[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14

File: {rey.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
{rey.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
I basically avoided all threads relating to Prey to avoid spoilers, but I did see a few posts here and there, and I got the feeling /v/ didn't like it. Is that true?

I just finished it, and though the plot isn't particularly incredible, the writing was solid and the game was pretty great.

Although the devs clearly had that "muh diversity/multiculturalism" aspect in mind (Letting you choose genders/non-white protag/the only white main character is an antagonist/etc) I didn't see any of the usual tumblr bullshit where it was trying to be malicious about it, meaning it's probably the best I've ever seen it handled as far as video games go.

So, thoughts?

https://www.strawpoll.me/13022231
>>
>>377738329
It was just mediocre, nothing special.

not a bad game just not very good either.
>>
>>377738535
What do you think its flaws are?
>>
>>377738329
I thought that the gameplay was great, and better than any of the Bioshock games (haven't played either System Shock), but that the writing for the characters that actually appear in the game was kind of weak. On the other hand, I really liked what they did with really fleshing out many of the crew members through emails and TranScribes, making Talos feel like a real place. Not a huge fan of the ending though, it seems like they tried to integrate a twist just because other similar games have. Didn't really like how the game got really linear after Dahl shows up. Overall, a pretty solid game. Might try a no needles run
>>
>>377738597
It was just mediocre overall, that;'s pretty much it.

Imagine that all cliche and tropes are lego pieces. You can use them to make your own thing. It can be great thing, not unique ofc due to base materials used, but great, somewhat new.

Or you can end up with something that was done before just sliighty different. A little bit here and there.

that's prey.

You already seen something like that, played something similar and so on
>>
>>377738329
I liked it.

Not as good as the games it was taking ideas from but still a nice game.
>>
>>377738597
>bugs galore
>stupid AI
>rng on how it runs. either it runs good or like shit
>shitty sound design
>cookie cutter skills and abilties that are mostly just percentage increases
>plot is an open book from the beginning
>maybe a little to short

other than that its fine though.
the wold building is great. over the course of the game youll come to know alot of the people that where on the station and what they did, their personality and who they interacted with.
>>
>>377738329
when even Bethesda's insider spoils it and tells people it's mediocre at best trash, month before release, you know it's gonna be shit.
>>
Really solid. Scratches the itch for a shocklike. Final sections were kinda weak.

I see a lot of people here saying "just play SS2 or bioshock!" which is no good when you've plated both to death.
>>
>>377738854
I wouldn't say I outright disliked the ending, but it wasn't really strong either. I thought there was some decent foreshadowing for it though, which helps.

>>377739093
Sound design is one of my biggest issues with it, not even because if the quality itself but because it clearly bugged out a lot, if the sound effects only activated when it was appropriate then it would have been really good.
>>
File: 1477211571092.png (603KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1477211571092.png
603KB, 630x630px
>>377739353
>shocklike
>>
>respawning enemies
>cheesy jump scares
>unimaginative weapons
>copypaste enemy types
>flashlight battery recharges, no need to look for more
>minorities everywhere
>no item durability

And /v/ actually praises this game.
>>
>Anyone trying to act like Bioshock (gameplay) was better than this
>>
>>377738329
Better "Shock" game than Bioshock but worse than System Shock 2.

Interpret that how you will, I'm enjoying it quite a lot.
>>
>>377739536
I've only encountered two jump scares in the entire game.
>>
So why did you choose the ending you did?

I figured if the coral was a network that let them talk to their homeworld or some shit, then they knew where earth was and were going to start sending more of their people over here, meaning we'd need the Talos research more than ever.

I didn't wanna kill January though ;_;
>>
>>377738329
>he only white main character is an antagonist
jesus, fucking relax /pol/
>>
>>377739765
It barely edges Bioshock on gameplay. Prey is let down by enemy design and a retarded AI.

