[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Valve just give up on the games thing and make comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1181x888px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1181x888px
Should Valve just give up on the games thing and make comics instead?

The Dota and TF2 comics are fucking brilliant, and probably the best example of how to do worldbuilding outside the game.

Blizzard comics fucking suck.
>>
>>377752138
Nobody gives a shit about comics
>>
>>377752592
I do
>>
File: 1260945184079.jpg (138KB, 1100x702px) Image search: [Google]
1260945184079.jpg
138KB, 1100x702px
>>377752138
Blizzard comics looks like a fucking joke. And on top of that they're selling them. I guess fanbase will eat anythinh and ask for more
>>
>>377752138
Valve should give up and die.
They haven't made a game in a fucking decade
The few games they ever have made were all overrated as fuck.
Tf2, portal, and Counter strike are the only good games.
>>
>>377753304
Blizzard are just too by the numbers. It's all so obvious and contrived. Everything they do seems to have been made by a committee decision.
>>
>>377753701

Blasphemy! Heretic! You must be cleansed!
>>
>>377753701
Half life, left4dead, and portal 2 are all so FUCKING OVERATTED it hurts.
Dota is ok, any any other game is a literally who, and I've never heard of them.
>>
Valve should make the TF2 series they were going to make.

Expiration date was supposed to be the pilot.

Also DOTA 2 lore is pretty fucking subtle in the way that everything has a connection.
>>
>>377753997
I really like dota lore and it's a shame they don't do more with it.

No I'm not slacks
>>
>>377753934
L4D2 at least has plenty of replayability, combined with mods it's a timeless fast-paced zombie-shootan for me.

HL and Portal get points mainly for the dialogue and presentation for their time. Enough that I'd still play HL3 even if with the aged graphics.
>>
>>377754212
>dialog and presentaion
portal sure, but HL's dialogue is literally "hey freeman follow me, freeman help me, freeman see if you can find a way around, freeman there you are! hey stop, hold it right there, and stupid civilian chatter about cheese or water. you need to replay HL2 to remember how basic and meh the story was.
>>
>>377753851
What the fuck does Valve go by? Why sounds like a good idea rather than common sense?
>>
>>377754683
It should be a good writer with a personal vision.
>>
>>377752592
I read only manga, manwha, manhua and webtoons. Fuck comics.
>>
>>377754212
L4D is replayable with mods on a PC but without a good group of friends you won't be able to replay it after a few weeks without being completely bored to death.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.