[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave 2017 to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: DOS2.jpg (833KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DOS2.jpg
833KB, 1536x1152px
Leave 2017 to me.
>>
File: MFpnayf.png (287KB, 280x391px) Image search: [Google]
MFpnayf.png
287KB, 280x391px
Never played the first one, is it good /v/?
>>
>>377764937
Yes.
>>
Man, so wanna play it.
>>
I bought the first, was disappointed in the generic WoW-tier lore, refunded and bought Morrowind.

No regrets
>>
File: tips.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
tips.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>377765341
>i play video games for the lore
>>
when's this fucking coming out?
>>
>>377765537
Everything about the game is bad aside from the babby combat system that is fun and a good way to progress the game. If you can't get into the setting, the characters, and the story theres no point to play an rpg.

Good luck creating a good looking character
>>
i hope they ditch the way physical and magic armor work in the alpha, made some characters in the party almost useless.
>>
>>377765537
Not him, but the entire setting is utter generic trash. Larian doesn't have even an ounce of originality in them, the y can't write characters, they can't write quests, everything that is not related to gameplay is generic high fantasy shit.
>>
>>377765724
September
>>
>>377765341
>caring lore

The baldurs gate series is one of the best CRPG series of all time. And yet Forgotten realms is the most generic D&D setting there is. Lore is the least important thing in a good RPG
>>
File: angry_papika.jpg (55KB, 687x663px) Image search: [Google]
angry_papika.jpg
55KB, 687x663px
>>377767507
>after I begin school again
>>
>>377767456
This, I want to love the game because the gameplay looks so fucking fun but I spend most of my time trying to work out what classes I want my characters to be and just give up in the first town because it bores me to tears
>>
File: 1408778048077.png (474KB, 427x583px) Image search: [Google]
1408778048077.png
474KB, 427x583px
>>377765341
>Bought Morrowind in 2015
You should regret being a slowpoke and boasting it.
>>
>>377768331
Why was Dragon Commander so fucking good.
Legit the only game to make being an evil overlord feel fun
>>
File: All is well in DDC.png (92KB, 939x426px) Image search: [Google]
All is well in DDC.png
92KB, 939x426px
>>377769003
>could go full 40k in it
I had a blast.
>>
>>377767456
>>377768312

I really usually hate story and I found the start town to be quite fun, after that it became a bit and a slog and I was just in it for the combat.

Honestly I didn't care, story almost always is a compromise with gameplay and I can really go through an entire lotr spinoff if its fun enough, which to me, it was
>>
>>377769712
The undead were great to work with, pissing off the elves and having the world live in fear of that sweet vampire was great.
>>
>>377767456
So much this. I bought a collector's edition on Steam, not really sure if i should even pirate the 2nd game. Tons of content, lots of depth, and complete and utter boredom. Dropped the first DivOS after that forest zone, which is only like 40% of the game?
>>
>>377769894
Normally it doesn't bother me but it wasn't so much the world as it was the characters dialogue that pushed me away.
Felt like forced Fable-tier jokes all the time.

I might go back if I can decide on a class I like, I really like Shadowdancer or whatever its called from what I saw of it
>>
>>377764689

I just bought the first one, hope it's fun
>>
>>377770715
It is for the first 10-20 hours. To see everything there is to see, you will need close to a 100. Which means that you will probably drop it long before finish, unless you are severely autistic.
>>
>>377771068
What are the higher levels like in terms of abilities?
Are casters fun to play as?
>>
>>377771207
You need diverse party of 4 to really get anywhere in the game, there are parts where having 4 pimped out waterniggas will glide you through for a while but you will eventually hit a wall when the zones change

If you mean "casters" as in wizards casting spells and shit, hell yes they are fun as fuck, but they are also completely needed
>>
>>377771207
As opposed to what the other anon said, you do have a lot of freedom in party building. Having at least two casters focusing on different magic schools (for example, water/lightning and earth/fire complement each other nicely), you'll be able to handle anything the game throws at you. Another powerful combination is 2H melee with a witch caster supporting him. I beat the game with 3 2H melee characters spliced with ranger abilities and just a very small couple of spells like Rain.

