[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ give me a good rpg or mmo with good character customization.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

/v/ give me a good rpg or mmo with good character customization.
>>
>>377799467
dragons dogma?
you get to make your character AND a waifu
>>
>>377799467
New Vegas.

>>377801302
>DD
>RPG
It's an action game with stats.
>>
Does it have to have good CC? There are so many fantastic RPG's that don't have amazing CC or CC atall (Witcher for example)
>>
>>377801523
so is New Vegas
>>
>>377799467
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout games
Darksouls/ Bloodborne count?
Mass effect
Dragon age
Baldurs Gate
Pillars of Eternity
Knights of the Old Republic 1,2
>>
File: NV failed skill checks.jpg (111KB, 546x442px) Image search: [Google]
NV failed skill checks.jpg
111KB, 546x442px
>>377801957
Wrong.
>>
>>377802090
so it's an action game with stat checks?
>>
>>377802159
Statchecks that provide you with the opportunity to solve different quests and encounters in different ways are the very definition of roleplaying. You are retarded.
>>
>>377802339
the very definition of role playing is playing a role, not stat checks
>>
File: Decy5ar_d.jpg (82KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
Decy5ar_d.jpg
82KB, 640x453px
Black Desert
>>
you gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boys hole
>>
>>377802826
not in videogames.

A roleplaying videogame doesn't actually require roleplaying to be labeled as a roleplaying game (see games like final fantasy)
>>
>>377802826
>playing a role
So Doom is a RPG, because you play the role of a Doomguy? Kill yourself, mongoloid.

I don't have time to argue with your retardation, so I'll just dump my argument here and you can choke on it:

>I do not, and I stress NOT, believe that the RPG is "storytelling" in the way that is usually presented. If there is a story to be told, it comes from the interaction of all participants, not merely the Game Master--who should not be a "Storyteller" but a narrator and co-player! The players are not acting out roles designed for them by the GM, they are acting in character to create the story, and that tale is told as the game unfolds, and as directed by their actions, with random factors that even the GM can't predict possibly altering the course of things.

I'll let you figure out who said this yourself.

>The players are not acting out roles designed for them by the GM, they are acting in character to create the story
>acting in character
>to create the story

Acting in character - playing in a way that corresponds to your previous character generation and advancement choices.

The passage "to create a story" means that a RPG is interactive by very definition, so that players should be able to progress and solve quests and encounters in different ways.

Combine these two things and you get the definition of a RPG: a game where you can progress in different ways while staying in character or, in other words, a game where you can progress in different ways based on your previous character building choices.
>>
>>377802826
RPGS in vidya were never about actual role-playing anon, rpgs by definition, when applied to vdeogames, are games were you gain exp, level up, adquire better weapons and armor and become stronger as the story progresses. Actual role-playing like the board games is a bonus, not a requirement for the definition
>>
>>377803218
>The passage "to create a story" means that a RPG is interactive by very definition, so that players should be able to progress and solve quests and encounters in different ways.
>Combine these two things and you get the definition of a RPG: a game where you can progress in different ways while staying in character or, in other words, a game where you can progress in different ways based on your previous character building choices.

no anon, see >>377803231
>>
>>377803330
You are also wrong, all vidya RPGs are attempts to simulate the PnP RPG experience. The early "RPGs" (shit like Wizardry, M&M, Ultima and so on) were not actual RPGs, as they simulated only the dungeon crawling aspect of PnP RPGs, but they lacked actual roleplaying as defined by Gygax in my previous post. These games were just dungeon crawlers with the RPG label slapped on them, because there were no actual vidya RPGs in existence yet. As vidya "RPGs" evolved, they started to resemble actual PnP RPG sessions more and more with Fallout 1 being the turning point where vidya "RPGs" became vidya RPGs, because Fallout 1 offered you actual roleplaying: you could define your role yourself through the RP system - a system of stats and perks that described your character and these stats and perks allowed you to solve quests and encounters in different ways through a system of statchecks, based on how you've built your character.

Again, I don't have the time to argue, so think what you will.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.