Bioshock does everything else better.
>>
>>377740068
>the /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>377740068
>OP says it was handled well despite that
>F-FUCKING /pol/!!
>>
>protagonist is mixed race
What did the Jews mean by this?
>>
>>377739536
>respawning enemies
Do you really want a game that has you visiting areas multiple times to be completely devoid of enemies after you've cleared it?

>cheesy jump scares
Literally one that's not even mandatory

>unimaginative weapons
GLOO gun and q-beam were great m8

>copypaste enemy types
It's kinda lame that there's so few, but they're not copy-pasted, and they're strong enough on their own to be interesting. Especially when multiple types are involved.

>flashlight battery recharges, no need to look for more
Preference, but the flashlight isn't exactly needed a lot so you'd probably just complain about "pointless flashlight batteries" instead

>minorities everywhere
Go back to /pol
>>
>>377740461
>mixed
Huh? Thought they were full Asian
>>
>>377740535
The mother is German.
>>
>>377740535
Morgan is German/Chinese heritage, born in America.
>>
>>377738329
What? One of the main antagonists is asian. If bait, good job I guess.
>>
>>377740712
That's not what he said.
He said the ONLY main character who's white is an antagonist.
>>
>>377739536
>And /v/ actually praises this game.

Loads of people are shitting on it, what are you talking about?
The opinions in this thread are either "It's bretty gud but flawed, 8/10 get it on sale" or "this game is shit".

What I don't get is why people like you get so riled up that people like a game that you don't. Are you autistic?
>>
>>377740704
absolutely tumblr
>>
>>377741072
I have a Norwegian dad and a Vietnamese mother, and was born in California.

and now live in Sweden
>>
>>377741265
absolutely sjwe cuck
>>
Question.

Why are the ceilings so high? There are so many rooms where the ceiling extends way, way beyond where the lights hang, and most of it is just completely empty space. Why? It's a space station; room area is at a premium, so wasted space such as that is just silly.
>>
Will arkane ever ship a game with NG+ built in from the start? Christ, why do we have to beg for it every time
>>
>>377741683
Wasn't the building revamped several times by multiple companies over the course of 50 years?
>>
got to the telepath and I uninstalled lmao
garbage game
>>
>>377738329
people are super salty about prey getting canned so they hate this from the get-go.
>>
gameplay-wise I think this game was great and I'll do another playthrough soon, it felt very much in the vein of System Shock and classic Deus Ex

writing was good until that after credits scene where it basically retroactively ruins everything you've done because it was all a virtual reality simulation and you're not even Morgan but a Typhon who they tried to make into Morgan or something, it was pants on head retarded and it left a bitter taste, because up until that point the writing was actually pretty decent

>>377738329
the devs clearly had that "muh diversity/multiculturalism" aspect in mind (Letting you choose genders/non-white protag/the only white main character is an antagonist/etc)
until you mentioned that I didn't even notice that. The first Prey literally had a non-white protagonist, and that wasn't SJW-pandering at all, why would it be now
>>
>>377741937
Yeah, it's kind of like the ISS in that it was originally one small structure that's continuously been added to
>>
File: Screenshot_20170331-012857.jpg (351KB, 1439x922px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170331-012857.jpg
351KB, 1439x922px
>mfw first techopath encounter
>>
>>377743092
>They can take over and control your little buddies (turrets)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170504-224329.png (846KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170504-224329.png
846KB, 1920x1080px
>>377743215
>find that out immediately after fortifying a turret
>>
>>377743215
Turrets are so fucking worthless.

