[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still the best battle simulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1475637982062.png (158KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1475637982062.png
158KB, 300x222px
Still the best battle simulator
>>
RIDE THAT SURF
>>
they should make an equivalent for the switch if they dont hate money
>>
>>377777120
the announcer and some of the cool attack animations were the only good things
>>
>>377777891
>Pokemon Stadium 3 with support for Gen VII, new mini games, and the ability to fight every gym leader in the series in separate leagues, along with a final boss fight vs. a team of legendary Pokemon, and several unique Pokemon as rewards
I would play it.
>>
>>377777891
>>377778074

Sadly Pokemon's creators have said it's not happening because Stadium was just an excuse to show Pokemon in 3d (or as close to it as was possible at the time). Now the actual games are in 3d they feel no need to make stadium ever again.

And I think that's bullshit.
>>
>>377778315
so what would a new Stadium game add?
>>
File: gyrados ink.jpg (776KB, 1299x950px) Image search: [Google]
gyrados ink.jpg
776KB, 1299x950px
>>377778426
That's just it: Pokemon's creators think Stadium just was pretty graphics slapped on their existing game.

They don't see the value in having an alternate way to do pokemon battles because the games are "good enough" to them. You can do the battle resort/tree/maison/whatever so a ranked area with a tournament is superfluous in their eyes.

Things like the Pokemon Park games and Rumble World are mostly minigames. These are their answer to the minigame component of Stadium.

The only way we could really get them to consider another tadium is if it added something to the main games. Something I can't even think of because chances are they would just add it to the main games instead.

Any ideas?
>>
>>377778770
I actually like Rumble. It works pretty well with the pokemon formula. I just wish it was harder.
>>
>>377778315
The only bullshit is not getting back the battle narrator once Gen 6 hit
>>
>>377778919
Yeah, some of the spin-offs are pretty good. Better than most of the minigames in stadium, IMHO. The only one I wish could be expanded on is the Likitung Sushi game. That could be fun!
>>
>>377778426
Good animations for the pokemon.
>>
>>377779052
Wouldn't that mean that your character is the one doing all the narration?
>>
>>377779510
visible battle-damage
>>
>>377779989
lclothing damage
for the trainers.
>>
DOWN THEY'RE BOTH DOWN!!!
>>
M A S S I V E
A
S
S
I
V
E

D A M A G E
A
M
A
G
E
>>
File: IMG_1002.jpg (76KB, 750x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.jpg
76KB, 750x920px
>>377777777

Checked them octs
>>
>Many achievements in Pokemon rom hacking, including big boobs May
>No one is up to the task of including RIDE THAT SURF!
fuck this gay earth
>>
I fucking miss Pokemon Stadium. They're amazing tools for replays of gen 1 and 2 in regards to item storage, fast emulation on a comfy TV with your real carts, and some nice and challenging side battles. Every year/every other year, I always do a gen1/2 run including both stadium games and even by myself, it's a total blast. I wish they'd see the value in stadium being a party dueling format and also a great tool for pokemon management.
>>
File: 8adabMA.gif (477KB, 300x133px) Image search: [Google]
8adabMA.gif
477KB, 300x133px
>buy a N64 flashcart
>flawless support for the entire library except for this game and Star Wars Racer
>>
/v/ has Mario Retardies but what about if we hold a Stadium showderp?

Showderp is a /vp/ game in which one anon is named as champion and will create a team based on the specifications of the first 6 posts following a champion announcement. He plays with this team on the Pokemon Showdon simulator until he gets tired and a new champion is elected

Stadium would run with rental pokemon only in order to win Prime Cup, Gym Leader tower, etc. The moment he loses a battle a new team is selected to try again, how about it /v/?
>>
>>377784052
Colisseum or Battle Revolution could work too
>>
>>377782995
it would be nice to be able to duel friends and strangers alike not to mention play some minigames and it would also help having better frame rate, fucking 3DS lags hard time while playing battle tree with a friend, that sucks.
>>
>>377782995
Stadium works basically as a postgame for Gen 1+2. And in that regard it's fucking awesome. People shat on the Gen 1 AI but in Stadium there's actual strategies going on and switching instead of just move roulette. And a LOT of notable bugged moves - substitute, focus energy etc. were fixed. And climbing up the ranks of the Gym Leader Castle was a hell of a lot more exciting than "Battle 50+ dudes with randomly generated teams of 3 and RNG hax" that consists of the series' postgame since. Or even Gen 2's postgame of "fight laughably easy trainers from the last game at even lower levels." People complained about lackluster postgames all throughout the last two gens, and matsuda is obviously very averse to it, so why not just hand it off as a console game? Thanks to wireless you wouldn't even need to package the damn adapters that Stadium used.

Stadium makes Gen 1+2 really complete as a package and more memorable than any of the tweaks in 3+4. RNGhax marathons are retarded.
>>
THE TRAINER STILL HASN'T ISSUED A COMMAND

WHAT'S THE MATTER TRAINER
>>
File: BUTTER.gif (259KB, 104x152px) Image search: [Google]
BUTTER.gif
259KB, 104x152px
>yfw there will never be a Pokemon Stadium 3 for Switch that has:
>local 4 player multiplayer with one switch
>all new minigames + the old ones
>all 802 pokemon
>all gym leaders
>online free battles
>a mini pokepark-like mode
>wireless pokemon transferring from 3ds games
"WHAT'S THE MATTER, TRAINER?"
>>
>>377778426
They could use it for pokemon tournaments where they usually can only show one of the contestants points of view they could have both contestants connect to pokemon stadium that would provide better animations and a way for spectators to have better views. Just a thought
>>
>>377786113
I think the point of Gen 2 post game was that you were supposed to actually start over with a new team the way Ash does on the show. No shit it's going to be laughably easy if you take your Elite Four team
>>
>>377788402
>switch
Thank fucking god.
>>
>>377777120
loved this game
>>
>>377786113
>>377788617
Crystal also introduced battle tower. I'm not sure how that lines up with the release of the n64 games though
>>
>>377777120
for pokemon stadium 3 it needs to be a real time rpg
>>
>>377788617
But who wants to go and catch a bunch Rattatas and Weedles again? Or even worse, Gen II shitmons who only appeared in Kanto? Never made sense to me from any perspective.
>>377789762
Crystal came out a year after Stadium 2, although it's still compatible with it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.