[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/ what makes the randos of overwatch so shit at the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 35

File: tumblr_on55tdIPYi1s6czl7o1_500.png (252KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on55tdIPYi1s6czl7o1_500.png
252KB, 500x426px
So /v/ what makes the randos of overwatch so shit at the game?
>>
I have no clue, I had a player refuse to switch off of attack JR on Vol industry while the other team had a Zaraya and a fucking D.Va.
>>
>>377709023
6 headless chickens a running in 1 map
>>
>>377709023
Idk I'm just sick of the hanzo meme. I pick hanzo and immediately someone picks widowmaker. I get gold damage and elims almost every game.
>>
>>377709023
>Why are six random people who have never met before so bad at working together as a team?
I wonder.
>>
>>377709143
I just got done losing a game on kings row, mainly because my faggot hanzo decided to never switch on defense and my fucking hog never got kills but would run in front of rein
>>
>>377709385
The worst is when you start telling them what to do, in a respectful enough way, so you can win and they get salty and say "sure thing coach"
>>
>>377709381
Hanzo can honestly be good, it's just a matter of the faggot not switching off when they have a KD of 0-7
>>
>>377709023
Lack of communication.
It's a fucking team based game, if you aren't doing callouts/updates when the other team is you're absolutely going to lose.
>>
>join game
>widow and hanzo instant lock
>ask if one of them can switch because otherwise we'll lose
>"LOL IT'S JUST QP" "LOL IT'S JUST A GAME"
>we get absolutely fucking steamrolled and lose within 2 minutes

i don't even feel anger anymore
>>
I also hate that blizz uses just American servers and not specific to US. Fuckin foreigners are the worst at overwatch, horrid accents and horrid skills
FUCK THE BROWNS
>>
>>377709924
I had two morons pull that in the match that would have put me in master.
>>
>>377709023
if you don't know that the answer is the lack of team related anything you might be the one who is what you call them
>>
>>377709924
I fucking hate "it's just a game" fuckers, still use that mentality in comp "let me play it my way"
NO NIGGER THAT ISN'T WHAT COMP IS FOR!
>>
the game should be pvp no-team deathmatch until level 100 or so so everyone is ranked accord to their own skills
>>
>>377710321
No stars should never have been allowed to play comp
>>
>>377709924
Widow Hanzo Genji trio of faggots.
If I'm only support I just play then and ignore their tears when they don't get healing... because the Winston or Hog give you an excuse.
At least I get to have my brainless deathmatch fun with one of the best hero in the game.
And since the ennemy team.also has a trio of faggots, it's even possible to cary the game to win.
>>
>>377709023
I can't play it anymore after playing through two betas of Quake Champions.

Why does everyone have to move so slow? Fuck consolefags give the PC version faster movement.
>>
File: 1476902065026.png (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476902065026.png
59KB, 200x200px
>first three hero picks on your team are Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo

Do I even try at that point or just grab a healer and at least try to get a few gold medals on the way down?
>>
>Payload, on offense
>My entire team is standing back, each one shooting at a different target so none of them die
>I'm the only one trying to push
>Fucking tank is BEHIND our group like a sniper
>Every five seconds the characters even say, "WE NEED TO PUSH THE PAYLOAD"
>Lose

>Payload on defense
>My entire team will stand together, 20 yards from the payload, slowly backing up, FUCKING GIVING THE PAYLOAD ROOM TO MOVE
>I am literally the only one on my team to even touch the payload the whole match
>Payload only moves when I'm dead
>While dead, tell my roommates to move up and to stop letting the offense win
>"lol u hav to kill them first"
>I watch from the death cam as the payload just strolls right up to the objective without any resistance

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STICK WITH THE PAYLOAD, and randos can't even understand that much.
>>
>>377711393
>On Payload
>Lucio on our team
>Doesn't boop enemies off the payload, ever
EVER
>>
>>377711648
shit lucios piss me off
>>
>pick rape ape because it's another ''half their team gets buttfucked by you'' episode
>already annoying because as much as I love winston he shouldn't be my 4th most played from this shit alone
>your team is somehow so bad they dont capitalize on half the team shooting you so even though you picked winston and made things happen you still lose to that shitter mediocre genji/bodyshotting widow

nothing more infuriating.
>>
File: Picture of me 38.png (226KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me 38.png
226KB, 480x480px
>Play arcade no limits to get boxes.
>2 players pick Junkrat and don't fire at Rein's shield at Hanamura point A.
>Ask them politely to shoot it down so we're not stuck at a choke point all game. Am the healer
>They get adamant and spiteful and avoid shooting it on purpose, call me a comp fag for some reason.
This community is the worst. Comp players are all angry try hards and the more casual players get butt hurt at the innocuous requests and suggestions.
>>
>>377713171
Have you lost count of how many times you've been called toxic?

"Toxic" seems to be everybody's go to insult in Overwatch.
>>
>>377709924
quickplay literally does mean nothing though and you are an utter faggot if you unironically try to make people switch

the only reason you'd get upset at quickplay is because you're too shit to play comp so you take it out on the people that actually use quickplay for its purpose (practice)
>>
>>377713365
Was called that in a game where I asked people to stop running into Sym's laser.
>>377713647
Believe it or not. Some of us like to play casually but not be steamrolled because our teammates can't follow game objectives or keep repeating the same mistakes. Most of us will never be big comp boys nor care about your autistic hamster wheel.
>>
>>377713647

the main point of the game is objectives, if you want to practice you need to learn to switch to what the team needs and practice other characters. play hanzo/widow when you're the only one on the team sniping, it is almost a gaurenteed loss if you think otherwise.
>>
>>377713952
>Most of us will never be big comp boys nor care about your autistic hamster wheel.
yeah but you give a fuck about a game mode where literally nothing negative happens if you lose
>>
>read thread
>we lost because X didnt switch

git gud you faggots
>>
>>377713647
this
>>
>>377714026

>winning with 2 shitty snipers

if people could play at fucking master tier levels of play i wouldn't care if they snipe
>>
>>377713994
>>377713952
you are now aware that the enemy team is just as likely as your team to have retards that pick shit heroes
>>
File: 1484547975860.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484547975860.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Overwatch needs a mindless eternal team deathmatch mode.

