[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game is built around using a mechanic >its useless for bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: nigga what the fuck.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
nigga what the fuck.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>game is built around using a mechanic
>its useless for bosses
>>
SMT?
>>
>>377788505
yes explain this shit SMT fags

I'm playing P5 and Nocturne as my first games in the series and both LITERALLY emphasize you exploit weaknesses in tutorials but just about every major boss has no weakness and its just me twiddling down with attacks
>>
>get an item that increases the damage of spell x if the target has status effect y
>90% of bosses and a lot of weaker enemies are immune to status effect y
>>
>>377788573
You can make bosses lose turn in Nocturne by debuffing/buffing and bringing in stuff that resist/null/repel bosses attack elements. It's the 2nd part of the mechanic

P5 just sucks
>>
>>377788573
Most bosses have to follow the same rules for combat as you do. They might not have any weaknesses or they have a fuckton of resistances, but just like how you lose press turns for fucking up, they can also. So bringing null/repel/drain to the bosses attacks can fuck them up just as badly as you gaining a bunch of press turns.
>>
>>377789338
I was pissed because she wasn't gonna show her tits, but then she did and everything was good.
>>
File: 1473170895413.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1473170895413.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
>>377790002
>>377789338
>>
>game is a sequel with some shitty gimmicks.
>you can get by somewhat trying to play like the previous titles, but it just doesn't seem the same.
>bosses seem much harder than previous entries for some reason.
>you realize they're tailor-made for the shitty new gimmick.

Can you guess the game?
>>
>>377789338
sauce?
>>
>Status effect spells
>Normal enemies weak enough not to need them
>Bosses are immune to them

What's the point?
>>
>>377790272
On the other hand

>boss has attacks that can cause at least one (often multiple) status effect
>>
>>377790272
>Hey, this is a pretty fat regular mob, maybe the status effect spells will be useful against him
>30% chance to hit
>>
>>377790272
To trick you into thinking magic users are useful when all you really need is raw attack power and a dedicated healer.
>>
>>377789338
I was worried this would get cut off before the reveal. I'm happy now. In reply to the actual post, I fucking hate it when bosses are immune to status effects as well. That's why I like how in Etrian Odyssey, while having a reduced chance to work versus normal enemies, they do work as intended. It's great to build a lockdown team, and just prevent a boss from doing nearly anything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.