[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracy is 100% dead on consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 06121957756l.jpg (10KB, 477x249px) Image search: [Google]
06121957756l.jpg
10KB, 477x249px
PLEASE LET THAT SINK IN FOR A SECOND

100% dead. NOT A SINGLE game is pirated in YEARS

THIS IS NOT NORMAL
>>
>>377792272
>Vita
>>
>>377792272
Didn't Breath of the Wild have this whole thing about being emulated and piratable within a couple weeks of release?
>>
>>377792336
yup. Even tried it on my toaster. frame rates were terrible but i guess it should be decent on a good specd pc
>>
>>377792272
>piracy dead on consoles
>sales slumping

>piracy still perfectly alive and well on pc
>pc industry exploding

Really joggles the noggles
>>
no one will ever crack planet coaster
>>
Dunno bruh I've been pirating games on my x360 for ages
>>
>>377792541
current gen consoles i mean KEKIOLD

also on 360 we all played all games that had to be played. its years old now
>>
>>377792272
>100% dead. NOT A SINGLE game is pirated in YEARS
3DS, wii u all have been hacked in recent years. Console and pc pirating is not the same. Pirating on pc is much harder but on console it takes a bit of time.

Anyways this thread is pointless and I really don't understand why you made it. Unless you're 6 you should know how console hacking works
>>
Consoles suck no matter what, apparently
>>
>>377792272
and? Console games are coming to pc anyway. Why care?
>>
>>377792428

PC thrives because of online games making top $ and Steam/GoG offering old games for cheap.

People prefer to spend 50$ to get 10 good games than spend 100$ to get a AAA shitfest+dlc
>>
why dont console babbies realize they are paying too much money? playing games for free just feels right
>>
>>377792272
PS4 had a method a while ago.
Something about Brazilians copying over games for a fee.
Speaking of which, I wonder if that's still going on.
>>
File: 1494575081672.png (237KB, 680x598px)
1494575081672.png
237KB, 680x598px
>>377793117
you will never be a normal

a normal is ok with spending $60 for a game. the normal brain is limited to instagram / tinder and Gamestop

life is that simple in the normal brain ; you want a game? => go GameStop

ALSO the normals only use laptops now....Desktop PC's were outdated about 5 years ago
>>
I don't usually partake in console wars and maybe it's because I mostly play shit like turn based tactics, 4x and the like, but I honestly can't see why would someone go through the hassle of playing consoles. When it was Plug'n'play vs. all the shit that could go wrong when installing a PC game I might have seen it, but as it is today, consoles are underpowered PCs with even more DRM and even less customization possibilities.
>>377793174
Brazilian here, pirating new gen is possible but you can never even get online with your console, afaik.
>>
>>377793253
>pirating new gen is possible

OP here....how? you pay $100 and they flash clone your ps4 with 10 games and a new os?
>>
>>377792272
Yeah, I am really disappointed with the PS4 scene.
The switch is my only hope, assuming if it gets good third party support
>>
File: you cant justify NOT buying it.png (322KB, 811x413px) Image search: [Google]
you cant justify NOT buying it.png
322KB, 811x413px
>>377793013
uh, like wow, how dare you, console games are priced perfectly.
>>
Brazillians already pirating on ps4
>>
>>377793747
a normal wagie earns $70k a year
>>
>>377793821
Brazilians can barely afford the genesis
>>
>>377793954
A Brazilian guy was the first to figure out USB piracy for Wii U, they're pretty good at it.
>>
>>377792428
>PC industry imploding
Fixed that for you, delusional PCf@
>>
>>377792272

Consoles have used game sales, which almost all console users engage in and is a far more damaging practice compared to piracy.

Its also the reason why games cost so much more on consoles and why they now have to pay for online.
>>
>Ps4 sells like hot cakes due to marketing and the bad press of its competitor
>never gets cracked
>doesn't decrease the sales of the console whatsoever

>Xbox one sells bad because of how It was going to be and people just lost trust in Microsoft
>never gets cracked
>Doesn't decrease the sales of the console

>wiiu has bad sales due to bad marketing, name choice etc
>gets cracked
>doesn't inprove the sales of the console

Huh seems like piracy does fucking nothing and is just a genuinely shitty thing to do, like seeing a five dollar bill fallout pf someones pocket and just taking it for yourself instead of giving it back
>>
>>377795179
Why the fuck should anyone care about giving 5 bucks back to billion dollar companies
>>
>>377795179

Why is it a genuinely shitty thing to do if it doesn't affect anything?

Fact is - it gives consumers insight into the product before buying, its an the anti-bullshot anti-marketing solution, which is why these companies - despite not seeing visible loss of profit to it - will continue to declare war on it.

The less people know about what they are buying, the more blind day1 buying they can drive up, the easier it is to sell cheap trash games for high profits.
>>
>>377792272
no games to pirate
>>
>>377793747
Daily reminder the Forza Horizon 3 $150 bundle didn't include the DLC season pass.
>>377793849
This isn't even like the tip of the iceberg for this argument, this is like the rain is still in the fucking clouds before it came to earth and became a fucking iceberg.
>>
File: 1476947602115.png (133KB, 354x363px) Image search: [Google]
1476947602115.png
133KB, 354x363px
>mfw I pirated and played through Persona 5 on release

Good game. Would probably even buy it if I wasn't a worthless neet without an income.
>>
Xbox 360 times were the best times. I could instantly get the latest games, even before they got released. Get them on Mega Upload, which still existed back then. Let me download super fast as a free user and then burn to DVD and play the latest shit. To me this was the golden age of the Internet. I miss those times very very badly and have found memories of my Xbox.
Sure nowadays I pirate on PC but nothing is as easy as get a super fast download and burn to disc. Won't take up hard drive space, won't take ages to install, won't need me to patch or crack it or whatever. It just worked.
>>
>>377793253
>Brazilian here, pirating new gen is possible but you can never even get online with your console, afaik.

How is that possible with the PS4 or Xbone? I thought you can't hack them. Can I connect a hard drive to the ps4 with ISOs or do I need a blu ray burner?
Who would want to go online anyways?
>>
>>377792272
Wii U says hi.
>>
>>377794348
>PC market
>Imploding
Actually GPU's and gaming PC sales have been increasing steadily over the last 5 years or so. Never mind all these games getting PC releases as well.
Stop spouting horseshit.
>>
File: 1495051811194.png (134KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
1495051811194.png
134KB, 1000x716px
>>377794348

Literal suicide watch
>>
>>377792272
oh, I see, is that why I just finished Zelda botw on Wii U without owning it?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.