[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALL WALKING SIMULATORS ARE BA-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: The_beginners_guide_cover_art.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
The_beginners_guide_cover_art.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
ALL WALKING SIMULATORS ARE BA-
>>
>>377723571
That was one of the worst walking simulators though
>>
>>377723672

wow shit taste and inability to appreciate a complex plot detected
>>
I thought The Stanley Parable was kinda meh, but The Beginner's Guide was pretty genius. Interesting and meaningful message, unlike TSP.
>>
>>377723947
>>377723965

>walking simulator that teases potential gameplay and literally robs you of any
>better than a walking sim that actually has some amount of gameplay

I knew /v/ had shit taste, but this takes the cake.
>>
>>377724621
>Caring about having gameplay in a walking simulator

I knew /v/ had stupid people, but this takes the cake.

A Walking Simulator generally focuses entirely on story or exploration, that's why it's a Walking Simulator. Any more gameplay would only be a distraction from the narrative. The difference is that most have shit stories, but this one is a rare exception.
>>
>>377723571

Beginner's Guide is absolute god damn trash and an insult to the audience.
>>
>>377723571
This is quite possibly the most pretentious game ever made
>>
>>377726048
>>377725528

Koda is Davey.
This is a game about the creators obsession with being liked.
>>
>>377726048
Interpretation of meaning implies perspective, so "pretentiouness" is actually a completely meaningless word, more often than not used by people who need a easy excuse to not think about what the author is trying to say and still feel smart.

The whole theme of the game is pretty much about that in a way.
>>
>>377727243
Yes, a game about pretentiousness doesn't sound pretentious at all

Listen, I get what you're trying to say, but it's just a bad game. The Stanley Parable was enjoyable because it was a novel idea with great writing and voice acting by the narrator. The Beginner's Guide had none of that. It was just the developer masturbating for 2 hours and people paid him to do it
>>
>>377726252
>Koda is Davey.

I think Coda is a character based on what Davey experienced after the release of TSP, and partially to how idiots were trying to give a deep meaning to a game that really didn't have any.

But by saying this, I'm already doing the same thing the in-game Davey did with Coda's games. To assume that I can understand the author's mind by being exposed to his work.
>>
>>377725306
So you admit walking simulators aren't games.

Thank you, now kindly fuck off, sjw cunt.
>>
File: 1494088346533.gif (588KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494088346533.gif
588KB, 500x281px
>That ending
Too meta for me
>>
File: 20170522_144701.png (2MB, 908x1291px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_144701.png
2MB, 908x1291px
>>377723571
If your game is gonna be a walking simulator atleast be entertaining or pretty to look at.
Also don't shove pretentious drivel down my throat.
>>
Beginner's Guide was shit, though. The ending has no point at all and the whole thing is incoherent.
>>
File: (You).jpg (39KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
39KB, 510x346px
>>377728180
You seem very, very confused.
>>
>>377728180

He never said they're games, he just said they're not bad.

I think any sort of interactive piece of story telling can count as a game though. In walking simulator, you get to be in the story and explore the environments it takes place in, so there's some interaction taking place. It's all subjective though.
>>
>>377729364
Not at all. Saying something without gameplay is a game is a lot like saying a book without pictures or words is a story.

Also, generally only twatty leftists like these waste of time bullshit programs.
>>
I hear squad is a good walking simulator
>>
>>377730069
If they're not video games then he needs to fuck off /v/ with this non-game. Now that I had to explain that to you, consider yourself a mongoloid.
>>
I thought it was alright. A bit expensive for what it was since there's no point in playing it twice, but I had a nice afternoon with it.
>>
>>377723947
Not even the best story can save shit gameplay, anon.
>>
>>377730134
Read the post above yours, I never said any of the stuff you're talking about. It's just you and your own boogeyman paranoia that has this shithole so obsessed about.

The ambiguous and dynamic definition of what a videogame is, means discussing semantics and I have zero interest in talking about such a pointless thing but whatever. There's interaction from the player and that interaction serves a narrative purpose, that's all it has, and needs.

Games like all other creative media, is always changing and evolving. That doesn't mean the old ways will die, but that new things will be constantly born, added to the already existing. It's a matter of options, and variety, not of overriding, so there's no threat to the classic approach. Whether you like them or not, that's up to you, but different ways of evolution are absolutely essential regardless for the industry to not stagnate.

>Also, generally only twatty leftists like these waste of time bullshit programs.
Making pointless assumptions again. I even said most walking simulators have shit stories in my other post. And "waste of time" is purely subjective too.
>>
>>377731695
You said it lacks gameplay. That means its not a game and you are profoundly retarded for needing this spelled out twice.
>>
>Hey guys, I'm the narrator and welcome to The Beginner's Guide. Woah I just broke the forth wall, pretty quirky and original right? Everyone who plays video games, especially heterosexual white men, are EVIL. FUCK YOU.
Wow such amazing writing 10/10.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.