>turrets get hit
>flips around 20 times and is now facing the wrong direction
>>
>>377740251
>>377740191
>bringing attention to a non-edisting thing and then saying that it was done properly when it wasn't even an issue
>stop seeing /pol/ everywhere
stop seeing race issues everywhere
>>
>>377743435
I do wish fortifying them made them heavier, but they're far from useless, learn how to position them and outside of extreme examples they can pretty much keep an area typhon free.
>>
>>377740037
I blew Talos up and flew back to Earth in Alex's escape pod because I'm intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humour.
>>
File: gorilla concerned.jpg (134KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla concerned.jpg
134KB, 333x500px
>>377743092
>First time encountering the Telepath
>Mind-controlled humans yelling at you to stay away from them as they search for you
>>
>>377743450
>reee dont discuss this part of the game cause i dont care about it reee
>Everything is pol reee
>>
Is there any benefit to saving mind controlled people aside from that one chick in the green house?
>>
This game and the reception it's getting is very much an illustration why trying to do thing well is mostly a completely futile enterprise. It sad to watch the industry go from "Why don't developers do more interesting things?" to "Bah, I don't care, it's "mediocre" because I say so not enough japanese or big explosions."

Most of the design is absolutely amazing: fantastic level design on par with the golden era games, good enemy design (which sadly most people won't notice because they aren't "Cool-looking" enough), great environmental interactions, tons of neat mechanics that play into the game organically (tracking employees, fully interactive screens, recycling and resource management), great environmental and narrative ques, fun and creative weapons that actually force you to think your way through encounters), interesting A.I. that actually still can surprise you, just great environmental design in general, good progression, TONS of optional shit and small choices, side objectives etc... all fitting into each other. It's very rare to see a game crafted with so much love, ideas and attention to detail.

Most of it is completely lost on today's audience.

It's also very flawed:
There bugs (a lot of them, A.I. bugs all the time, collisions and geometry bugs, the game crashes at times - none of it TOO frequent, but still...)
The reward balancing is fucked. Just too much rewards. I'm sitting on fucking 40 Neuromods refusing to use them because I already feel a little more powerful than I should be. The whole crafting system is great in theory, but A) it gives you TOO much materials, and B) makes all the crafting recipes too common, making no items you find past half game actually feel valuable: you could just craft them easily and cheaply anyway. Too many neuromods make maxing out combat skills and weapon upgrades too easily, removing much of the necessity for clever environmental use of combat.
The story is meh too.

Still, it's great. And underappreciated.
>>
File: IMG_0024_1.jpg (123KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024_1.jpg
123KB, 960x544px
>play PREY
>enjoyed it because it was like Bioshock/Systems Shock
>play Prey
>differences are almost night and day other than the fact that they both take place in space
I think I preferred original Prey just a little more
>>
>>377743862
The achievement/trophy for saving everyone you can. That's it.
>>
>>377743953
How? That thing was an abomination.
>>
So judging by the game's ending showing Earth getting completely Typhonized, it doesn't really matter if you blow up the shuttle headed for Seattle or not, right?
>>
>>377744250
Only matters if you're trying to save everybody/kill everybody in your playthrough
>>
>>377744250
yes, the twist is, that the real Earth was typhonized from the start of the game and the entire game, including the scenario with the shuttle only took place in a simulation so it doesn't change anything
>>
>>377744314
The operators do not have a response for either choice you make. No different from trying to save the already dead guy when daud tries the trauma center ambush.
>>
>>377744250
The game is a sim so nothing you do really matters.

Really my least favorite thing about this game.
>>
>>377743950
>Why don't developers do more interesting things
Because it's not interesting, it doesn't do anything new and is yet another photo-realistic shooter in a sea of photo-realistic shooters.

When we say "Do something interesting" we don't mean "Make the same games over and over again, but with a new IP" we want new and interesting gameplay.
>>
>>377744638
Photo-realistic shooter is far too broad a description for what you're trying to say. Battlefield 1 is a photo-realistic shooter, but it's really nothing like Prey
>>
Did you like the ending twist?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13022691
>>
>>377744638
>Because it's not interesting, it doesn't do anything new
>and is yet another photo-realistic shooter in a sea of photo-realistic shooters.
Except it's actually highly stylized and not a shooter at all. And I think NOTHING can illustrate the problem that I'm talking about here better.

