[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games like Dead Space or Alien? no walking sims

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: alien.jpg (98KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
98KB, 600x400px
What are some games like Dead Space or Alien?

no walking sims
>>
>>377794438
This reminds me I need to play Dead Space 3. Bought it on sale a while back and installed it, but got busy with other games and real life crap.

I know Dead Space 3 isn't really much of a horror game anymore since it focuses more on the action, and I heard it's even a open world somehow. Still though, I want to complete the trilogy and I think I'll enjoy it.

Have you played Dead Space 3 yet OP?
>>
>>377794556
i played all Dead Space games, yeah
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=horror+sci-fi+shooter
>>
>>377794556
>Dead Space 3
Can it be played coop pirated?
>>
Nu-Prey is probably the closest, though gameplay-wise it's more akin to System Shock.
>>
>>377795216
Yeah I'd say the new Prey is really solid. OP you should give that a try. Definitely gives me System Shock 2 vibes throughout. There's not really dark gritty horror like in Dead Space, but it's very suspenseful and at times shocking.

The gameplay elements and setting are top notch.
>>
>>377794438
Might wanna try lost planet. Similar setting.
Not horror-genre though
>>
>>377794438
Prey 2017
>>
>>377794609
>>377794556
>>377795157
Are there any Dead Space 3 add-ons or expansions that are any good? If I'm going to start it and complete it I'd like to get all the good content in right away.

I notice there's an expansion called Awakened. Is it any good?
>>
playing dead space 3 on the hardest difficulty solo my first and only playthrough was the most stressful experience of my life

i could feel the sweat pouring down my balls as i ran out of ammo just to hit a safe spot at the right time.

i either lucked the fuck out or the pacing in that game is perfect. i was never frustrated, but constantly on the edge of my seat
>>
>>377795534
no clue i havent played the dlcs
>>
>>377795534
>Awakened
Awakened is supposed to be the horror content that everybody missed in DS3. It is a bit scarier and adds DS2 vibes with lots of hallucinations, dark corridors and all of that stuff. Gameplay stays mostly the same though
>>
>>377795605
Yeah I've heard the pacing, action, and crafting systems are top-notch in DS3 which is one of the reasons I want to play it. I also really enjoy the DS lore and how necromorphs work gameplay-wise.

I'll ask you the same question I asked above. Any good DLC or expansions for DS3?
>>
Prey 2006 has some nice space horror elements including body horror and children ghosts, but it's mostly an action game.
>>
>>377795605
DS3 is fucking hard as fuck on insane even with all the overpowered weapon combos, ppl shitting on it are rather silly. Always being on one clip of ammo for most weapons and barely surviving, having to sometime statis and melee kept me on edge as well.

Yeah COOP in a horror game is BS but at least they don't force an AI partner on you like RE5 and RE6.
>>
so is
>le walking sims
the new /v/ meme?
>>
>>377795926
People just don't like thins like fetching quests and empty pieces of scenery. They never did. It boring gameplay
>>
>>377795157
Dead Space 3 is $20 on Amazon or Origin right now. Surely you can afford that? I really doubt the online features would work through a cracked copy.
>>
>>377796380
7 Bucks on G2A.
>>
dead space 3 is worth no amount of money
>>
>>377796664
There you go. I've never used G2A before. I honestly don't know how that site works and it seems more sketchy than just pirating the damn game. Whenever I look for a game on G2A none of the prices match up. For example Dead Space 3 shows up as $8.07 in the search bar, then once clicked on it changes to $8.88. When I view all offers there isn't even anything listed for $8.88, so I'm totally confused about the pricing on this website. I get that there are multiple sellers, but I don't get why a single offer can have multiple prices displayed at different places on the site.
>>
File: dinocrisis.jpg (256KB, 1496x1005px) Image search: [Google]
dinocrisis.jpg
256KB, 1496x1005px
>>
File: what.png (14KB, 288x263px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
14KB, 288x263px
>>377796908
For example, what the fuck does this mean? Either I'm really tired and unable to comprehend simple shit, or this makes no sense. It sounds like the price on the front page is artificially inflated for no apparent reason, and you can get the identical offer lower on the page for a cheaper cost.
>>
>>377796908
Yeah its weird, and there are chances that you are buying stolen keys and such, its a bit shady, but so are torrenting sites. All the keys I ever bought through G2A are still working though. Never had a problem with it, never bought the extra G2A protection shit. (Who needs it anyway when the game is just like 7$, its not like you are risking a lot of money)
>>
>>377794556
I haven't played DS3, mostly because It isn't on Steam. I heard it was shit too. I liked the DS1 over DS2.
>>
>>377797139
any retard can sell shit on g2a
some prices are going to be lower
g2a isnt showing you those because the seller is not rated yet or has not been proven to be selling legit keys yet
g2a is shit, i use instant-gaming, its not a marketplace its a trusted reseller and i've never had a single issue
>>
>>377797214
Watch this. Excellent explanation what happened.
As always it was EAs fault trying to get a broader audience by shifting the genre from horror to generic shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edcBLDNR2Ig
>>
>>377797139
Trusted sellers get their offers to the front page, these offers are not always the cheapest ones as newer (potentially unsafe) sellers who sell their games at lower prices.

Bit of a risk system. Lower prices for a higher chance of getting scammed.
>>
>>377797429
>>377797293
I'm asking why it says "you can also buy the same offer from the list below and at a lower price." Sure enough, the same offer from the same seller is offered down below for $1.56 instead of $1.98 as it is displayed on the main page. Same offer, same seller, same everything.
>>
>>377797761
eh
maybe a seller can list different prices for the same product
just check instant gaming its like 4 bucks there and there's no seller hassle
>>
File: 1477511632212.jpg (8KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
1477511632212.jpg
8KB, 255x198px
>>377797761
Ah well who knows what the russian mafia is trying to do here haha. Crazy russians
>>
File: 47780_20170523012637_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
47780_20170523012637_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
1>2>Severed>2 on hardcore>3

>>377794438
Resident evil 4, run like hell
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.