't know, John Riccitiello was a founder of the company that EA bought Bioware from.
>>
He became a lesser evil compared to the other big publishers.
>>
>>377808476
Wow that's a jew ass move dayum
>>
>>377803701
I don't necessarily think that's true. He had the right idea, just not the best execution.
>>
>>377803574
He's alright.
Activision drives IPs into the ground, but otherwise they make well polished games that you really can't say are bad. You can say they're extremely boring, but not bad.
>>
>>377803574
The issue was that Activision, back when it was owned by Vivendi, was shit. Kotick spent a ton of his own money to buy Activision away from Vivendi and team up with Blizzard. Among the devs that Kotick apparently screwed over, most of them were just pretty shit and they got canned. They all went on to create shit. You usually hear the most about Mister 3.3 Million Dollars, all the things Kotick said about Tim Schafer was right.

The only instance in which Vivendi Activision was fucking over a good dev was when they had a stranglehold on the original Infinity Ward who were getting reamed in the ass since COD2 and had enough after MW2. While Old IW went on to become Respawn and make the pretty great Titanfall games, they're back in bed with their first abusive wife EA who was fucking with them when they were "2015 Inc" and caused them to leave to make COD.

ActiBlizzard seems to be doing quite well, and there haven't been any big nasty horror stories (the likes of which you hear from EA, Ubisoft and Valve) out of them for years. They're trying whatever ideas, cutting out "fuck that loser" types and making sure their games are fun even if it means redoing a lot of it after release. They even tried to undo some of the evils of Vivendi like reviving Sierra. The only thing people have to complain about are the goofy microtransactions they put into COD games for laughs, like fucking voiceovers from e-celebs, and that doesn't really affect anything so it's not a problem.

Activision is definitely a lot different than it was about a decade ago, but it is still a company at the end of the day and the only thing that really matters is if the games they make are good or not.
>>
>>377803701
Did satan wanted to release Call of Duty every fucking year? how is that shit even right?
>>
>>377806728
Corporate isnt necessarily evil but it's never good. I am okay with that.
>>
File: 1494213108743.png (297KB, 358x469px) Image search: [Google]
1494213108743.png
297KB, 358x469px
>>377803574
>/v/ suddenly likes halo 3
>/v/ suddenly likes tf2 youtube videos
>/v/ suddenly hates anime
>>
>>377812114
Don't ask me, ask the millions of people who buy it every year and have a great time.
>>
>>377804072
Of all the words of tongue and pen, these hurt the most "Bobby Kotick's right again"
>>
>>377812565
Halo 3 was always well liked here, it's just that the vocal minority that hated it for either being on console or not on their console was very, well vocal about it.

If there's one thing i remember fondly from that shitshow of a year that was 2007 for /v/ are Orange Box , Mass Effect and Halo 3 threads.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.