[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 10

File: 2976028-untitled-2.jpg (117KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2976028-untitled-2.jpg
117KB, 960x960px
Wasn't this supposed to be the Souls killer? The revival and reintroduction of Team Ninja into the next gen?
>>
>>377758969
It did extremely well for being a somewhat niche title. So well in fact that the devs decided to release free DLC that they were originally likely going to charge shekels for.

Anybody who thought it was going to be a "Souls killer" is either a fucking retard or a shitposter.
>>
>>377758969
>got spammed in every souls thread ad nauseam
>dead on arrival
lul
>>
>boring environments / exploration
>too many humanoid enemies

It's not bad, but it's not better than any of the Souls games.
>>
>>377758969
I have no idea about killing the Souls series, but I'm loving it so far (halfway through the fourth region). GOTY for me.
t. Soulsfag.
>>
It's definitely more for the people that want more depth in combat than about exploration and worlds. I think the areas are pretty expansive and fun to go through, but compared to souls it's much more divided so it's a bit more like DeS in that regard.
>>
you don't hear many people talking about it because it's a PS4 exclusive
When Dark Souls 1 was mostly discussed on consoles it had a better community too
With the arrival of II 64bit Steam port the Souls community was destroyed.
>>
File: 1455157939670.jpg (142KB, 589x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455157939670.jpg
142KB, 589x600px
>>377761170
Demon's Souls community was thriving among the people who imported the PAL (or whatever its called) edition, before it even formally came to the West.

NiOh's general on /vg/ is literally on page 9 every time I've gone there, and this came out what, three months ago?
>>
>>377761360
>NiOh's general on /vg/ is literally on page 9 every time
so what? Why are you not in a steam community talking about metacritic and popular games?
>>
>>377761360
only idiots use /vg/, or people who were forced to use it. looking at the comic book games that get forcedly moved there by shitty mods, they're full of OC and constant discussion on /co/ but when they get moved to /vg/ they do either one of two things: full of namefags, avatarfags, and general faggotry, or they die. the latter is a better fate
>>
>>377761613

What does that even mean, are you some autistic Gabenturd?
>>
>>377761360
who actually wants to go into /vg/ anyway though? I don't even like nioh, but honestly.
>>
>>377761360
I don't think many VG threads even get off the ground unless it's a series general or whatever is the new hot shit for the month.
>>
>>377758969
>Souls killer
No, it's a decent souls like game that's similar to anything team ninja would make
I still like soulsborne better but its fun as hell
>>
"Blank killer" is such a fucking dumb concept.
Games can't kill other games, and the more you want one game to dethrone another the more you just build up the game you want to die.
Like shit, just enjoy the game or don't, stop creating retarded nonsensical logistics.
>>
The combat system is great, but every weapon has that one combo/move that is more effective than the rest of the weapons moveset, and the more you play, the more it becomes apparent
>>
>>377761360
>Demon's Souls community was thriving among the people who imported the PAL (or whatever its called) edition, before it even formally came to the West.
You mean the Asian edition. The PAL region are Europe and Australia.
>>
I'm just waiting for the autistic dude that posts the webms.
>>
>>377758969
It's my GOTY so far.
>>
>>377762745
I wouldn't really agree, yeah you can spam whatever is the most flexible combo but doing/learning stuff like high stancing for Yokai or low stancing for something that needs quick hits with less commitment to attacks will work out better.
>>
File: Nioh_20170226164719.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170226164719.webm
1MB, 640x360px
So this is the power of PS4 players
>>
Goty for me.

[Spoiler]tfw too scared to go back and attempt the side missions with 2 bosses at once[\spoiler]
>>
>>377762745
is the opposite to me, imo depends on the enemies. for now im using 1kat and odachi. and they seem to combo well, better if you use the ki + r1 combo i dont know the name, i mean the spining you get if you switch weapons. that thing is fucking good.
>>
I get that the PvP was an afterthought, but jesus fucking christ, could the devs at least put a tiny but of effort into this imbalanced, broken and lazy piece of shit
>>
File: gum.jpg (38KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
gum.jpg
38KB, 440x586px
>>377760230
>lul
>>
>>377763237
I feel like the combat for me was ruined after I unlocked the 1kats mystic that deals insane damage from behind, just dodging to the opponents back and spamming midslashes became boring but remained the strongest move in the base game by far (for me)
>>
>>377763383
oh well, now i understand what you mean, and i agree, for some bosses i go for
A - trying to be cool and combo/dodge/etc
B - go behind and use the midslash
depends on the mood i guess, sometimes i want to take the challenge and somedays i only want to farm X boss. for a first timer i think its a bad impression tho.
>>
>>377763671
It can be easily fixed if for example humanoids wouldnt get stunlocked if you spam midslash from behind, like how they dont get stunlocked when you attack from high or low stance from behind, but oh well. Sure people can just say "well dont use it then if you dont like it" but then it feels even shittier when I gimp myself
>>
>>377763671
>>377763383
I feel like you could argue that with Souls though too, with stuff like parriable bosses or buffing your build/weapon/spells enough to just one shot enemies.
>>
>>377758969
I'm enjoying it. It's no Bloodborne though.
>>
>>377763880
i agree, for now, way of the demon seems great for me. hopefully in the future they adress things like that and how broken are certain buffs in PvE
>>
Its easily the best Souls-like

