[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this game when Ike can solo it from start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: gamecube.png (2MB, 1144x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gamecube.png
2MB, 1144x1600px
Why do people like this game when Ike can solo it from start to finish? It's inferior to Radiant Dawn in every way.
>>
PoR has a better story that doesn't drag on forever with a reasonable size list of characters and introduced (or reintroduced in some cases for Japan) concepts such as a skill list and forging weapons.

RD goes on for too long with the first in a series of awfully written FE games. The large cast hurts itself because the best characters in the game can solo whole sections by themselves while others join too low level and/or too late to have any time to be useful, unless you're on Easy mode AND you baby them. The large cast also forced them to make bland supports, which made characters not important to the immediate plot even more bland and less interesting than in other games.

As for RD being harder, Hard mode RD is just spiteful in some aspects. Not being able to see any movement is something no other game has done because it is a stupid idea. The lack of weapon triangle is cool, but becomes as meaningless as the weapon triangle by the end of the game, so I don't really care about that. Really, the issue is that Hard Mode makes the DB chapters harder, but does nothing to stop the GM power team.

Also, tier 3 classes were as unnecessarily powerful as some Laguz Royals, but at least you had to work to get tier 3.

There are worse FE games, but that is why I dislike RD and enjoy PoR.
>>
>>377735985
It's the best written one.
>>
>>377737676
>>377738167
>PoR Story
>Good

It's furry acceptance propaganda slapped on top of the usual MUH EVIL GUY IS DOIN EVIL STUFF plot.
>>
>>377737676
>unless you're on Easy mode AND you baby them.
I dunno, I can do the babying on any route. There's plenty of easy methods to do so.
>>
>>377737676
>RD goes on for too long with the first in a series of awfully written FE games

The writing in this series has never been good.
>>
RD's pacing, poorly written plot and overabundance of units really hindered my enjoyment of it. Still a decent FE but I don't feel the urge to replay it unlike PoR.
>>
>>377738683
but it hasn't been bad. FE4 - FE9 has stories that are passable. Starting with FE10, they turn into garbage.
>>
>>377738371
Both the Laguz and Daein were shown with having shitty people and good people.
>>
>>377738928
Furries are sub-human trash that do not belong in the presence of real humans.
>>
>>377738918
4, 6, 7, and 8 are all terrible.
>>
>>377738371
Dude shut up, Ike's story through PoR to RD is the best in the series. Nintendo's best character by far.
>>
>>377740248
It's trash and you're trash.
>>
File: 1457888566597.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1457888566597.gif
2MB, 300x225px
When did FE /v/ end up becoming worse than FF /v/?

I swear faggots like this

>>377739039
>>377740374

were a rarity rather than the standard.
>>
>>377741213
FE threads post-Awakening are disasters now
>>
>>377741213
>U DON'T LIKE TRITE ANIME STORIES? WELL FUCK OFF FAGGOT!!!!!!!

Yeah man, everyone should just suck the series's dick instead of acknowledging legitimate flaws.
>>
>>377741213
you're trash
>>
>>377741370
>Yeah man, everyone should just suck the series's dick instead of acknowledging legitimate flaws.
You didn't even name any you dumb generalizing faggot. Nobody is even saying they're good or the pinnacle of writing, just passable. And that's good enough.
>>
>>377741870
But they aren't passable.
>>
>>377741589
take your pussyass banter to the platform shitposting threads dumb cunt
>>
>>377742040
Then explain why. Otherwise you're just another contrarian faggot too stupid to form your own opinion.
>>
>>377735985
cause in Radiant Dawn, Ike can only solo it in half of the chapters
>>
>>377735985
I actually agree that Radiant Dawn is way better, but I still find Path of Radiance to be fun. I like the characters and general item management more in PoR and the simple maps are pleasant to breeze through.
>>
>>377742304
Overly cliche.
Re-uses the same ideas and themes to the point of nausea.
80% of the cast in each game is irrelevant and could be replaced with generic soldiers.
Little to no character development.

Probably applies to 5 too but never played that one.
>>
>>377735985
It does some nice stuff with the story where it defies convention in spite of mediocre writing and has plenty of solid memorable units
>>
>>377741213
It is partially blow back from Awakening selling like hot cakes, but being panned by a sizable portion of the old fan base. Fire Emblem has never been God's gift to turned based strategy games, but was always solid. So you have these new people coming into the series for new reasons and when they try out the older games they aren't as impressed because they don't have the things they want.
>>
>>377735985
it's not exactly very easy to solo with Ike on higher difficulties. I don't remember if you can even do it on Maniac. It's basically a 3D FE on the level of quality as the GBA fire emblems. Pretty simple and nothing particularly bad about it. That's probably why a lot of people considered it one of the best before Fates. I find it funny how the fandom changed with 14, no longer is RD and PoR held up on such a high pedestal anymore.
>>
>>377738683
I have to disagree. 4's was fantastic for its time. While the writing never improved as time passed compared to its contemporaries, the series still had passable entries. So much so that I'd say 7 sticks out as being genuinely good in some areas.

I will say that while I loved the series as a teenager, I've really come to dislike it as an adult. Whether that's me growing up or the series degenerating is hard to tell.
>>
>>377743103
>shits on someone for not providing any reasons for an opinion
>counters with "i disagree"

The hypocrisy is palpable.
>>
>>377741589
Heh, you made a real mistake saying that to me kid. I'll give you one chance to take back what you said. Or...
>>
>>377743216
I didn't shit on anyone. You're confusing me with somebody else. Though I do agree with the other guy, in that while the series doesn't have much in the way of writing they're far above a lot of the dregs that make up the JRPG genre. I think it's just gotten worse because they've kept the same exact routine for decades.
>>
>>377742589
>generic is bad
The whole point of the story in FE is to serve as a tool for giving context to battles. The stories in most FE games do this, which makes it passable, not bad.

>>377743216
That's not even me you dumb nigger.
>>
>>377744038
>The whole point of the story in FE is to serve as a tool for giving context to battles. The stories in most FE games do this, which makes it passable, not bad.

Then I guess each game has a passable plot. :^)
>>
File: 71-RFEP01-442.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
71-RFEP01-442.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
>>377744363
Except there are plenty of occasions where the story, instead of providing context for battles, ended up dictating these battles. And making them complete shit wastes of time.
>>
>>377746091
Name 10 from each game.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.