If you aren't doing tactician mode, the game isn't that brutal even on Hard (which I played). Tactician mode, however, is made for experienced players to experience a totally new AI with hand-crafted, remade encounters to be smarter and more difficult. If you want to go that route, you'll need to really plan out your party.
>>
>>377764937
Good but gets repetitive pretty quick.
>>
>>377771370
>>377771916
Cheers anons.
Might give Witch/Shadowdancer a try and pick up that tank in town to compensate
>>
>>377769003
Because it was so long ago you forgot what a shallow, lazy piece of shit it was.
>>
>>377772123
I prefer lone wolf the 4 characters seemed cumbersome to me, and make sure to keep a few charm grenades they can save a run
>>
>>377772123
Like the other anon said, don't forget Lone Wolf as an option. It's something you have to decide right at creation to really make use of. For my 3 2H squad, I had one be Lone Wolf since I was only running 3 people.

One thing I learned from that run is how much I hated having all 3 characters require the same gear. To upgrade everyone, I needed 3 2H str swords, 3 suits of armor, etc. Diversity in members is nice just so that dex leather has a place, the int robe has a place, etc. I had to rely pretty heavily on crafting to keep myself up.

Still managed it, but inventory management/gearing was probably my biggest gripe about the game.
>>
>want to play through D:OS1 again
>don't want to deal with the slow and boring start
what do?
>>
Only use these if you need a crutch.

Useful/near-broken early and defensive skills:
- Teleport - best ability in the entire game bar none
- Battering Ram for escaping
- Cure Wounds (patched to be less broken, still good to have on everyone) or Regeneration

AI-breaking early offensive skills:
- Firefly
- Midnight Oil
- Summon Spider
>>
>>377773327
If you know the begining well enough you can skip most of it

the investigation stuff is mostly optional. Steal every painting in the village, buy some equipment, and just go straight out and go fight the zombies.
>>
>>377773327
play divine divinity instead
>>
>>377773008
By the time I was done all my mages were using shields and combat armor and were able to frontline with Madora using many of the unique one-handed weapons you find that just have the most insane boosts.

Unless they patched items so you can't just get free equipment proficiency on equipment. Had like 50%+ block on my mages. Fucking awesome.
>>
Haven't played the second game yet. Haven't really seen anything about it since I don't want to spoil myself too much. Have 1 question though.

In the first game you had a really small amount of portraits that depict your character's face and if you are autistic like me it limits what you can make your character look like if you don't want it to be too different to the portrait. Has this been addressed at all?
>>
I want to try and finish a Tactician run before the new game comes out, any suggestions for party comp?

I was thinking Sword&Board + Fire or Water magic for PC1
Crossbow + Witchcraft for PC 2
Madora
Jahan

This party basically breezed through normal, will it hold up in Tactician?
>>
>>377774038
Your Portrait is based on the 3D model that you customized your Avatar with in DOS2. Downside is that the unique origin stories look fugly as a trade off.
>>
>>377769003
>Dragon Commander
>Good

The humor and writing was on point but the actual gameplay was fucking garbage. You know you have a problem when the optimal way to play a strategy game is to just use auto battle.
>>
>>377774121
I never liked archers. They're just less-efficient mages and their skills have poor synergy with the other skill trees. It's hard to primary Archery and secondary Scoundrel but it's easier to Scoundrel and secondary Archery. And I don't even feel like Scoundrel is that good in Tactician because you need two frontliners to protect your mages; there's no time to fuck off and go invisible unless you are going Scoundrel, Warrior, Warrior, Mage; and we all know there's no real point in playing the game unless you're double-mageing it.

The only reason to have one is to use Barditor or whatever her name is just to play through her quest. One significant upside is that unlike melee fighters is that they're able to perform spell effects with their arrows and access multiple skill-tree effects with them whereas most mages can only use what they know. Sometimes you just need an electric shot when nobody else has it.

In Tactician I felt like you needed serious crowd control. The enemy is just so numerous that they'll find some way to fire past your frontliners and when that happens you'd rather have a fragile mage than a fragile archer. You really do need to work on keeping everyone up with healing and the patches have made healing significantly less effective which means you actually have to time things well.
>>
>>377775686
>we all know there's no real point in playing the game unless you're double-mageing it.
I always went 3 mages with madora existing solely to get beat up instead of the mages.
>>
>>377767456
>playing Div for the lore
Div is great for the gameplay opportunities and freedom.

Div2 is going to be godlike because of this insane GM mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNxDMZhiGtU
Ignore the autistic players, the actual gameplay mechanics are 1:1 like tabletop.
>>
A problem I have with tactician mode is that roleplaying is basically impossible and you have to minmax the shit out of it.
>>
File: 4k AA+TF.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4k AA+TF.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
game is pretty desu
>>
>>377777527
In Tactician Madora alone couldn't handle it, at least in my experience. You needed two bruisers. One to assassinate the backline and one to back them up to get the job done and soak some damage or to get the shit off your mages. You'd have her blitz a key target like a mage or archer and she'd just die. Unless you were save scumming it having only her to depend on the knockdown on that key target wasn't enough.