I wouldnt call it better than the actual Soulsborne games (Except 2, 2 was shit) but it's up there with them
>>
>>377763075
explain
>>
>>377764376
That wall is a kind of mimic in Nioh. It responds to one of the three gesture types in the game, blue (polite), yellow (neutral), and red (impolite).

Each wall responds randomly to each colour of gesture,and if you use the colour that corresponds with the wall, they peacefully allow you through. If you do the wrong colour gesture, the wall gets angry and will attack you after 2 incorrect attempts. Sometimes you can tell which gesture to use based on the colour of the wall's eyes when you get close. You can't see it well in that webm, but the eyes were yellow, indicating that the host should use a neutral gesture. However, even when shown the correct kind of gesture to use, the host did both incorrect kinds of gestures, and was attacked by the wall.
>>
>>377760230
>finding this amusing at all
>>
>>377764692
I didn't know you could tell it by the eyes, I thought it was only a nearby grave with "Death due to X Behavior".
>>
>>377763941
yes, i never done that tho, but i find them boring the weird thing for me is, in fromsoft games i play to finish the campaing then pvp or coop or some builds etc. in nioh i find myself trying to learn the game, i played a lot of bosses without using elixirs..trying to not get hit, etc. and i loved that. maybe is the gameplay? the ki mechanic? i dont know yet. but i like this "type" of playstyle a lot more, even if sometimes i have to gimp myself with low lvl items etc. and like i said above, sometimes i only want to clear X stage then go for the "midslashes behind" type of gameplay.
>>
File: thegame.png (667KB, 896x448px) Image search: [Google]
thegame.png
667KB, 896x448px
>>377758969
>>377760161
>>377760230
>>377760656
>>
>>377764898
Back when the game first launched people were claiming that you can tell by the eyes. I don't know if its actually true, but it seems to work for me most of the time. I called it correctly based on the eyes in the webm I posted, so it might have some merit.
>>
>>377758969
how can a game developed long before souls was even conceived be a souls killer? of course, you just wanted to shit fling and add more fuel to the shit fire.
>>
>>377760332
>too many humanoid enemies
Dude, like 95% is yokai one of my main complaints is there isnt enough human enemies and they introduce yokai too many too soon
>>
>>377762685
This
Nioh started development like a decade ago before Souls blew up.
There are similarities for sure but it's a completely different game in a lot of ways and I feel like saying "it's not dark souls" is a terrible reason to write off the game as bad
>>
>>377766387
It's not Dark Souls though
It's Bloodborne in Japan
>>
>>377766506

It's dumbed down Ninja Gaiden without a jump button
>>
>>377765103
>>377764898
>>377764692
The eye color always reddish when you get the first gesture wrong, it's not an indicator of any kind.
Whole thing is trivial if you have online and there is a grave nearby stating what kind of gesture they used to get killed by, though; With one option eleminated, you have 2 chances out of 2 options left.
>>
>>377765046

>the game with a trench coat and fedora wearing cane sword wielder is less reddit than samurai ninja gaiden
>>
>>377766051
This
>half the skills can only be used on humans
>none of the skills can be used on yokai
I wish there was some cool way to interact with yokai other than whacking their horns off
>>
>>377764692
The eye thing isn't one hundred percent. It worked for me for the longest time but eventually failed a few times, one in three isn't bad on odds.
>>
>>377766954
>The eye color always reddish when you get the first gesture wrong, it's not an indicator of any kind.
Are you sure you can't tell before getting a gesture wrong? I've been able to get it first try the majority of times just because their eyes look kind of blue or kind of yellow.
>>
>>377767216
I mean, even with no information, your chance is 33% to be correct on guessing on the first time, so you could have maybe just been getting good luck.
>>
>>377767216
Oh you meant before you even intersct with it first? I never really payed attention, let me check real quick
>>
>>377767485
PAYED
A
Y
E
D
>>
>>377767519
english not first language, sorry my friend
>>
PS4 Exclusive, it's like they didn't understand they were competing against DaS III and Bloodborne.
>>
>>377767878
But bloodborne is exclusive too?
Also who competes with games that are years old?
>>
>>377768062