You are sitting here, not even knowing that the fucking game is not a fucking shooter, it does something basically no game has done since System Shock 2 and with quality that nearly lives up to SS2 and yet here we are cunts just whinning.
>>
Great game, ending blew my mind, /v/ is always wrong.
>>
File: remember_me_2.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
remember_me_2.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377744638
And you idiots didn't buy it then either.

Though I don't think thats what he meant by "new and interesting". The point is Prey was a passion project and it shows by the amount of detail put into every e-mail and choice you make (however meaningless). Its obviously not doing well because you, like many, don't notice nor care because novelty trumps everything and Prey is anything but novel, especially 10 years after Bioshock.
>>
>>377738329
Why would you even choose self-destruct? You're not locked out of nullwave until super late in the game, at which point you realize January is just one of SEVERAL operators made by Morgan to serve as a "backup". Why put more trust in January than December? Why is January more important than October? It's not. Which is why going with Alex is the only good choice, because only Alex knows the initial Morgan, and what he would've wanted. I can't see why people dislike Alex. He came across as genuine through the entire game, and it seems like he truly truly loved his sibling.
>>
>>377745072
Is it cracked yet? Because if it isn't, expect shitposting to continue. Same thing happened with Dishonored 2. People that didn't play it flinging shit. Then it got cracked and threads started actually having discussion
>>
File: v_in_a nutshell.jpg (720KB, 1680x1804px) Image search: [Google]
v_in_a nutshell.jpg
720KB, 1680x1804px
>/v/ doesn't like a popular game!

Oh boy, what a surprise. Show me a game where an overwhelming majority of local posters like.
You can literally name any game, and some cunt will tell you that it's shit and your opinion is shit.

I finished the game yesterday. It was great, money and time well spent. Yea, it's not perfect, but I enjoyed it.
I also can see why some people might not like it. It's a fairly unusual mix of game design practices after all.
>>
>>377745376
>October
Holy shit did I miss an entire operator?
>>
>>377745443
It's been cracked for a little over a week now. I pirated it myself, would love to support a game like this but I'm a NEET so I don't really have the option.
>>
>>377745486
Nah, it talked in like one audio log you find on Alex when you finally meet him.
>>
>>377745468
Prey isn't very popular.
>>
>>377745616
There are threads about it all the time for the past week or two.
Yea, it's not on the same level of global popularity as LoL. But if you visit this board a few times a day, you will see people talk about it quite often.
>>
Am I understanding the ending correctly in that it essentially says the events of the whole game is essentially just Alex and the operators trying to teach the Typhon morals/ethics through a simulation created by Morgan's memories?
>>
>>377746151
Yes
>>
>>377738329
>Although the devs clearly had that "muh diversity/multiculturalism" aspect in mind (Letting you choose genders/non-white protag/the only white main character is an antagonist/etc) I didn't see any of the usual tumblr bullshit where it was trying to be malicious about it, meaning it's probably the best I've ever seen it handled as far as video games go.