It's been a while since I did it but I have memories of encounters either getting zerged or getting shot full of magic/arrows. There's no room to fuck around in Tactician. I had to use Firefly to break the AI and it was still challenging with two guys zipping around because even the shitty infantry units could pack a punch. Or you just got outright zerged by dogs or skeletons or something even after you teleported the fucking grenade-assholes into their back-end.

I don't know if it was actually challenging or what but it was hard. You blew all your crowd control and smoke to split the enemy in half and only then was it a fair fight.
>>
>Game Master Mode

This game is gonna be fucking amazing
>>
>>377766348
Its such a weird system, it makes no sense to me

It makes it so spamming one attack type, physical or magic, is better than a split. And since magic is obviously better it means that all your damage comes from magic, and physical characters are reserved for purely tanking and passive abilities. You never need to even consider attacking physically.
>>
>>377778384
You do realise that the defense split is extreme from 1:2 right? An assasin rouge can one shot a mage then fly to another one and 1-shot him within a turn. And the most of the best debuff like decaying touch, which lets you 1-shot bosses, are physical armor.
>>
>>377771942
This anon get its right.
Good gameplay but too few guaranteed options that once you figure it out, you will never used other worse options.
So you get stuck in a loop that you will never get out from.
>>
File: GOTY_2017.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GOTY_2017.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>377764689
you forgot pic related
>>
>>377780431
Was Shadow of Mordor good?
>>
>>377781654
Assassin's Creed clone with 1 button controls.
>>
>>377777860
>Div2 is going to be godlike because of this insane GM mode
You are a retarded shill. Better games like NWN1 and 2 (with mods) had GM modes that were never used by anyone, because people interested in playing PnP play actual PnP, not a castrated imitation. Secondly, what fucking "freedom" are you talking about, dumbfuck? The freedom to not make any story altering decisions throughout the entire game, because there are none? Or maybe the freedom to choose whatever build you want, because the game is so casual even on tactician that you literally can't fuck up with your character build? Or maybe the freedom to not invest even a single point in Charisma (the only stat that actually gives you possibilities for alternative ways of progress) and pass all charisma checks in the game? LMAO.
>>
>>377764689
it'll probably be a great game, but not the kind of game that gets the gay of the year award spotlight
proper crpgs are niche
>>
does the second game have the meme rock paper scissors thing for arguments?
>>
>>377781927
>had GM modes that were never used by anyone
untrue underage
>>
>>377781654
It was one of the easiest and most braindead games I've ever played.
>>
>>377779853
Sounds like you needed to buff main stat and find gear with +main stat.
>>
>>377782384
>untrue
Precisely true, dumbfuck. And if you're implying that a DM running a persistent world is comparable to an actual DM in PnP, it is YOU who is underage, because the levels of DM's involvement are completely different in these cases.
>>
So what are the fool-proof skills that can get me through Tactician ironman with Lone Wolf?
>>
>>377782790
status of claim: completely false
back to rpgcodex underage, who wasn't even alive when nwn was released :^)
>>
>>377783093
LMAO, you're a dumbfuck who hasn't even played on a PW and has no clue of the level of involvement of a DM. So no, underage, you don't get to tell me to do shit.
>>
>>377781654

Not even a little bit.
>>
>>377783418
underage rpgcodex posters should go back to rpgcodex where the average age is too young to have to played nwn with other humans.
there no one will make fun of them for making silly claims on the internet (because they don't know anything either) :^)
>>
>>377783604
It's OK, no need to embarrass yourself any further, it's obvious at this point you know jack shit.
>>
>>377781927

NWN1 was horrendous, and only existed as an outlet for custom modules.

Div2 stands to be at least as good as 1, and with the singular thing that made NWN1 even worth installing.
>>
>>377784160
it's fine by me if you want to keep asserting false claims and exposing your baby teeth
besides playing nwn with other people you also never experienced putting reinforcements on each and every page of your monstrous compendium to keep from ripping the pages out of your binder :^)
>>
>>377778063
from what i see they improved the eqiupment a lot
>>
>>377774369
You can still customise the details of origin characters like the Red Prince, can't you? He just can't be a woman or have any scale colour besides red.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.