Exactly, I wouldn't release Play Station All Stars on a console that has Smash.
>>
>>377768062
Brain dead devs like Team Ninja
>>
It's a good game that suffered from being overhyped. It's a soulsclone, and it has more depth in combat than souls, but its level design, enemy design, and overall structure of the world are far worse. Also there are many exploitable things in the combat that turn bosses into complete jokes if you use them.
>>
>Nioh was Team Ninja's best selling game ever, developers have stated it's revitalised the company

>Some console-warring shitposters on /v/ say the game flopped

OH, WHO WILL I BELIEVE
>>
>>377768424
>Game doesn't have the equivalent of 50% of the dev budget going to marketing
>Actually means huge profits if it sells even a million

What a surprise
>>
>>377768206
But you made this argument that they where competing?
When have they said they where competing?
Are you saying there is only room for one company to make soulslike games?
>>
>>377768651
Why play copies when you can play the original?
>>
>>377768651

It wasn't him, but what part of it you don't understand? If you release a SOULSlike you instantly compete against the other SOULSlike games, people have to choice between buying/playing a Souls game or Nioh.
>>
>>377768732
Because you've finished the original?
Do you only play one game?
>copy
But it's not?
That's like saying all fighters are just ripping of Street fighter or Mortal combat.
>>
>>377768909
Are metroidvanias competing with metroid or castlevania?
And why do they have to choose when they are coming out with plenty of time between them?
If you can buy one game every two month you could still buy both without any conflict with one another.
>>
>>377768921
>mortal Combat
>C O M B A T
>O
>M
>B
>A
>T
Go away Nioh Dev Gooks, learn to spell before you shill
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>377769098
>defaulting to spelling because you have no argument
>Defaulting to spelling on a title where it is purposefully misspelled
>>
>>377769064

>buy one game every 2 months

I don't, same as many more people, I only buy a game if I'm interested in playing it, I don't have much time to play, why would I buy a game that plays similarly to a game I already play?
>>
>>377767216
I've soed through the nurikabes of Deep in the Shadows 3 times now, and I can't tell the difference between yellow and red gesture nurikabe at all. I haven't found a single blue gesture one yet, strangely, so your theory is still up in the air. Will keep trying until I find a blue one
>>
I like nioh a lot and Bloodborne too, why do we have to fight over souls personal preference so much? Its all just opinion
>>
>>377769419
>Demanding unique playstyle form every game you play
So you own one shooter, one fighter, one soulslike, ect.?
That's not a problem with the game though.
It's a problem you yourself may have, but it's not the games fault.
What did you want/expected from it?
>>
>>377769680
Because some people
>>377768909
>>377768206
Are salty poorfags
>>
>>377769278
Stay mad faggot
>>
>>377769689

I said play, and I have limited time, 2 hands and 2 eyes so yes, I can only play one game at a time, and again, I play the game which seems more interesting to me.
>>
File: 1492306441148.gif (302KB, 307x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492306441148.gif
302KB, 307x281px
>>377769881
>implying I'm mad
I'm not the poorfag who can't own and enjoy have two games.
>>
>>377758969
It's one of the best games in the genre and far better than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>377763075
KEK
>>
>>377769992
But the games still aren't competing.
It's not like two game companies need to compete for just your time, you don't matter to them.
You are a fringe factor.
You can have your tastes, that's your right, you choose how to spend your time.
But your thought the games are competing is wrong. DS3 sold most of it's copies before Nioh even came out, while bloodbourne came out more then a year before it. Hell, most people had the time to finish DS3 before Nioh ever came out.
>>
>>377763075
what a fucking idiot
>>
How to beat the quest where you have two bosses at once without having the attempt it 30-40 times? Should I just get the strongest sloth spell and other buffs?
>>
>>377769436
>>377767216
Finally got a blue gesture nurikabe, same orange eyes
>>
>>377758969
The game is great, just needs more enemy variety and better level design to be a 10/10, the combat is excellent
>>
>>377770407
If you have unlocked the "new game+" like feature, do a couple of those until all your gear is at least 150. If you managed to get to that point in the game, you should be skilled enough to take two bosses on with the correct gear. It felt a little bullshit that some of those missions were balanced around the gear rather than skill, but it makes the game fun and playable again.
If problem is not the gear then just git gud
>>
>>377770640
Agreed, the idea of listing diablo loot into a soulslike was a pretty neato.
>>
>>377770640
I think the number of bosses makes up for lack of enemy variety. While you're more often fighting random mooks, the real highlights are in the boss fights, and I'd take three times the number of challenging bosses rather than three times the number of filler monsters.
>>
It's boring. I liked it's original alpha, then they casualized it for the beta, then the next beta introduced random time gated tougher gameplay elements in twilight missions. Dumb as fuck. It's already empty too, almost impossible to find players.
>>
>>377771161
Yeah I also like the bosses of this game a lot, even thought some werent very challenging, each required a different approach
>>
>>377760656
I beat it this weekend and I liked it but I don't see why people need to act like it's better than Bloodborne. I started the DLC tonight and god damn the new enemies have so much health and that first boss was brutal.
>>
>>377771262
>almost impossible to find players
Find players to help you make the too easy game easier?
Never had problems with anything other then summoning people in for myself.
>>
>>377771448
Yeah, to play with other people, or to help other people to get amrita.
>>
File: file.png (800KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
800KB, 900x600px
Objectively awesome combat, meh everything else

