[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenosaga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: fcf0dd812d05b696cf48f55d31328c44.jpg (682KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fcf0dd812d05b696cf48f55d31328c44.jpg
682KB, 1280x1024px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 81G0BZ-AakL._SX425_.jpg (52KB, 425x379px) Image search: [Google]
81G0BZ-AakL._SX425_.jpg
52KB, 425x379px
>>377727038
Xenosaga II and III were handed over to another team instead of Takahashi's. Also what went wrong was that you didn't play the DS remake
>>
good question. i thought the combat was boring.
>>
Namco fuckery

It's a miracle xs3 is as good as it is
>>
>>377727198
Is it really that different? Also is there a fan translation or something?
>>
>>377727198
This.

>>377727038
Too ambitious for this world. It was originally planned to be SIX episodes. Fucking six episodes from the start, in a time when even really popular stuff often fails to even get a trilogy! Crazy ridiculous. 1st one also had that weird key style, making it more niche even. They didn't perfect it until 3rd. At any rate though series basically got jerked around in a totally different way part way through episode 2 and original people were forced out and management decided it needed to be wrapped up in 3 in a different way.

Too bad really, I enjoyed the first despite its art style, 2nd was actually still reasonably fun but the rough edges and unfinished/rushed/hacked in bits were pretty clear. I'd have liked to see what original team would have done with 6 eps. But realistically speaking that was pretty crazy non-commercially viable.
>>
on the plus side i learned a new word from playing the third game. i literally cant remember anything else from it.
>>
>>377727038
Japan's obsession with the Book of Enoch to make their "deep" plotlines.

Namco was right to trim down the planned lunacy of 6 games to 3 games, it shows how little people cared for the Gnostic references when the most remembered thing about the Xenosaga series are the robo waifus.
>>
File: 51Y+Y3FawWL.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
51Y+Y3FawWL.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>377727664
Let's do this:
>first episode only in Shion's point of view
>second episode entirely rewritten to suit Takahashi's vision of the setting
>cute 2D sprites
>Fun minigames added
>M.O.M.O is kill
>encyclopedia added for the player to keep track of the setting details
>battle animations for the special moves is much faster and both I and II's gameplays are consistent
>great chiptune-ish OST by Xenosaga's anime composer
>You can save almost everywhere
>Also, the half-assed xenogear's DISK2-ish parts are gone and proper gameplay replaces it

Yep, definitive version. Also, no translation.
>>
>>377728285
don't make fun of my nanomachine waifu please
>>
>>377727198
English never
>>
>>377729530
>M.O.M.O is kill
Is this real? Half's Jr. backstory and character development revolves around her and you can say same something similar for Ziggy. This sounds like another scenario.
>>
>>377731262
I meant the transformations. Sorry.
>>
>>377727038
Xenosaga III is one of the best japanese RPGs ever, period
>>
>>377731356
Well, it sounds the DS version is a must play for an actually Xeno fan, is there any reason why there is no translation? The text is hard coded or something? I ask because Soma Bringer has a translation and is also a Monolith Soft game.
>>
>>377731907
That's a very good question. I have no idea since I only play JRPGs in japanese but maybe people simply forgot about it. They probably just all think that the remake is just the two games bundled into one, but only lightly adapted for the DS, and skip it. They're more interested in, say, a brand new game that was never brought to the west. It's a shame, really, because many japanese consider it to be the definitive game of the saga series, though they were not big fans of the original PS2 trilogy by any means, considering Xenosaga II got nominated for shit game of the year.
>>
a game isn't good simply because it has some girl character you can beat your meat to
>>
>>377733091
>People put effort, time and probably some money to translate ASH instead of Xenosaga 1 and 2 remake.

Sometimes I really don't understand translator fags. At least we got Soma Bringer, AAI2 and that Ar-tonelico 2 re-translation patch.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (45KB, 516x367px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
45KB, 516x367px
>>377727198
NÃO
>>
File: Xenogears.jpg (1MB, 2089x1479px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears.jpg
1MB, 2089x1479px
What could have been.
>>
>>377727198
You say that as if Episode 1 wasn't fucking dogshit.
>>
>>377731907
It's a bitch to hack and there's assloads of dialogue. They got a good bit in, but it's a behemoth of an undertaking.
>>
>>377735631
Monolith's own fault, could easily had the whole 6 game plot in 3 games if they compressed and cut some of the meaningless bullshit.
>>
File: Tim_render.png (441KB, 878x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Tim_render.png
441KB, 878x1141px
>>377736424
>Almost everything that made it into Xenogears was filler.
>Almost everything they skimmed by was actually interesting.
And people have the nerve to imply it wasn't Takahashi's fault that shit wasn't done.
>>
>>377729530
>No translation

FUCK. You got me excited for a moment, no wonder I had never heard of this version before.

Xenogears is my favourite japanese game, so I've been trying to play Saga for years but I can never get myself in the mood to play them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.