[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind vs Gothic 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: Morrowind vs Gothic 2.jpg (585KB, 1276x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind vs Gothic 2.jpg
585KB, 1276x1440px
Which one is the ultimate king of all open world RPGs?
>>
>>377727381

Morrowind.
>>
Gothic 2 by all means
>>
What was the question again?
>>
>>377727381
Next up, LoL vs DotA, which is the true ultimate king of assfaggots?
>>
>>377727381
Let's say I played Morrowind and enjoyed it immensely despite its age. Is Gothic 2 worth getting? Would I have to find the first one to enjoy it?
>>
Skryim
>>
>>377727489
>>377727662
>>377727864

Glad we could come to a decisive conclusion
>>
Gothic 2 is obtuse, boring and ugly
>>
Daggerfall
>>
>>377728474
just like you, should be a perfect fit!
>>
Gothic 2 because it's made by intelligent German developers while Morrowind was made by brain dead Americans.
>>
File: 1492378370870.png (73KB, 311x304px) Image search: [Google]
1492378370870.png
73KB, 311x304px
>going back to Valley of Mines
>mfw the entire orc army starts chasing me
10/10 would play again
>>
File: 1427995704118.jpg (37KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.jpg
37KB, 600x610px
>>377728826

Say that to my face bitch
>>
>play Gothic back in the day
>see Crawlers
>shit my pants
>play Gothic 2
>see Pursuers
>shit my pants again
>play Gothic 3
>feel the joy and wonders of exploring the unknown
I miss those simpler times
>>
Neither of these can compare to Sonic Adventure DX. Clearly the best open world experience.
>>
Gothic is even a better sandbox
>>
Gothic 2

>hand-crafted open world with content everywhere and hidden stuff behind every rock
>better and more complex side quests
>more challenging combat
>Animated NPCs with daily routines
>Fully voiced
>Better character progression
>Better music
>Better world design
>More comfy
>More immersion
>Funny and memorable NPCs
>Memorable main character

Morrowind

>character customization
>more variety of builds
>better main story
>unique lore
>more freedom
>>
After playing Gothic 2 you realize how empty and dull morrowind is
>>
>>377728186
>Would I have to find the first one to enjoy it?
No, but 2 is hard as fuck so you will get raped by everything until you learn how the combat works
>>
File: aaa.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
Is it time to discuss the greatest RPG ever made?
>>
>>377727381
neither. witcher 3 with hearts of stone expanision is superior overall.
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>377730950
>>
Gothic 2 has actual role-playing, you chose a path and everything is determined by it: your fighting style, your stats, your approach to solving quests, the reaction of NPCs to your character. In Morrowind you have no borders whatsoever, you can max out every single stat, you can be equally proficient in swords, stealth, and magic and you can be a head of every single faction, and no matter what you do, NPCs will have exact same reaction to you.
Also Morrowind has crap exploration, you go into generic dungeon that looks like every other, beat generic monsters you can find anywhere, and get a generic piece of equipment with generic enchantment. Exploration in Gothic takes you to unique and beautiful (at least as beautiful as the engine allowed) places and find special loot, completely unlike anything else you may find, buy, or craft.
>>
>>377731186
good post
>>
>>377729769
Good post. When looking objectively, Gothic 2 with NotR is as close to perfect open world WRPG as we are ever going to get.

Personally though? I will allways rate Morrowind higher because no other game has ever made me feel the same way. That world and its lore is so incredibly well crafted and perfectly captures the feeling of being stranger in a strange land.
>>
>>377727381
Why is it that Gothic 2 started getting shilled like crazy in the last 6 months or so?
>>
>>377731616
Because it is The Greatest Game Ever Made. Just look at this atmosphere! So much better than any other game I have ever seen!
>>
>>377727381
I loved both but if i had to choose i´d go with Morrowind becouse mods.
>>
>>377731893
This shit has to be modded, right?
>>
>>377731616
And good that it did. Morrowind has been 'shilled' here for almost 13 years already.
>>
Witcher 3.
>>
Morrowind is trash like the other Bethesda shitheaps, never tried Gothic games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
>>377732114
>>377731893
I mean, it looks like it might be a nice world to explore, I'm not opposed to threads about it. I just don't understand why anyone ever started talking about it, except maybe that one guy just repeatedly kept posting the same thread and hoped it would catch on.
>>
>>377732323
Thanks for taking part in the discussion! You truly are an exemplary contributor of this thread, i applaud you.
>>
>>377727381

Gothic 2 is legitimately the best.
>>
>>377732457
I don't think Bethesda do anything particularly well, the combat of their games is always terrible, the writing is nothing special, same for the quests, the art style is also dull. You don't build your character since you can max everything.

I could lie to you that I thought Morrowind was the best RPG ever made if that's going to make you sleep better at night.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2iAX-5CWI
>>
>>377733280
>that pic
ah yeah that settles it

what's the best way to play Gothic 2
>>
>>377727381
Skyrim duh
>>
Gothic 2 and it's not even fucking close.
Morrowind belong to maybe top 50 RPGs, G2 is in firm top 5
>>
>>377733706
install DX11 mod
>>
>>
>>377732353
>starts talking about Morrowind
>Gothic music is playing
>>
>>377727381
I've never heard of that gothic game. Looks shit judging by some videos.
>>
>>
>Gothic 2
>fully voiced NPCs that animate during dialogues

>Morroshit
>literally static models with article dumps full of actual fucking hyperlinks

Only Bethcuck could accept that and be thankful
>>
File: 45.jpg (15KB, 191x214px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
15KB, 191x214px
Never before or after have I seen a game where if you act like a sarcastic piece of shit like in most fantasy games, you'll just get murdered in like 10 minutes into the game, very immersive.

>Gothic 1
>Enter old camp
>Guy approaches you for protection money
>Yea whatever
>Fast forward a bit
>Asked to help by an NPC
>Cool a quest
>NPC leads you to quest location
>3 Dudes there
>NPC and the 3 dudes fuck you up
>Beaten unconscious
>Steal your shit too
>Get fucked <player>, better pay protection money now

>my fucking face when
>>
>>377734503
your life is shit judging by your post
>>
>>377735690
Idem
>>
Thieves guild in Gothic

>no one knows about them
>the people who know about them won't tell you anything about it
>have to gain people's trust
>if you piss them off they send an assassin after you
>after finding out who they are and where their base is you can either join them after passing a bunch of tests or rat them out to the guards and have them completely wiped out

Thieves guild in Morrowind

>"THIEVES GUILD OVER HERE COME BE A MEMBER TODAY!!!!!1111
>"Hi I want to join ur thieves guild"
>"OK. Welcome"
>>
Hey friends.

I am new to Morrowind, what should I know? Leveling, I've heard, is gimmicky?
>>
>>377736283
>Morrowind
>part of a revived sacred old organization that steals from the unjust to bring righteousness to those in need
>get to steal with hands on fire to announce their sacred works are returning
yeah you didn't play morrowind, much less play the Molag Amur/Twin Lamps
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.