Jesus fucking christ. The SJW of the right.
>>
>>377746335
Cry more
>>
>>377746151
Yes. Remember when Alex said the typhon dindu nuffin because they don't know any better? Trying to fix that problem.
>>
>>377746404
I don't give a shit about the races of a character in a video game. I'm not a paranoid idiot that think non-whites in a game means an agenda is being pushed.
>>
>>377746023
>There are threads about it all the time for the past week or two.
There has been very little talk about it relatively to how big release and how notable game it actually is. Sure, there is a thread few times a day, but if you compare to what was going on when say, Dishonored 1 came out (and I'm not even talking about games like Nier or Persona), there is very little talk of it. Good half of it being negative. It's pretty damn silent everywhere else too.
>>
NG+ mode when? I want to play with spooky alien powers this time but don't want to lose my other shit.
>>
>>377746151
You missed an audiolog in a remote corner of Psychotronics. Morgan had a theory along with another scientist that its possible to put human connectomes into a Typhon organism. Alex put the project on ice since it wouldn't make money for Transtar. The logs in the simulation are all from bits of morgan's memories of conversations. Its assumed after the invasion, Alex used the theory in desperation, took Morgan's connectome (unclear why) and started uploading them into Typhons. The hope is that the subjects would have Morgan's "empathy" and then somehow use that to stop the invasion since the Typhons cannot solve anything diplomatically otherwise.
>>
>>377738854
I had an opposite feeling, I felt the combat was extremely lackluster, but thought the characters and story were about 7/10. But I am an absolute dicksucker for the Deus Ex series and as such I really appreciate the games very intricate level design.
>>
>>377746416
That was January, I believe.
Also, there was an email with Morgan talking to a researcher about proposing putting mirror neurons in Typhon. Then an audio log where they talk about this with Alex, who shuts down the idea and tells people not to put any effort or resources into this.
>>
>>377746564
There is nothing big nor notable about it. Barely any marketing (maybe a few ESPN commercials) and literally no presence at conventions after E3, not even at PAX.
>>
>>377738329
So considering the ending, can you fuck the typhon?
>>
>>377746647
NG+ came out for Dishonored 2 around a month after the initial release, so I'd say probably early to mid June
>>
File: 1487858381698.png (195KB, 608x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487858381698.png
195KB, 608x414px
>Go hardmode
>Upgraded mimics appear before I get the mobility pack for spacewalks
>Upgraded phantoms appear the moment I get out of the Looking Glass manufacturing
What the fuck man, it's already a bit difficult with the Gloo cannon slowing you down so much and half the time Phantom energy shots continue through when I gloo them before they fire.
>>
I hate people who suddenly act as if your choices didn't matter just because it was a simulation. You're playing a video game so what does it matter? Ending sliders would matter more? The game does a really good job actually tracking the choices you've made throughout the game and everyone is just that his choices weren't on microsoft powerpoint slides saying how you've saved the world but instead were given a commentary by characters saying how they reflected upon your personality.
>>
>>377743950
This, people stopped being creative from having their hand held too often and it's a fucking shame the difficulty scaling was based on mouthbreathers who don't even explore or try to use anything other than firearms because there's a lot of room for creativity in this game but it's not required of you, you get the gloo gun right from the start and then the best weapon an hour later.
>>
>>377739536
>And /v/ actually praises this game.
/v/ has been shitting on this game for a long time, either because Bethesda or because it's not like the original Prey 2 or for any other flaw that the game has, and dismissing anything good in the entire game by saying SS2 or other games did it first. I got accused of being a shill in every single thread, multiple times. I'm glad that FINALLY there are more people that see it's good
>>
>>377747626
I don't understand the people who use the Bethesda criticism. The game wasn't even made by Bethesda, just published by them
>>
The only people I've seen that absolutely gate it are people on /v/ who didn't pay attention to the story for the entire length of the game and thought the ending was either a surprise twist or shoe horned in despite being telegraphed from minute one.
>>
>>377738865
>Doesn't say anything relating to the game in detail
Nice try faggot, how about actually playing it before giving your opinion.
>>
>>377748161
By the flashbacks/visions alone you should be able to at least suspect that everything is not as it seems
>>
hey kd, fuck you
>>
>>377738329
nu/v/ doesn't understand the difference between a publisher and a developer and hate anything with "Bethesda" written on it.

Dishonored 1 & 2, Prey, DOOM, Wolfenstein: TNO, all decent to good games, all hated.

It was a good game, not a mediocre one, not a great one but not a lot of games are "good" these days. It was better than Bioshock, not as good as System Shock 2
>>
>>377738329
Why are people still shilling this flop?
>>
>>377748617
I urge you to at least play the demo before you shit on the game. You might like it
>>
Played it and liked it. Overall I'd put it above the Bioshock games (not by a huge amount), and below the System Shock games.

I really liked how much mobility you could have. Being able to climb up ledges and all felt good. Made exploration and combat more fun. Zero-G was cool for exploration, but it made combat fairly meh.

