[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF Type-0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

Sup /v/,

I just bought this for shits over at Best Buy because it was cheap. What am I in for?
>>
Waiting till it's $10. It's been 20 forever
>>
Moogles with tumblr pro-nouns.
>>
a psp game that is ok but still limited to what the psp could do
>>
I have the pc and psp versions... never played this game tho.
>>
>>377755798
A boring game with shitty and tedious mechanics
>>
A mediocre game.
>>
>>377755798
whats the point of this thread? you bought the game, you have it in your possession right now. does it really matter if the game is shit or not when your gonna play it anyways?
>>
>>377755798
An atrocious port. Should have just emulated the PSP version.
>>
>>377755798
Pretty lame.
>>
>>377755798
I have it wasting away in my backlog at the moment, too. It's probably ass, since it's somewhat modern and has "Final Fantasy" in the title.
>>
About 60 hours of repeatedly asking yourself over and over why on earth they wouldn't bring this game over to the US.
>>
>>377755798
Lame-ass game with better than average combat
>>
>>377755798
every time i see this game on /v/ it almost surprises me that i have it. like honestly, the combat is kinda good, but i don't know why it feels like such a chore to play. i haven't beaten it and i haven't played in forever. i think i stopped after doing that super easy level up trick
>>
>>377757075
It was actually the first decent FF game in years when it came out

I still like it, fun combat and game mechanics overall. Graphics were amazing for a PSP game, obviously they're not impressive at all for the port. Shit story, mostly shit characters with a few good ones. Decent to good replay value depending on how much you're into it, remember it was a PSP game so over half the content is post game basically
>>
sickening motion blur
>>
>>377757429

so a good game?
>>
>>377755798
A damn awesome, criminally underrated gem.
I just couple months ago started playing it for the 1st time on PC, and it blew my mind.

THREE playthroughs and almost 200h later, its perhaps one of my fav FF games now. Very dark, lots of depth, and plenty of surprises. You NEED to replay it!
>>
>>377757818
>Shit story, mostly shit characters
What the fuck are you babbling? The entire Class Zero are some of the most top-notch MCs of the entire FF series, and the story is cool as fuck, though it might go a bit over your head on the first playthrough.

King the best Red Demon.
>>
File: IDt9OR7.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IDt9OR7.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>377755862
it's 5 bucks for PC, if you know where to look from. Can't beat that value.
>>
>>377757842
they reduced it quite a lot via patch on PS4, and you can totally disable it on PC.
>>
>>377759081
I thought class zero itself was great, but they didn't really get development or even screentime outside of optional cutscenes and the main story focused on Rem and Machina, who I hated

What did you like about the story?
>>
>>377755798

A horrifyingly bad game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpZ9kVJqSpQ
>>
>>377759081
Are you 5?
>>
>>377755798
>20 dollars for an HD "remaster" with motion blur so bad the entire game might as well be 240p all the time
>cheap
>>
>>377759193
It's 0 bucks for PC if you know where to look from
>>
>>377759717
Man I love Jamieson Price, but it sucks that he only has once voice.
>>
>>377759712
>I thought class zero itself was great, but they didn't really get development or even screentime outside of optional cutscenes
That's the beauty of Type0 IMO: people who complain about the game being "too short" or "characters too shallow" clearly did not spend time as the different characters in the Academy. Just something as minor as just sitting around can trigger tiny monologues that may shed some light to the cast members. And then there's all that stuff you simply do not see on your 1st playthrough.

>What did you like about the story?
Everything, really.
How brutal and exciting the whole "tech VS magic" wars is, how it's not just "good vs bad" in the end and has some multi-directional politics going on, how there's so much more going on behind the scenes, and how in the end you may even question if you're playing as "good guys" at all...

Obviously the game's also a hot pot of all-things FF fanservice and references, and knowing that the game was meant to be related to the XIII saga, seeing the Novula Crystalis project's leftover bits and pieces be used as legit plotpoints... fascintating stuff.

