[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek VR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: star-trek-bridge-crew-vr.jpg (152KB, 959x532px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-bridge-crew-vr.jpg
152KB, 959x532px
Any chances this game will be interesting? VR game of Star Trek done by Ubisoft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-uAsP41tLQ
>>
>>377769805
Forgot to mention the fact it's done by Ubisoft worries me
>>
>star trek
>VR
>ubisoft

DLLET
>>
>>377769805
>star trek
aren't the people who were into star trek like 50 years old now? what would they be doing with vr?
>>
>>377769870
There are actually some semi-young people who are into Star Trek, I liked the idea but I wouldn't have people to play it with me so I wonder if it has bots or something
>>
>10 minutes of talking NPCs while you immersively look around
>press this virtual button to fire the photon torpedos!
>phew, we did it. just like classic star trek right?
>>
File: Kim Kardassian.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kim Kardassian.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>377769805
Tell me, captain.

If your federation is so great, why are they wasting money on this shitty VR gimmick?
>>
>>377769805
>baby building block interface
Would it kill them to at least pretend that it's a little more complicated? Just so I can at least feel like I'm doing cool space stuff on a futuristic ship.
>>
>>377769805
It actually looks pretty cool and a legitmate use for VR, however theres no way i would buy VR+Machine just for it

>>377770165
also this
>>
>>377770165
I am not sure but there could be a way to remove hud, at least Far Cry games had
>>
>>377769805
Good idea but that interface is insulting to the player's intelligence.
>>
File: 1432178517227.jpg (376KB, 2508x2508px) Image search: [Google]
1432178517227.jpg
376KB, 2508x2508px
Vive owner here

I'd look forward to it if it wasn't 60$, but I've got my eyes on it regardless. Seems like the real fun isn't in individual execution, but in cooperating with other players. I think it's got support for up to 5 people per game. I'd probably already have it on preorder if I had friends with headsets.

it's not a meme, I fucking love VR - the only real issues at this point are adoption and software, since few devs want to make games for a platform with such a small install base. this is changing now that PSVR has pushed over a million units- as soon as PC VR can cheapen up a bit, people will be all over it.
>>
>>377770847
90% of the devs who flocked to VR early are so shit it makes you really appreciate the 10% who "get it"
>>
>>377769805
It would be cool an online VR like this, in which everyone takes part of the ships crew, or something like that instead of just being a shitty VR
>>
>>377770847
I purchased these cardboard "VR" things with smartphones, I hope I can play a few VR games that doesn't require motion sensor controller using that.

VR do looks interesting but it's too expensive for now
>>
>>377771071
It will work for multiplayer and lan if I am not wrong it's said in the Nvidia page I found this game
>>
>>377769805
So its Pulsar if it had a budget?
>>
>>377771071
It allow 4 players online or lan.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/star-trek-bridge-crew-available-may-30

"The game allows up to four players online or via LAN to take control of the U.S.S Aegis, a brand new vessel set in the alternate reality of the new Star Trek movies. Your mission is to take the Aegis deep into The Trench, a relatively unexplored area of space, and evaluate the prospects of relocating the Vulcans to a new home world inside it. But you're not the only ones interested in The Trench. The Klingons have been spotted there too, and it's up to you to decipher their motivations, while simultaneously claiming the area as peacefully as possible for the Federation."

Idea is good imo, but I wonder if this game can live up because I don't think there are many VR owners worldwide
>>
>>377769805
You know, this got me thinking, wanna know what franchise would be cool if it had a VR game? Steel Batallion
>>
>>377771251
>>377771332
That sounds rad as fuck, I would love to see this thing evolve into a full fledgded game
>>
>>377771037
true that
even the higher rated games raise some eyebrows for me
like, really? three hours of story is worth forty dollars to you? the people who buy shit like virtual rick-ality for full price make me a little disappointed

sony has done a relatively great job of getting high-quality stuff on PSVR, which puts most of the stuff on the steam store to shame

>>377771182
google cardboard is barely VR - if you can, try PSVR or Vive in a store. It's a radically different experience.
>>
>>377772053
A full fat Bridge Commander VRMMO where every player is an officer on the bridge. If aliens transport onto the ship you have to fight them off with fisticuffs.
>>
>>377770847
I'm waiting for the second model.
>>
>>377772408
>google cardboard is barely VR - if you can, try PSVR or Vive in a store. It's a radically different experience.
I know, but for a poorfag like me that will have to do. Apparently by using Trinus VR I will be able to play some simply games like shooters etc
>>
>>377772830
I've tried Trinus- ymmv. There's a lot of software you have to install PC-side to get things up and running, but if you like tweaking, it's interesting.

I never got it running, but others claim to have played GTAV with it.
>>
>>377771294
If pulsar was higher budget and more "Cinematic"
>>
File: star trek discovery uniforms.jpg (365KB, 2047x1412px) Image search: [Google]
star trek discovery uniforms.jpg
365KB, 2047x1412px
>>377769805
Will it have STD content?
>>
File: header[1].jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
30KB, 460x215px
Better game.
>>
Weirdly enough, I've not payed attention to this game at all; although the idea of a VR Artemis does appeal to me.

The VR space sim I've been interested in recently is From Other Suns, FTL in VR sounds sexy as fuck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcTkdN7TsU
>>
>>377770847
The main problem with VR at the moment is that we're in same phase that PC gaming was in before WASD was standardised. No one knows how to do proper UI and controls yet (except for cockpit games like Elite Dangerous or Panzerwehr 1949) and while people are coming up with some fun things (Raw Data has a class with a sword on it's back where you have to reach back to grab it, Thrill of the Fight is literally a boxing sim), the fundamentals are still being ironed out.

Take something simple like a shooter for example. How do you show your remaining ammo? You can put it on the gun, but unlike on a screen you actually have to refocus your eyes when you look at the gun and again when you look back at the action.

How do you balance melee combat between players with different sized play areas?
How do you deal with the fact that all player movement has to be client side?

How do you make a massive world when rapidly traversing it will make some of your players sick?

How do you balance players who don't get motion sick wanting more freedom of movement against players who do not wanting to be unfairly disadvantaged?

These are all solvable in multiple ways, but it'll take time for industry best practices to emerge.
>>
>>377774685
wtf an all alien cast?
>>
>>377774925
Check out Everspace, it's releasing on the 26th with full VR support, it's a Freelancer style roguelike.
>>
There is also that space game EVE Valkyrie or something like this that will use VR.
>>
>>377777624
dude that game has been out for over a year. it's got mixed reviews on steam

it's fun for a couple hours but it's not worth 60$, and it has microtransactions
>>
>>377769805
a meme within a meme within a meme

holy fuck has sicene gon to far?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.