Game didn't feel particularly difficult at any point (played on hard), but once you can start printing your own neuromods any challenge that was there is gone. Still had fun stopping time and annihilating everything. Went with mostly human upgrades my first time through, only Typhon powers I messed with were Kinetic Blast and the Mimic skill.

I enjoyed the characters. Especially everyone playing the Arx Fatalis tabletop game. That was a fun thread to follow, and the chipset reward at the end was pretty cool.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Dahl section. Once he shows up there's no reason to do anything but sprint past everything to each objective.

Twist ending was fine. Didn't really add or detract from the game, the story wasn't anything amazing to begin with, but it was serviceable.
>>
>>377748814
>demo
>>
Definitely one of the best game I've played in years, 9/10 at the least.

/v/ kiddies without any history/context/taste and contrarians can fuck off
>>
>>377749489
Have you only played Telltale shit?
>>
The ending made the entire story irrelevant

I hated it
>>
>>377749729
No but he very clearly only plays western shit. prey is good but best game in years? lmaooooooooooooo
>>
>>377749225
I outright hated the Dahl section. Fighting the military operators was just tedious
>>
>>377749729
I've probably beat more games than you've heard of kiddo.

But no, all the Bioshocks, System Shocks, Dishonored, and basically all the rest of the RPGs/Shooters/Strategy/Sim/Console & PC of note of the past three decades.

And yeah, the Telltale Games too.

What your favourite game of the past year, shitbird?
>>
>>377749996
They're really fucking easy with Morph 3 or Hacking 4. A single EMP turns any number of them into allies.

God forbid the game make talent choices matter.
>>
>>377738329
It has everything there to be good but the difficulty brings it down. If they ever add hardcore mode I think the game will be improved a lot
>>
>>377738329
/v/ is just too young to have played system shock 1 and would instead rather get mad that it has the same name as a cancelled generic shooter
>>
>>377750156
Pretty sure they are patching in a survival mode that adds shit like hunger and oxygen management.
>>
>>377749937
I said one of the best, and no, I've played a shitload of japanese shit too.

And if you think Kojima's latest hackery, or edgy jungian high school simulator #5 are better than western games, you're just another weeb retard without context and you've probably never read a book in your life. But this is /v/ so that's a given.
>>
>>377739536
>>cheesy jump scares
Are people really going into this thinking its supposed to be a horror game?
>>
>>377750132
>trying to grandstand on the internet

Sad!
>>
>>377750263
I've read that as well. Feels odd that they didn't bother to remove the unique carry prompt for the O2 Canisters seeing as they have no use beyond makeshift grenades
>>
>>377738329
It isn't Prey 2. It literally has nothing in common with Prey 1. And Bethesda released it too early with game crashing/erasing bugs. The twist is predictable, the guns and melee combat are garbage, and the sound cues fucking ruin the tension. Okay puzzles though.
>>
>>377750393
Has it ever claimed to be Prey 2?
>>
>>377738329
>/v/ didn't like it
>Bethesda published

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
>>
>>377750393
The bugs were patched out within week one of release, though I do agree that they're inexcusable. And no shit it isn't Prey 2, the title of the game is just "Prey", and if you watched any of the trailers/gameplay footage it's pretty clear that it's a very different game from Prey '06.
>>
>>377750356
>accuse someone of only playing telltale games
>give honest answer
>look at this anonymous guy grandstanding even though that makes zero sense
>>
File: 1491613091772.png (282KB, 897x548px) Image search: [Google]
1491613091772.png
282KB, 897x548px
>>377750345
You right now
>>
>>377750393
>implying prey 2 had anything to do with prey 1
>implying anyone cared about the original prey
>implying a name matters
>>
It is quite gud and easily the best Looking Glass style game out of the post 2005 crop.
Compared to SS2, it's less survival horror focused on resource management, and more about open-ended exploration of an interconnected world.

