[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games like HL2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: d1_trainstation_040001.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d1_trainstation_040001.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
I've been out of the gaming loop for 10 years. I finally have a decent fast desktop and want to get into gaming again. I remember being blown away by HL2, Are there any modern equivalent games (even ones 5 years old) like it that arent CODfags
>>
Do you mean in terms of setting or gameplay?
>>
>>377774118
both. i guess im easily impressed but HL2 on full settings still looks amazing to me. I guess the "cinematic enviroments" are cool too, or maybe its just the reactor engine gimmicks
>>
>>377774054
F.E.A.R. is pretty good if you haven't played it. It's gun play reminds me of the first Half-Life when you're taking on the soldiers.
>>
>>377774231
Check out Prey 2017 and Deus Ex Human Revolution and its sequel.
>>
>>377774054
Singularity is a bit similar to HL2
>>
>>377774054
The only games I played that I felt like kinda reminded me of HL2 have been dishonored and maybe Bioshock infinite
>>
gamers dont play the games themselves anymore they just watch some faggot on youtube do it for them. they love being spoonfed
>>
>>377774054
the last true shooter was the first crysis.

not aware of any FPS after 2007 that isnt console garbage
>>
Wolfenstein New Order?
>>
>>377774845
You're retarded
>>
>>377774940
nah, dont believe i am, sry
>>
>>377775005
>the last true shooter is the one where you can just play as a guy that punches hard
you are retarded tho
>>
Try dark messiah of m&m if you haven't already it's HL2 in magic middle-age
>>
There is no game like HL2, anon. Sorry. And HL3 was vaporware.

You'll never feel anything even close to the way you felt back then when you were playing that game. At best you'll play some lukewarm, uninspired, passable excuse for a game that causes your brain to squirt out a sad little drop of dopamine, but it'll only serve to remind you of the exhilaration you used to feel back when.

Video games have died and we're all trying our best to move on.
>>
>>377774446
Don't listen to this guy, Prey is aggressively mediocre and DE:HR is dogshit
>>
>>377775216
actually this. I really enjoyed dark messiah alot. You can try the demo free on Steam. That was enough to get me to buy it.
>>
>>377775104
>the last true shooter is the one where gameplay mechanics are not completely gimped just so console kiddies can successfully mash buttons and feel good about themselves

i am quite unretarded, thank ye

:V
>>
>>377775253
Why, because they're made this decade?
If you think Half Life 2 is great I'm not sure why you wouldn't like games like Prey and Deus Ex.
>>
>>377775104
holy shit. i really hope this is bait.
>>
>>377775313
>the last true shooter is the one where gameplay mechanics are not completely gimped just so console kiddies can successfully mash buttons and feel good about themselves
>yet has health regen and can go invisible often to not get shot and has a ability to take less damage and has retarded AI

Retard
>>
>>377775253
Prey definitely takes cues from hl2
>>
>>377775424
because they are crap compared to HL. get a clue, faggot
>>
>>377775239
bummer. i still have quite a few games from 1999-2008 era that i could revisit i suppose. I would just like to take advantage of the new gaming world out there but i guess i'm not missing much.

ill look into the games others have mentioned here. i wasnt aware of them before so maybe ill be pleasantly surprised
>>
>>377775992
That's ridiculous, a game is bad because you think another game is better?
>>
>>377775456
>no bloom, blur and HDR to hide awful graphics
>good FOV
>weapon models and hud dont take 1/4 of the screen
>no excessive camera shake or strawberry jelly on your screen when you shoot anything
>responsive controls
>literally the apex of FPS AI
>massive arsenal
>gives you a lot of flexibility how to progress trough the map thanks to the suit abilities and excellent level design
im probably missing some things because its been quite a while since i played the game, but you're a massive casual faggot so im not too bothered.

choke on a joocy dick, son :V
>>
>>377775424
There are some things I did like about prey. I liked the elemental style phantoms but the amount of times I traversed through the station trying to finish all the side quests got a bit trying.
The writing is decent though I didn't like lesbian relationships being forced into your ears every 5th audio log you find. But finding backstories of people in the environment and through emails really reminded me of deus ex. It's actually a better deus ex game than HR is.
As for HR, playing through Deus Ex again and, as mediocre as it is, Prey it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth and they really should've left the series alone.
>>
>>377774303
heard some good things about FEAR, thanks ill check it out
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365300/Transmissions_Element_120/
>>
>>377774446
OG Prey seems more like HL2 than nuPrey
>>
The Bioshock games have a similar vibe to Half-Life.
>>
Vtmb
>>
is that new Doom game any good?
>>
>>377774054
unironically

battlefield 1 or battlefield 4.

1 runs better and looks better imo. they're not fantastic games, but the first 10 hours will blow you away.
>>
>>377778574
if you liked painkiller you'll probably like the new doom.
>>
>>377774303
Don't listen to him. FEAR is a meme.
>>
>>377778574

Very yes. Just not the multiplayer.
>>
>>377774054
Play the wolfenstein games, then play dishonored. After those play the hitman season 1 and cry yourself to sleep because there won't be a season 2. Then play the old prey.
>>
>>377779850
Also play the nu doom and if you like it check out shadow warrior
>>
>>377774054
>>377776064
I feel terrible for you OP

You're like a guy who got frozen in 1969 and then woke up in 1979 and the first thing you asked was "How big is the city on the moon now?"
>>
>>377774845
S.T.A.L.K.E.R...

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Homefront: The Revolution

All of these are pretty decent shooters released after 2007.
>>
>>377780426
Oh fuck. One of the four people who bought a homefront game.
Can I get your autograph?
>>
If you like eerie stuff going on in HL2 go for S.T.A.L.K.E.R series.

Max Payne 3 is pretty fun.

Classic Doom mods have gone a long way so grab yourself a copy of GZDoom and some WADs.

I've heard E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy shares some similarities with HL2, but I don't know much about that game.

And of course, the holy grail of online multiplayer shooters:
http://openspades.yvt.jp
>>
>>377780426
I'm surprised I'm seeing as many people give props to homefront 2 as I have over the last couple of days. There must be something good about that game.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.