[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everytime I attack the other player gets their attack first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

>everytime I attack the other player gets their attack first

Fuck fighting games. I can't take this anymore, why does it seem like the opponent always has priority every single time?

How do I get good?
>>
>>377770052

use a move with shorter startup when you're close enough to land it. Don't go for haymakers or roundhouses when you're face-to-face
>>
>>377770052
Study frame data and hitboxes
>>
Do research is the short answer.

What kinda characters do you play?
>>
>>377770052
If your opponent is just gonna mash then stop hitting buttons. You'll get stuffed everytime, your opponent will think they're good, and you'll think you're shit. If you just block and your opponent is still putting on endless pressure, either wait until they do something unsafe on block and punish the shit out of it or wait until they try and do something different (like go for a throw), counter it, and get at least some semblance of neutral back. I can't help you out much in smash or MKX, but in SFV if you get pressured a lot then v-reversals are your best friend. Pick someone who has a getaway reversal (cammy, Vega, Rashid) to understand the mechanic and not have to worry about being thrown out of it
>>
>>377770119

But what if the enemy does the same? I'm mashing light attack and I cant get a hit in a GL in Injustice as Superman if he's rushing down.
>>
>Smash
>A fighting game
Etc hit me with your non-arguments you smell autists hurr you fite ppl so is fite game
>>
Stop hitting heavies in the footsie range of lights unless you are frame trapping.
>>
Learn to into frame data
>>
>>377770772
>playing Injustice

Well there's your problem.
>>
>>377770860
Smash is too good to be a fighting game.
>>
>>377770052
try blocking
>>
>>377770982
I will honestly let you believe that if you stop calling it a fighting game.
>>
practice against it in training mode, watch your replays to see what went wrong, watch someone who uses your character at a high level of play, read up on in game mechanics and frame data to see if there's a priority system in place and the actual speed of attacks or if those attacks have invincibility or good hitbox/hurtbox distribution
>>
File: 20170519_213821.png (301KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_213821.png
301KB, 500x499px
>>377770982
>a series more random than fucking MvC
>too good to be a fighting game
>>
>>377771019
Calling it a fighting game is insulting to such a successful gaming staple series.
>>
>>377770982
If I let you have that, will you stop pretending it's a fighting game and fuck off from the FGC?
>>
>>377770052
https://youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
If you're trying to play Injustice 2 or any Netherealm game, just fucking stop. They don't make any fucking sense and aren't fun to play.

>You can tech grabs
>Unless you're blocking, then you can't tech grabs
>Have to STOP BLOCKING to tech a grab that MIGHT come

>Projectiles don't interact with each other.
>Can't neutralize Projectiles with Projectiles
>Projectiles just come out instantly and go full screen.
>Projectiles do insane chip, or knock you down and back if they hit you.
>>
>>377770967

is it not a fighting game? it's better than SF V
>>
>>377770860
Why do faggots like you always start this shit even when no-one brings it up. If you're that insecure over whether or not an arbitrary name is given to a game then maybe you should rethink you're life.

I fell for the bait
>>
>>377771167
Good, it's not a fighting game then.
>>
>>377771019
Its a fact tho.
>>
>>377771279
Name a reason that it's somehow better than SFV. You are either:

>Completely new to fighting games and just parrot what other retards on /v/ say to each other.
>Think that Singleplayer is SUPER important to fighting games (lol)
>>
>>377770772
>injustice

You felt that this game was worth of starting a thread here?