RPG elements and atmosphere are weaker than SS2, but level-design is as good or better, and the space station in Prey is a much better realized and believable setting overall. Combat and enemy design is better in Prey as well, though that's a necessity given that it abandons the survival horror elements and has no excuse left to be a clunky wrench-melee game.

Both games are well-written and make excellent use of audiologs, and while Prey lacks the memorable antagonists of SS2, it does a better job of fleshing out its side characters. There's no Shodan-reveal twist in Prey surprisingly - there's one after the credits, but it's more like a bit of cute meta-commentary rather than anything substantial.

Where Prey definitely drops the ball is the audio - music is often ill-fitting, scary sounds play for no apparent reason, and the mixing is incredibly bad for such a high-budget game. Volume levels of dialogue and sound effects don't reflect the source's distance from the player at all, and it's impossible to track enemies based on sound alone.

Overall though, I'd say it's worth playing, has some annoying signs of consolization, but also a lot of nice attention to detail and it actually improves upon SS2 in various ways, much unlike Bioshock which was straight up dumbing down with a nice coat of paint on top.
>>
>>377750520
>The bugs were patched out within week one of release
Wrong. Just last night I got that bug that makes every npc hostile towards you after trying to meet Dr. Igwe in your office.
>>
>>377750563
>accuse someone of being a illiterate plebeian weeb
>they post some nonsensical manga garbage in response

wow, you sure told me
>>
>>377750594
Just out of curiosity, what are the signs of consolization?
>>
>>377750679
I stand corrected. I read that there was a patch released and I just assumed that it fixed all the major bugs. My apologies
>>
File: 1478736455642.jpg (111KB, 1240x1309px) Image search: [Google]
1478736455642.jpg
111KB, 1240x1309px
>>377750747
>he's still going
Top lol
>>
>>377750837
this is from the guy that has basically posted the equivalent of "lol ur wrong" three times now

kys or go back, one or the other
>>
I like it but

>ok go here to do thing
>oh wait a minute you have to go [area on the other side of the station] to get the key to open the door first :^)
>also all the enemies respawned

reee fucking stop
>>
File: 1423875554395.jpg (100KB, 387x580px) Image search: [Google]
1423875554395.jpg
100KB, 387x580px
>>377750964
>unironically says kys
>tells others to go back
lmfaoooooooooo you're a riot
>>
>>377750756
Weapon wheel when scrolling (hate this shit), melee is one-directional as opposed to Dark Messiah for exemple, fonts are huge, etc.
Not that bad compared to other multiplat games but it's there.
>>
I saw some thread on reddit where some guy said that he had played for 20 hours and hadn't even left the lobby yet. How in the fuck is that possible?
>>
>>377751173
>Enter the lobby
>Find a safe spot (your office)
>get out of your chair and go watch tv and shit
>Come back the next morning
>>
It'd be better if the loading screens didn't take so damn long.
>>
File: 1492189872622.jpg (127KB, 722x832px) Image search: [Google]
1492189872622.jpg
127KB, 722x832px
>>377751147
holy fuck dude... take your meds
>>
>>377750594
>Where Prey definitely drops the ball is the audio - music is often ill-fitting, scary sounds play for no apparent reason, and the mixing is incredibly bad for such a high-budget game. Volume levels of dialogue and sound effects don't reflect the source's distance from the player at all, and it's impossible to track enemies based on sound alone.
This is by far the worst thing in the game for me, it's extremely bad. Even after clearing the whole area out, loud noises and spooky ambient sounds are still playing and it triggers me pretty hard. And then the fucking flashbacks which are 100 times louder than the rest of the game, or the effects which are 50 times louder than voices... It's so bad
>>
>>377751365
>not playing on an SSD

sorry for u
>>
I actually like the gameplay (Fully upgraded shotgun with psychoshock on nightmare difficulty feels pretty badass), but I've hit the fucking crash and save corrupt bugs 4 times now. I've reached the power plant and it's tiresome already to fix them by reloading earlier saves and hope that .level file generates properly.

Does anyone have any advice aside from waiting for a new patch?
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.