[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a 3D RPG I can play that has the depth and freedom of a CRPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: nature.png (345KB, 496x358px) Image search: [Google]
nature.png
345KB, 496x358px
What is a 3D RPG I can play that has the depth and freedom of a CRPG?
>>
Muh morrowind
>>
File: 1495458240204.jpg (39KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495458240204.jpg
39KB, 480x512px
>>377794213
I don't know and I don't really care.
>>
>>377794213
What game is that?
>>
>>377794591
Thanks for contributing faggot
>>
File: BS4btohCQAAGH_M.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BS4btohCQAAGH_M.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
>>377794213
>depth and freedom
Although you do attach a shot from PST, you'll have to elaborate on those.

Do you mean the depth of the topics discussed? Because mechanically PST lacked depth (or rather inherited from AD&D, which is exacerbated by shit encounter design). Worldbuilding depth is all Planescape tabletop source. If you are referring to the depth of dialogue and plot, you are likely limited to other Avellone's/Obsidian creations, of which you probably already know (Kotor2, Mask of the Betrayer, New Vegas).

Does early 3D qualify as your 3D? Then I would recommend Betrayal at Krondor, very decent writing (I would say even better than Avellone, honestly).

Same goes for freedom - freedom as in choices & consequences? Nonlinearity?

Morrowind and VtM: Bloodlines also come to mind, but you should know about those, too.
>>
>>377794213
None. crpgs are lost in time.
>>
>>377794646
Planescape: Torment. Lurk more.
>>
>>377794646
Planet Escape: Tournament
>>
>>377794213
Crusader Kings 2.
>>
>>377794213
Dwarf fortress is 3D
>>
>>377794213
>15 options lead to the exact same thing
>one aggros the NPC
Try Mass Effect Andromeda or something. You'll be blown away by its choices in comparison.
>>
>>377794646
Ape Escape Planet
>>
>>377794213
Planescape Torment's writing already lost me when it tried to make this banal fucking question out to be some kind of impossible riddle that no one can answer, not philosophers, not immortal beings, nor gods, just you, the genius player. When in reality anyone should be able to tell you a satisfying answer after 10 minutes of thinking.
>>
File: 1474491946137.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474491946137.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>377794213
12. Truth: "The Planes."
>>
>>377797797
>lost me
Clearly, because you completely missed the point of the question in the first place.
The actual answer doesn't matter. Ravel asked the question from TNO and is willing to accept any answer from him but no answers from anyone else.
>>
>>377797797
Let me guess, you are one of those college students who think that they are enlightened and have all the answers (but they do not assume they might be too narrow-minded or lack sufficient knowledge from history, philisophy, and psychology, oh no).

It is funny, because it is actually ironic, since the answer itself is irrelevant and to see this, you have to be a bit less arrogant, anon
>>
>>377798195
>>377798256
>The actual answer doesn't matter. Ravel asked the question from TNO and is willing to accept any answer from him but no answers from anyone else.

That's exactly what the problem is. Because Ravel was genuinely looking for an answer, and asked an awful lot of people for it. That she accepts anything from TNO just tells that she is biased, but that doesn't mean the original quest to get an answer to that question was not fucking stupid.
>>
>>377798148
You're a big nature.
>>
>>377798581
>Ravel was genuinely looking for an answer
You sure? Because I though Ravel was just being a cunt and made people dig their own graves by giving them a question with no definitive answer.
>>
>>377797117
>3 ways to say exactly the same thing and 1 way to tell everyone exactly the same thing but that you also identify as a squid and they are using the wrong pronouns
Consider my mind blown!
>>
>>377794213
Why can't I choose all of the above? Shitty limited game that forces me into making decisions that I don't want to make
>>
Wizardry 8
>MUH DIALOGUE
>MUH CHOICES
>>
>>377798936
Just don't forget that mod that speeds up everything. The class system alone warrants a playthrough, bonus points if you follow the plot from 6 and 7.
>>
File: barder.gif (1MB, 245x277px) Image search: [Google]
barder.gif
1MB, 245x277px
There are some prime examples of top tier dialogue in CRPGs.

>have to get committed to an insane asylum for wizards, but whatever
>tell the prince of the town that you're insane, straight up, and need to be put away
>he just thinks you're weird, you usually fail at this point
>optional party member can be pointed to and say "Of course I'm insane, meet my companion"
>party member completely weirds out the prince
>prince is convinced and arrests you immediately

If you know the game, you know it was a great moment.
>>
I want to play this but it fucking crashes whenever I use the portal to leave the mortuary.

Not sure what to do. Even running in admin/compat doesn't seem to stop it from shitting itself.
>>
>>377794213
Overrated game. That conversation was cool but it doesnt justify the hours of boring shit leading up to it
>>
>>377799267
Why would I ever have Minsc when Keldorn and Korgan exist?
>>
>>377798727
If i take off your mortality, will you die?
>>
File: spellhold.jpg (741KB, 621x1016px) Image search: [Google]
spellhold.jpg
741KB, 621x1016px
>>377799267
Best moment in the game, hands down.
>>
>>377798747
Ravel loves you, niggah. Yes, that's the actual truth.

You needed her help to escape your punishment, and you got it by charming her.
>>
>>377798581
>Because Ravel was genuinely looking for an answer
No she wasn't, she just wanted to know what TNO thought.
>>
Marvelous work! You've obviously exceeded your lowborn heritage and surged to the vanguard of goonery!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.