[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other virtual or real pinball fans on /v/? Favorites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Virtual Pinball.jpg (76KB, 310x920px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Pinball.jpg
76KB, 310x920px
Any other virtual or real pinball fans on /v/? Favorites?
>>
I'm a fan of pinball, but I never get to play irl.
I still break out my PS2 now and then for the old Gottlieb and Williams collections. Its something that I wish had a little more exposure, or at least I wish that you could find real machines more often
>>
Pinball Arcade is generally excellent and I'd say is overall the best, though the analog plunger doesn't seem to work too well. I mean it has so many fucking fantastic tables, too many to compete with. They have goddamn Haunted House and Black Knight 2000!

I absolutely hate Zen Pinball, the tables are hideous and the physics are awful, so are the layouts.

As for real pinball it's a tough find, the local bowling alley has Addam's Family on permanent stay and then one more machine that rotates out all the time. even movie theaters don't have pinball anymore, hell only one movie theater arcade around here even has a fighting game.

A personal favorite of mine is Sonic Pinball Party on the GBA. Rather than go for this weird clusterfuck like Sonic Spinball, they just created 3 really good tables with good physics without putting any hugely videogame-y stuff in it.
Both of the Pokemon Pinball games are also masterpieces in their own right.
>>
>>377753116
I know what you mean OP, there aren't many real machines left around me either. Used to be a lot when I was a kid. Mostly these days I play virtual. The Gottlieb and Williams collections were great. Almost all of the tables in them (and a bunch more) are in the Pinball Arcade now since it's made by the same company.
>>
>>377753591
>>377753116

I don't know why I called you OP. I'm OP. Man I'm out of it today.
>>
>>377753489
I'd recommend the third game pictured to you, Zaccaria Pinball. It also uses real tables (Zaccaria was a big player in Italian pinball back in the day) like TPA and in my opinion is also a much better pinball app with better physics than Zen/FX. Although if you don't really like older tables, you might not like it. The Zaccaria pins for the most part aren't as fancy or flashy as 90s/2000s/2010s US stuff.

I also loved the Pokemon Pinball games. Never played Sonic PP. Will look into it.
>>
>>377754150
I'm fine with older tables, I had the Williams and Gottlieb collections for Gamecube.

Also I've got a huge, huge soft spot for the late 70's and early 80's tables that just reused sound hardware and effects from arcade games like Robotron and Defender.
>>
>>377754303
>Also I've got a huge, huge soft spot for the late 70's and early 80's tables that just reused sound hardware and effects from arcade games like Robotron and Defender.

Yeah that was mostly Williams that did that. Sometimes it was pinball taking sounds from video games, sometimes the other way around. It's fun hearing stuff you recognize. It's still impressive how good they managed to get the sound on the NES recreation of Pin*Bot.
>>
As far as real life machines, I'm a huge fan of Attack From Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Jackbot, Haunted House, and Cactus Canyon.

For video game only stuff I just stick to Pokemon and Space Cadet 3D Pinball.
>>
File: pinball.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pinball.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>377756147
I like all of those too. Although Bride does disappoint me a little. I wish it wasn't a one shot game. Some of my favorites are Centaur, Judge Dredd, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Black Hole, Fathom, Theatre of Magic, Gorgar.
>>
>>377757894
>Centaur
a cruel, cruel, cruel game. I don't even know if it was ever meant to be played so much as just meant to eat quarters.
>>
>>377757985
I know, right? But when you get that 5 ball going, man it's fun. I'm a fan of precise shots and drop targets so it's a good game for me. Plus I like the cheesy Heavy Metal feel.
>>
>tfw all the newer pinball machines are licensed stuff with terrible backglass that are just photos of actors

Seriously, I would probably actually like these machines if the backglass wasn't so lazy and shitty looking. I miss you Paul Faris.
>>
File: image-7.jpg (393KB, 1200x1179px) Image search: [Google]
image-7.jpg
393KB, 1200x1179px
>>377758838
This is the only one from the 2010s I can think of that isn't licensed. Except America's Most Haunted, but the art for that is fucking awful.
>>
>>377759286
Didn't know about this one, will have to check it out. I would have figured with the modern political climate you couldn't get away with basing a pinball table entirely on tits but pinball is only paid attention to by middle aged white men.

Also America's Most Haunted is based on either a movie or tv show that's about ghost hunting iirc. And yes, it is without a single doubt in my mind the ugliest pinball table to have ever existed.
>>
>>377759657
Pretty sure AMH isn't licensed from the AMH movie. Spooky Pinball themselves call Rob Zombie their first licensed table, and it came after AMH.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.