[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1491762354527.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491762354527.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>nintendo
>>
Wait a minute, that card...
>>
>has
>>
File: If only Jumpman could jump.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
If only Jumpman could jump.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>intelligent systems
>>
>>377732217
Was this added in HD or something?
>>
>>377732217
Why has no one grabbed a non-Coban version of this?
>>
>>377735763
Whats wrong witg coban man?
>>
>>377735383
Nope. OP is actually right, Zelda games have increasingly held you hand like this ever since ALttP. Thing is the greater direction in ALttP compared to the original LoZ is probably a good thing. The first game doesn't tell you shit. So at one point they actually needed to get better about indicating where to go and giving hints for puzzles. OoT was when it started to go sour in leading the player a little too much (for example first game where they highlight things that are important in the text boxes).

By WW they fully expected that children needed to be walked through everything.
>>
>>377733321
It amazes me that people defend this shit game.
>>
>>377735383
Yes
>>
>>377736326
Well I was a child when I played Wind Waker so I didn't mind.
>>
File: 1420023448017.png (392KB, 460x422px) Image search: [Google]
1420023448017.png
392KB, 460x422px
>>377736326
>a game for kids has hand holding
Who woulda thunk it?
>>
Does botw hand hold you?
>>
>>377732217
I still don't get what's wrong with this?
>>
>>377736326
wtf OoT is cryptic as shit and you need a fucking guide to "enjoy" it.
>>
>>377736760
Except it's odd to hold that point of view when it's franchise over a decade old. Clearly a lot of people playing it are no longer children. Clearly Nintendo agrees because plenty of puzzles in BotW give 0 hints.

>>377736715
I love WW but that doesn't mean it's not too easy. Really, as I said, most Zelda games after ALttP were a little too easy. It's odd to make a series get easier as it goes on and the people playing it are probably getting better and more observant.
>>
The game is made for everyone including kids who can't even read English hence the highlights.
>>
>>377736931
>Memorize the number of flames on these chandileres. they are the answer to a puzzle ahead!
>Just incase you have the memory of a retarded goldfish we are going to show you the correct order in the puzzle room itself!
>>
>>377737096
A game doesn't have to be hard to be good. Kirby games are fun even though they are very easy. I look at Wind Waker the same way. Its a fun, easy going game, so an easy difficulty suits it. It's not like any Zelda is actually hard enough to challenge me anyway. Except for Zelda 2.
>>
>>377737084
OoT is all over the place in that regard. That's why I said it's when i started to sour.

First of all though, I disagree "you need a guide to enjoy it". Dude I beat it without a guide, including most side quests, when I was in middle school. It's really not that hard you just have to actively explore rather than being told where to go constantly. God forbid!

The point I was making though is that it's when they started doing things like highlighting stuff in textboxs. An example I already gave you so maybe if you were gonna disagree with my point maybe actually address the example I made. Or give one yourself. Ya know, try substantiating your point in ANYWAY if you want more of a response than "No it's not that hard".
>>
>>377737386

It's not a puzzle though
It's how you leave
>>
>>377737453
>A game doesn't have to be hard to be good.
How do you figure?
>Kirby games are fun even though they are very easy.
That's not evidence that a game doesn't need challenge especially since you can die in Kirby and some of them are not easy. Actually though, I stopped buying Kirby games for exactly that reason. You're pretty full of shit or have only played modern Kirby. Amazing mirror is gigantic maze. Unless you use a guide (which I never do because I like to PLAY games) it takes forever to navigate that massive well designed, giant singular level. Sorry a game where there are tons of hard to find areas both secret and not is not easy. Some of the bosses might be but even then I remember dying to tons of Kirby 64 bosses. Your example isn't very good since you named a massive series whose entries' difficulties are all over the place and to be clear I don't like the really easy Kirby games with linear levels and 0 exploration. They are boring for exactly that reason.
>>
File: 1478388881627.jpg (5KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
1478388881627.jpg
5KB, 121x125px
>>377737084

Nigger I finished it as a kid without any kind of help in my 3rd world shithole without internet or guides and without knowing english, and the game wasn't even translated to my language

How retarded can you possibly be holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>377737084
I know this is shocking but some people actually PLAY a game when they get it. Ya know, they talk to all the NPCs, check every corner of the map, explore every possible secret interaction of items and the environment. Seriously dude, how the fuck do you think people like me beat ALttP back then? There weren't guides motherfucker. Maybe if you got Nintendo Power but I didn't know a single kid with a SNES who did. Do you think people just didn't beat games?

Dude you need to do something. Next time your playing a game and you feel compelled to look something up, look at a guide, watch a tutorial video, etc. Do me a favor: don't. Just actually for once in your life try to succeed on the merits of your intelligence and logic and see how much better it feels. Instead of ending every puzzle in a video game by saying "How was I supposed to know that!" you'll find you frequently instead say "Yes I figured it out!"

Which sounds more enjoyable to you?
>>
>>377737903
>How do you figure?
Sometimes I don't really want a challenge. I want something simple. I mean there's a lot more that goes into a game than mechanical complexity. Wind Waker does a lot of those things right.

>Your example isn't very good
Well maybe but they invoke the same feeling. It's generally a series about fun over challenge and I'm okay with that.
>>
>>377737976
>saves the thumbnail
>>
>>377732217
funny thing is, people will still say that wind waker is better than twilight princess.
>>
>>377738921
>Sometimes I don't really want a challenge. I want something simple. I mean there's a lot more that goes into a game than mechanical complexity. Wind Waker does a lot of those things right.
I agree with pretty much everything you said here except for one thing. When I look at a game I look at what it's trying to accomplish. If you include puzzles in your game you are trying to challenge the player mentally and if the puzzles don't do that you failed. If you notice I said in an earlier post I love WW and you are correct I love it for the thing sit does right outside of the challenge. None of that excuses the poor puzzles though. They are still piss easy poor puzzles. A game's positives do not make its negatives nonexistent and you are arguing from a perspective that it does.

>Well maybe but they invoke the same feeling. It's generally a series about fun over challenge and I'm okay with that.
I still don't agree with this. Modern Kirby sucks and I get no fun from it. Really dude, in discussion like this never fall back on "it's fun". You should be able to substantiate WHY it's fun and you are struggling to do that for Kirby which is why it's a bad example. I don't doubt you have your reasons but you are having trouble articulating them.

The sentence you posted above did a lot more to get me to understand where you are coming from because I enjoy RPGs, both video games and TTRPGs. So I understand the concept of playing a game for reasons other than a challenge, I just don't Kirby provides any of those things and just to reiterate I feel WW has an obligation to be challenging because it includes what are clearly intended to be challenges that fail at being challenging.
>>
>>377739686
>None of that excuses the poor puzzles
Yeah not going to defend the puzzles too hard. But I've never liked Zelda puzzles very much to begin with. Always felt like a variation of hitting an elaborate switch or doing some overly specific task. Doesn't feel natural when you compare it to puzzles in proper puzzle game. But I will say that the puzzle in the OP made me feel smart as a kid. Maybe it wasn't giving a proper challenge but I feel it should count for something.

>Modern Kirby sucks and I get no fun from it
Wasn't really talking about modern Kirby. But I feel like this example is just a distraction now.
>>
File: 1495286656300.gif (508KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495286656300.gif
508KB, 480x360px
>someone thought this was a good idea
>>
>>377736614
No moron, it's in both
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.