[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wolfenstein 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: wolfenstein-1.jpg (43KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
wolfenstein-1.jpg
43KB, 616x347px
Will they be able to keep away from lame trends of modern day FPS games?

I think the retro feel of The New Order was a huge plus and made the game feel so fresh after countless Far Cry's and similar games.

I'm rarely excited for games, but I can't wait for the next Wolfenstein! (never preordering, though)
>>
I think if they keep the gameplay and style of The New Order and The Old Blood, it'll be great. I'm excited.
>>
>>377794818
It will be this new form of "it's retro but not really, it's just a modern FPS but slightly faster" type thing. Granted it's still better than the cover based pop heads from behind a chest high wall games.

How come no newer games can capture that old school feel no matter how much they try?
>>
>Wolfenstein went from being a series about nazis and the occult, to be story driven trash
TNO really made me appreciate '09 at least.
>>
File: letés.jpg (10KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
letés.jpg
10KB, 265x190px
Killing nazi faggots is always fun

>inb4 mad loser faggots
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>377794818
>I think the retro feel of The New Order
>CoD gunplay
>Retro

The game was fucking trash, let's just accept it. Wasted my money and time downloading this shit on steam.
>>
inside take. Same shit only lots of GIANT enemies. Wolfenstein 2: Pacific Rim
>>
>>377795006
>It will be this new form of "it's retro but not really, it's just a modern FPS but slightly faster" type thing.
oh so just like the last shitty wolfenstein reboot
>>
>>377794818
>never preordering, though
i know i am, funny that a shooter was the best written game that year.
>>
>>377796364
Almost as fun as killing commies.
>>
File: Laughing Dykes.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dykes.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>377794818
>I think the retro feel of The New Order was a huge plus and made the game feel so fresh after countless Far Cry's and similar games.

>TNO
>Retro Feel
>>
Frankly just give me more of the same and I'll be set. TNO is one of my favorite shooters from the recent years so I hope they don't stray too far from the formula.
>>
>>377794818
I can't wait for this game, closest I'll ever come to be like my grandfather, who killed the nazis so that his grandchildren could be called nazis for believing what he believed.
>>
>>377796992
And losing a World War against them?
>>
>>377797170
DESU it does a way better job emulating the speed of some older FPS's, especially if you play on the normal difficulty or below where you can run and gun the whole game
>>
>>377797720
>it does a way better job emulating the speed of some older FPS's
>run speed is the same as CoD

Maybe you should actually play an older FPS instead of listening to marketing
>>
Just fucking remove the center hub. Shit was immersion breaking.

I just want more occult, hell mecha-occult.
>>
I just want one thing, less fucking story.

The gameplay was great but there was so much bullshit between shooting nazis and shooting nazis that it ruined the game for me. I play Wolfenstein to shoot nazis, not doing fetch quests for tards.

also more occult and sci-fi gadgets. The arsenal in '09 absolutely spoiled me.
>>
>>377796992
No joke, I want that to be the next antagonist. Like, Stalin is encased in a giant steel mech with a hammer and sickle, and you have to blow him to smithereens inside Saint Basil's or some shit
>>
>hilariously bad forced story shit

>ruined BJ, no longer a stoic and silent superspy, now he's a fucking cuck who whispers to himself constantly, half of it being pseudo-intellectual awful video-game-writing philosophy shit

>cod-style "aim down sights and wait for enemy to pop head out of cover" gameplay except now you can explore these shooting galleries after the firefight and collect useless fucking shit, having to mash the interact key every time, wow!!

>non-human enemies are total shit, no more actually scary mutants and zombies like in rtcw, now we have shitty robots with le emp grenade weak spot maymay

>terrible bosses

>quicktime events and cinematic takedowns

I wish 2009 was the final entry in the series
>>
>>377798139
Holy shit do you have ADD? 95% of the game was shooting ebul nazis
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>377796992
>tfw killing marxist scum

They aren't human so it isn't murder
>>
>>377794818
>lame modern fps trends
No
>retro feel
Hahahahaha
>>
>>377798739
>>377798739
>>
I wish they would cut the stealth entirely. It felt like I was missing out on so much more playing the game as I spent half of it crouched with a knife
>>
More Hell Nazi Science Fiction setting, less forced story focus.

Let's focus on the gameplay, k? Doom 4 had the courtesy of not forcing that shit if you didn't want to.
>>
>>377800559
Just played a bit and I agree with your feeling on stealth entirely. Thankfully it's optional.
>>
Expect curb stomps and chainsaw kills like Nu-Doom.
>>
No sex scenes why are these a thing in my Nazi killing video game?
>>
>>377801221
>Thankfully it's optional.

Not when the game takes away your gun

I mean, you can still stab them real easy, but it's not any less dull
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.