[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planescape torment is overrated as hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: planescape-torment[1].jpg (644KB, 1587x2232px) Image search: [Google]
planescape-torment[1].jpg
644KB, 1587x2232px
Why do people claim it as the best rpg of all time,
Arcanum,Gothic 2,Baldurs gate 1 and 2,Temple of Elemental Evil and Fallout 1 and 2 were far better games
>>
They don't claim it's a great game, they claim it's a great story. Everyone agrees that the combat is garbage.
>>
>>377753251
yeah it does have a great story but being 90% text and 10% shit combat does not a good game make.
>>
It's a shit game with an amazing story, and I appreciate it far more watching a Let's Play than pretending that the dialogue options matter.
>>
>>377753335
You're much better off approaching it as an adventure game rather than an RPG. Don't go into it thinking you're going to be getting deep, tactical combat, but rather deep, unique prose and it's much better.
>>
updated my journal
>>
Arcanum is godawful
>>
>>377753251
>combat

To be honest I have more issues with non-combat gameplay.

Having loads of text is one thing. I can even understand wanting to present it as a game instead of a novel, or visual novel, or whatever.

But for fuck's sake, give me something to do. As is, you can close your eyes and blindly click yourself through the game. Worst thing that can happen is that you miss out on some stat bonus or the Modron Maze. But I'd say the latter might actually count more as a positive.

It's just not fun when you don't have to pay attention to anything or figure out anything on your own, because the goddamn game passively does everything for you. Everything can be done just by walking up to all NPCs and exhausting the available dialog options, you wouldn't even have to read them.

Combat is pretty much the only time when you actually have to actively do something.
>>
File: cc9.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cc9.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>377753104
>>
>>377753251
Luckily the game is mostly just running around talking to people. But yeah the areas with trash mobs suck.
>>
>>377753251
No, it got a ton of RPG of the Year, GOTY, and Hall of Fame style awards.

Dialog choices and story are as much a part of gameplay as combat. Don't pretend otherwise.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.