[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like it, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
Did you like it, /v/?
>>
I'm starting to think nobody else played it. I'm 2 hours in, it's good, not great.
>>
Yeah
>>
honestly, after inquisition I started to avoid these type of games
>>
I did. It was a casualized Witcher with muuuch bettet combat.
>>
7/10 game
Wait for a sale.
>>
Too easy especially with the weaver shield armor
>>
It was garbage
>>
>>377802615
THEN DONT USE THE WEAVER SHIELD ARMOR
>>
>>377802615
Don't you get it only at the ass-end of the game?
>>
>New Patch literally announced like literally 30 mins ago
>STILL no new game+
>>
>>377802393
this. I don't know about casualized, though. they play very similar, but CDPR haven't figured out combat in three Witcher games.

>>377802427
also this, granted it's not the retarded measurement.

>>377802615
also this. very hard is the only good way to play.

Good posts ITT.
>>
in b4 complaints about SJW agendas, even though it was white males that raised your character, created the defense plan for ZD until it could be deployed, ensured the continuation of the human race, and provided a way for Gaia to undo its mistakes.
>>
>>377802232
>I'm starting to think nobody else played it
>over 2mil in sales
>starting to think nobody played it
Hokay.

Anyway, OP, I loved it. Gonna jump on it later today.
>>
>>377802725
>game gives you tools
>these tools make the game piss easy
>"j-just don't use the tools the game gives to you!"
so the gameplay becomes better by ignoring aspects of its gameplay
thats very telling for a Sonygame
>>
It's a good game all around, but it also doesn't bring anything new or exciting to the table. Everything in it is just a decent implementation of something you've seen time and time again.

Also while I really liked the backstory of the world and explanation for why its like that, I never really gave a shit about Aloy's part in it or her motivations. Which left the heart of the narrative feeling pretty empty most of the game. At least for me.
>>
File: 1493194327957.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493194327957.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>Follow the marker type quests
>Repetitive combat
>Invincible mode when you get the ancient armor
>Little variety in monsters
>Retarded human combat
>Retarded AI in general
>Envirnment structures NOT responding to your character (water, grass)

Shan't play more
>>
>>377802351
Fuck dude. That's the comparison I made the moment I started playing it. Horizon gets everything right that DA:I got wrong. Makes you wonder how they're even part of the same console generation.

Pick it up dude. You'd probably appreciate it
>>
>>377802936
You are wrong to assume that faggots who complain about that shit actually played the game.
>>
>>377802976
It's incredibly obvious that I was referring to the lack of responses in this thread
>>
>>377803261
I might in the future
>>
>>377803015
A lot of games try to appeal to casuals and hardcore. If you play Horizon like an exploiting retard, you'll think the gameplay is ez and boring. The game rewards a patient playstyle, but it also rewards an aggressive one.

That said Horizon gives you a lot of tools. It's not hard to lean on the many crutches. And there's always a "best way" to take down an enemy.

>very telling of a Sony game
If you think this is the only game that has the tools to make your experience easier, then you haven't played many video games. Mario Kart just added cruise control. Most games have easy difficulty as an option select. Any game with an upgrade/progression system has that built-in easier mode with difficulty that seldom scales.

Yeah I like hard combat and Horizon doesn't have it. It's not Monster Hunter but I enjoyed it for what it was. Will play the sequel/10
>>
>>377803878
>A FUCKING IN GAME ARMOR IS EXPLOITING

HOWLING at sonybros
>>
https://youtu.be/DUpPYvELLB8
>>
Yes.

Solid 8/10 game. Combat is the best thing about it. I cannot fucking stand the open world meme. Shit needs to be reworked.
>>
>>377804496
What is wrong with open world? Not memeing, I genuinely want to know what you dislike about it
>>
>>377804521
casuals need a linear game so they know what to do

not that HZD is a good open world game btw
>>
>>377804598
HZD does not need to be open world, the structure barely supports it. Shit I can say it about TW3 too. Just redo the hunts, and make it xenoblade like
>>
>>377804163
I didn't say anything about the last armor you get in the game. Keep howling though I guess
>>
>>377802351
I think one of its real strengths is that it's really short for the kind of game it is, and there's really not much busywork. Unless you want to, but there's zero incentive to. The collectibles are absolutely worthless, you don't grind for much of anything, and unless you're looking to do something specific in an area like a side-quest there's no reason to go there. You've got 4 cauldrons, 15 hunter trials, and the main quest. Maybe 30 hours total of content that doesn't overstay its welcome and doesn't try to stretch out a combat system you solved forever ago, like say Witcher 3.
>>
>>377801618
I don't even know what the hell it is.
>>
>>377804521
Not him but I haven't seen an open world with
>good level design (duh)
>good enemy progression
>good level scaling
>no reliance on filler collectibles and randomized loot
>no good difficulty curve
>gameplay that holds up until you beat the game 100%

Semi open world is the way to go. Witcher 1 and 2 and Bloodborn have this. Arguably Mario 64 and SS to a smaller extent. Xenoblade Chronicles also had this, where you had to beat one open area to progress to the next open area.
>>
>>377801618
Imagine the Witcher 3 but much worse.
>>
>>377802807
I mean casualized in that the crafting and loot systems arent quite as "granular" as Witcher.
Witcher also had a much better storyline.
>>
>>377802615
This.
>Started the game on very hard because fuck it don't want to get platinum on the first try.
>Sawthoots one shot me so I stop playing retarded and stealth into traps into kills.
>The override was a godsend since I always have a robot buddy to fight along.
>Decided to clear challenges and get new weapons.
>Endure sawthoots but now ravagers thrashes me.
>Go to cauldrons and override tricky machines like longlegs and broadheads.
>Get new binding weapons plus learn the elemental weakneses that does more damage but not even half of it so the machines still gets a chance against you.
>Now Snapmaws one shot me. try to get new armor and collect different modifications for weaves that boost the elementar, physical or ranged defense depending on the battle
>Multiple tramplers is hell. Use corruption arrows to let them fight each other, making sure i always get the last kill
>Giant machines are introduced. Stormbirds one shots me, always flying and comes down once in a while. Fin the right strategy with bombs and elementar effect to slow it down and tear away all their heavy armor
>Thunderjaws says fuck you, i attack better in ranged combat. Use max stealth mode against them. Tear away the shitton of weapons they have and use it against him. Still, with those weapons you deal him half their life
>Behemoths are literally magneto + juggernaut
>Rockbreakers doesn't care about your strategies. You better run bitch imma bite you.
Playing it on Very Hard was the best descition i made to play this game. 2 friends play it on normal and hard respectively and they cleared 70% of the game in 15 hours while it took me 50 hours. Their excuse was "i didn't need to explore side quests". They literally had like 3 different weapons and like 3 armors.
>>
I'm posting from my tablet I just want to say I actually have fun when playing this game I got it when I traded up to a ps4pro and I'm playing on a monitor I'm surprised g games got the graphics right this must be an early example of how good death stranding will be honestly if hzd doesn't make the top 10 goty I'll be shocked
>>
No because there's a lot better games that do the same but way better.
>>
Alright I finished this and wasn't really impressed. Should I even bother with Witcher 3? What does it do better, if anything?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.