>>377759759
Nope.
>>
>>377759717
>playing with English dub
pig-fucking-disgusting!
>>
>>377755798
The secret, real Final Fantasy 13 nobody talks about.

It's really mediocre, but at least it isn't awful.
>>
>>377760120
I think Class Zero is fucking terrible, excuse be damned, and the character work in general wasn't very good. The writing was still much more competent than a lot of Final Fantasy titles, though, and a lot of the pivotal moments were well directed.
>>
File: 1490561657121.gif (966KB, 330x216px) Image search: [Google]
1490561657121.gif
966KB, 330x216px
>>377755798
Hug the walls to run faster.
>>
>>377759193
Gonna have to check my sites... But is it worth $5?
>>
>>377761071
Wait, seriously?
Fuck.
>>
>>377760326
I do realize that the Class 0 is full of anime clichees, but that's not a negative on its own. If I had to find a honest complaint, it could be how much good material the game "hides" from people initially. If you never go read that encyclopedia book in the library, you will literally miss entire cutscenes at worst.

>>377760216
>It's really mediocre
as an JRPG and FF game, I'd say Type0 is damn outstanding.
>>
It still boggles my noggle why they ported it. It's a PSP game, not even VIta. And they ported it... not to PS2, not to PS3, but damn PS4.
>>
>>377757805
For me it as the story. I just wanted to get to the mystery about the class and Dr. Al Rashia and I just got some boring military story. I stopped after that one mission where you had to escape from some ground zombies or whatever, I just got so bored. Its a shame because I thought the combat was really fun.
>>
>>377761143
I played it for 185 hours, and done two finished playthroughs. Thinking of doing the third and "platinuming" run in the future.

So if ya ask me, 5 bucks is a crazy bargain. Especially if you like action-RPGs.
>>
>>377760120
Can you give us advice on how to best experience T0 as far as the optional stuff?
>>
>>377761387
Because the west was complaining that they didn't get the game and it sure as hell wasnt an option to release a psp game in 2014 or 2015
>>
>>377761586
>Can you give us advice on how to best experience T0 as far as the optional stuff?
Boy, that's one helluva request...
I'm personally the type of player who loves to dive in as blind as possible and pick up the basics as I play. If I miss something the first time, it's a great excuse to replay the game.

I guess the best protip I can give you is this:
Recognize and accept that you simply CAN NOT do and see EVERYTHING there is on your first playthrough! It's physically impossible. With that in mind, do talk to people, multiple times, each "day". With the time-consuming dialogs ("important" stuff), I'd suggest focusing on the Class Zero first, major side characters second, and totally literal-whos last. Do go read that encyclopedia in the Crystarium once in a while too.

What comes to these extra challenges known as "Expert Trials", I suggest doing those as often as possible. They really flesh out the world and plot at best, and give ya nice EXP and loot too. They're usually a bit above your levels, but I'd say as long as the level-gap is less than 10 lvl in total, they're quite easily doable with right team and skills. Same with optional challenge locations on the world map; if your team's ~level 40, level 50 enemies should only posses a fair challenge, but level 60-70 are out of your league.

What comes to playing the game in general, I really started to enjoy it once I found my "main character" to play as - as in, the character whose playing style fit my tastes the best. That character then pretty much stayed as my Party's "leader", while the other just "accompanied him" in a sense. I then cycled through the entire Class Zero to keep fairly even levels, though my King was some 20+ levels above the average of the rest at best.

Oh, and collect SPPs, Phantoma and Kill Sight-kills, a lot, early on! Those extras you gain from doing so will be delicious, and help you carry your team.
>>
>>377762270
Thanks, thats a pretty comprehensive answer
>>
>>377762270
...adding to that:

-Blizzara BOM is handy and pretty OP.
-Make sure you got some ranged attacks/magic on your people. You tend to need it.
-Dodge skills are important.
-Fuck Protect & Cure, invest in maxing auto-Evade!
-Use that "secret training" mode whenever you're about to stop playing the game. Free EXP and levels for 1 character.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.