To think that some kind anons were giving you actual advice.
>>
>>377771279
It's a fighting game, it's just made by incompetent devs that still think that nice graphics and edgy stylish visuals can sell a game that had zero thought put into its mechanics and balance

and they're right
>>
>>377771235
>fuck off from the FGC?
Have fun dying without us
>>
>>377771235
>implying smash needs to fuck off from the FGC when it has majors literally every week
>It has about 15 supermajors a year
Tell Mr.Wizard to literally stop sucking the dick of smashers so maybe Smash can leave EVO. But then EVO wouldn't be able to afford actually decent venues without the money smash brings in.
Why would smash need the poverty-ridden FGC? It's like supporting a parasite that only wants your venue fee money.
>>
run and spam projectiles, they will likely jump to dodge it after a while so do an anti air special

congrats you can now beat most beginners
>>
>>377771279

I'd rather play Slow Fighter V than Mortal Dial-a-Kombo
>>
>>377771336
Never said it was.
It's too complex to be a fighting game.
>>
>>377771240

to be fair, you can now meter roll full screen with any character, create armor to interact with stage objects that can deal damage from far away or let you travel to the other side or simply teleport, if your character allows.
>>
>>377770052
Stop mashing on wakeup
Stop mashing after getting your aerial stuffed
Stop mashing after stuffing an aerial
Time your inputs
Don't panic
You're probably panicing and pressing a shitload of buttons.
>>
>>377771421
>Y-YOU NEED OUR NUMBERS! YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT US
Top kek, stay mad smashfag. Fighting games and the people that play them existed way before Smash, we'd be better off as the niche small circle of autists that we started out as than the huge dramatic esports e-celebs that we are now.

t. Someone who really enjoys both Smash and Fighting games but definitely thinks they should remain separate
>>
>>377771517
Now you're just baiting
>>
>>377771421
but the fgc was fine for years before they decided to bring back melee to the mainstream a couple years ago
>>
>>377771776
>combos in melee
>every single followup is different since you must react immediately to follow opponent controlled trajectory
>RPS after every single hit confirm

>fighting game
>land a confirm
>dial-a-combo pre-baked shit, the same 100% of the time
How boring.
>>
File: frog-.png (603KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
frog-.png
603KB, 612x612px
>be smash autist
>be reminded at the entrance of every tourney you attend to that you need to take a shower in order to get in

Why are smashbabbies so smelly?
>>
>>377771969
because smash is for children and autists who can't take care of themselves, just like fighting games are for minorities and the mentally ill
>>
>>377771969
Have you ever attended any game related tournament in general including street fighter and ttc related stuff? They ALL stink. And all of them equally as bad.

magic and anime conventions are the worst. I've heard furfag conventions are pretty bad too.
>>
>>377771969
It's not Smash, it's nintendo. Smash fags are just the only nintendo fanboys that would ever leave their house, so we think it's only them. Expect ARMS to have a similar predicament
>>
File: 1437636352383.png (156KB, 389x469px) Image search: [Google]
1437636352383.png
156KB, 389x469px
You all need to stop arguing over Smash vs. Fighting games. Who fucking cares?

4chan should really just remove (you)'s and the ability to see how many responses a post gets. It has KILLED this website.
>>
>>377772192
Can't really speak for anime, but yeah, magic is horrible. Fighting games too.

Why can't people who like the same things I do take a fucking shower.
>>
>>377771421
The FGC has been around for over 20 years and was growing before Smash was shoehorned in. The FGC don't need you, Smash autist.
>>
>>377771421
Oh look. A smash baby with a completely undeserved sense of self worth. How surprising...
>>
>>377770982
>>377771167
>>377771336
>>377771421
>>377771517
>>377771934
https://youtu.be/1sW2hiiG5Pk
>>
>>377770860
Define fighting game.
>>
>>377772192
dude I was just at an anime convention. Smash's area smelled like literal unwashed buttholes, other fighting games didn't, and THE MUSIC GAMES DIDN'T. FAT PEOPLE SWEATING THEIR ASSES OFF PLAYING DDR DON'T SMELL AS BAD AS SMASH PLAYERS
>>
>>377770693
You can still be grabbed out of those
>>
>>377770052
Maybe you should play less fighting games, and work on your sentence structure a bit.
>>
>>377773903
*fewer
lmfao
>>
Offense isn't always the best strategy anon. Remember the tortoise
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.