Subjectively i love the story though.
>>
>>377762745
Definitely true of Kusarigamas. The fucking Blade Spin special move is ridiculous, dealing like 2 strong attacks worth of damage for less than a light attack worth of Ki, with enormous range to boots. Basically never used anything else after learning it.
>>
>>377771654
Yeah, nah, it's easy to get matched with people.
There is always more summoners then people looking to get summoned.
>>
File: Nioh gravity.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh gravity.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>377770482
I guess I'm full of shit then. Thanks for testing it out.
>>
I'm playing my way through the game right now, and I'm just wondering, should I be changing around weapons as soon as I reach the best title for that weapon? I used the Odachi and got the max title for it fairly quick and I'm toying around with the reincarnation books as well since I got two free ones but I'm just wondering if I should be swapping around to get more points even if my build isn't geared for that weapon really.
>>
>>377758969
The combat was pretty disappointing. They should have rewarded players more for stance/ weapon switching mid combo and so on. There are like 5 ways to counter an attack per weapon which Ive used none of. Most people just played like scrubs because it worked. It's a shame really since that would have been the only thing in which it would not just be a watered down version of soulsborne. The "hardest" missions in the game are artificial difficulty galore. It's still a fun game overall, but nowhere near "souls killer".
>>
>>377772445
Depends on how much you want to replay the game. I went with a heavy armor/ double-spears (then odachi with dlc) tank the first time through, and now I'm enjoying playing through from the beginning as a ninja with 2kat and kama. But if you just want to be a 100% completionist, stick with one or two weapon types and playstyle until you reach the very end. Once you get to post game, you gain so much proficiency so quickly, you'll be able to do the master trials at the dojo within one or two missions of use. Happened with me when I started to play around with odachi with the DLC
>>
>>377761170

>With the arrival of II 64bit Steam port the Souls community was destroyed.

It was already dead by then, the demon's souls threads were super comfy, it was the announcement that Dark Souls was going to be on the 360 that doomed the community, it introduced console warfare autism and shitposting and everything went to shit at that point, the petitions and the announcement of pretend to die made it worse, but it was already fucked.
>>
File: darksoulskiller.png (955KB, 1183x1200px) Image search: [Google]
darksoulskiller.png
955KB, 1183x1200px
Reminder that this game killed Dark Souls now and forever
>>
How do you get to level 300+ without using the patched living weapon exploit?
>>
>>377769064

Lol at console peasants buying a game every 2 months. I buy a game on Steam about every week.
>>
>>377775835
Endlessly grinding for smithing texts and perfect gear, as well as replaying the game on WotD
>>
>>377758969
So Bloodborne was my first soulsborne game and I loved it, but I'm not too big on dark souls. Would I like this? I keep seeing gameplay that I'm on the fence about. Havent seen anything that gives a hard yay or nay.
>>
>>377770368

You know what? OK you are right, that's what you want to read? You obviously don't understand what's happening outside your own world.
>>
>>377758969
it had a lot of potential
the beta test was amazing, but the full game turned out pretty disappointing
>>
>>377758969
Nothing kills Souls, because From is good at creating a unique convoluted atmosphere filled with dread. Their monster designers and level designers are also lightyears better than the ones Nioh had.
>>
>>377758969
>Souls killer
>Released long after the series is over
Good job, Team Ninja, good job. However...
>>
>>377760230
Oh yeah, but I'm pretty sure that was just one autist spamming the same 3 or 4 webms.
>>
>>377760706
>It's definitely more for the people that want more depth in combat
Don't lie, you fat douche.
>>
>>377776895
Dark Souls is being patient and waiting for the right opportunity to attack.
Bloodborne is being aggressive with initiation to attack.
Nioh is being hyper aggressive with trying to keep long combos to keep up the attack. I'd say it's a lot closer to Blood than Souls
>>
>>377778332
cool, that gives me a better understanding. Yeah I never really liked the waiting to attack feel that dark souls gave up, I run in and attack, I dont wait.
>>
>>377778461
Same here. If you ever did a lot of combos where you switched up the trick weapon's mode back and forth, you'll be right at home in Nioh with their stance changes.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.