[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was skeptical at first, but literally everyone who's played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I was skeptical at first, but literally everyone who's played this game admits they love it.
Calling it now, 84 on Metacritic, pre-orders will start pouring in after Global Testpunch.
>>
>>377737156
I like how every single preview I've read or watched even by big sites mentions how in love they were with the motion controls. How they're NOT just wagglan or waving your arms around at all.

I think Nintendo really hit the nail on the head with the controls in this game.
>>
>>377737312
And every other game they made.
>>
>>377737156
Unlike that overmemed and overhyped trash that is Shit in the Wild this looks like a game deserving more than just 84.
>>
>>377737312
Yeah the motion controls are either going to make or break this game. I'm worried people wont give it a chance post-Wii, but this is the fighting game we wanted on Wii but never got.
>>
>>377737156

Metacritic is irrelevant

Splatoon got 81
>>
I'm hoping it does really well, Splatoon's success showed Nintendo they could experiment with new IPs in genres they don't typically make and be successful. I figure if this one does well enough that experimentation will continue.
>>
>>377737508
I think that's a fair score. The single player is really basic and there are some big problems with the way online is setup.
>>
>>377737156
I can see it scoring higher. I think critics love these type of games and they haven't played a game like this for a long time.
>>
People better enjoy it. It's the reason we got MK8D instead of MK9.
>>
>>377737632
Yeah I desperately what a new generation of Nintendo IP's like Splatoon and ARMs.
The last time we got a big push of new IPs was like... GameCube with Chibi Robo, Pikmin and Fire Emblem in the US.
>>
>>377737736
MK9 wouldn't have been any better than MK8D. This is the peak of Mario Kart you can make happen on the Switch.
>>
>>377737709
Splatoon is flawless like all Nintendo games. 81 is far too low. It revitalized the shooter genre.
>>
>>377737946
No voice-chat, only one ranked mode at a time, and having to wait 4 hours for a map change all weighed it down.
I'd give it like an 89 or a 92 but 81 is reasonable.
>>
>>377737508

It released with barely any content

Arms will be more justified since it actually has it's variery of Modes and will still be updated with more content just like it
>>
but no single player
>>
>>377738172
It got low reviews due to the lack of content on launch most likely.
Shame they didn't go for something like MK8's map selection in Splat2n though.
>>
File: 1442632288115.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1442632288115.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>377737393
>And every other game they made.
>>
>>377738586
I wonder what score Splatoon would have gotten had it released with all of the stuff it got down the line

Either way I expect Spla2n to get a higher score
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.