The great thing about TF2 is that 24/7 2fort insta-respawn servers are so popular, and that's where everybody that just wanted to mindlessly kill shit went. Get it out of your system? Go play payload or eternal Dustbowl.

Somewhere to contain all the sniper and Genji mains, let them farm boxes and eliminations or whatever and practice against things that aren't AI, keeps Blizzard's numbers up, and leaves the more directionally-focused modes with people that actually want to accomplish things in regular QP or competitive mode.
>>
>>377714026
No amount of skill will save you when you're effectively playing with a 4 vs 6 handicap.

5v6, maybe. But 4v6? You lost by default.
>>
>>377709924

This. So much this. Always happens. Always a loss.

>>377713647

People like you are the cancer of this game. Fucking autists. If there was a way to ban you forever.....
>>
>>377714149
thats the thing unless you're master/gm you really shouldnt give a shit about team comp and should only focus on getting better in your own right. its cute to watch golds/plats act like pros only to get stomped by a team that never talks lol
>>
>>377714023
I don't even mind losing, y'all need to quit projecting. I just don't want to waste 2-5 minutes of my life playing with what feels like chickens with no heads.
>>
>>377714249
>its 4v6 because someone chose a player i dont like
you're the only problem
>>
>teams are so small and the meta so fucked that one wrong pick can fuck your entire team
>autistic XP grinding so losing is a legit detriment to your enjoyment because a bar at the end only moves a small amount compared to a large amount
mobass shooters were a mistake
>>
9/10 times Mei will put up an ice wall that either locks her team outside the objective, locks her team in a room with an ulting enemy, or blocks your ult from hitting the enemy.

I love it when the enemy team has a Mei. It basically turns the game into 7v5.
>>
>>377714394
>Always gold objective time
>Always switching to whatever hero we need as we need then
>I'm the problem

lol nope, keep shitting, you Hanzo main.
>>
>>377714228
>Overwatch needs a mindless eternal team deathmatch mode.

Not in 2017, buddy. The developers know better than you on how to have fun, and that means random maps you probably hate with a bunch of try hards mixed with people who just want to look down a scope all day.
>>
People don't always focus on being a team and also just standing on the objective. What's the one thing you do to make sure you win and the other team doesn't? Stand on the objective. Widow maker pro leet sniper excited about sniping? You know what you could do to win the game? Pick a different character and stand on the objective.
>>
>>377714638
>HE THINKS MEDALS MEAN ANYTHING
silver confirmed
>>
>>377714717
they do. they mean more xp.
>>
>pick a char i like and have fun with
>/hidechat and stop talking in voice
>win more games
crazy how that works
>>
>>377713365

It's the favorite word of SJW too what a surprise.
>>
>>377714717
They do. Medals show your performance compared to other people.

If I have gold objective time, it means I was holding the objective one way or another more than the rest of my team has.

Go to bed, bronze.
>>
>>377714823
no wonder so many silver/gold borders are stuck in Gold, they think medals actually mean something.
>>
>>377714678
>widowmaker main
>tfw gold objective time constantly
the maps are so small that sniping from the payload isn't any different than anywhere else tbqh. the added benefit is that its basically a dispenser for your HP
>>
>>377714717
>>377714931

It means more experience points. You get bonuses for better performance. Who coulda thunk?
>>
>>377714269
>People like you are the cancer of this game. Fucking autists.
says the actual autist that gets upset with what people pick in a game mode where there are no repercussions if you lose

if you ran into me in quickplay I would say nothing about your pick. You would start crying like a faggot. Explain how i'm the cancer.
>>
>>377713952
You can also play casually in comp you know. Just stop caring about that declining or inclining number. People there usually do those things you suggest because they don't want to get steamrolled either.
>>
>>377714651
>'Quick Play'
>gameplay still broken-up by POTG/medals/and character select
>salty leavers so the room disbands and you are back to title screen
>games are potentially 5 minutes long
>'Quick Play' arguably as quick as competitive
>>
File: 1473807698117.png (349KB, 442x319px) Image search: [Google]
1473807698117.png
349KB, 442x319px
>>377715207

You play a team based shooter as a single player shooter. You fuck up the match for your team. This ruins the game and makes it pointless to play. If you dont try to win whats the point?

inb4 hurr durr I have fun and play MY WAY etc.
>>
File: 1476706806392.png (174KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
1476706806392.png
174KB, 540x695px
>>
>>377715714
>You play a team based shooter as a single player shooter.
>You fuck up the match for your team.
I'd say I have quite a balanced selection of quickplay character time played, i'm interested to see yours
>This ruins the game and makes it pointless to play. If you dont try to win whats the point?
Because i'm not an angsty faggot that needs to win 100% of the time to have fun, unlike the supposed "non cancerous" players like you.
>>
>>377713365
saying toxic should be insta ban
>>
>>377716194
Spoken like a true cuck, why attempt to even win because WINNING isn't fun, it's just playing the game!

Go play single player games or kill yourself so you stop ruining everyone else's games
>>
>>377716659
>Go play single player games or kill yourself so you stop ruining everyone else's games
in what way do my quickplay picks ruining everyone else's games?

How the fuck do you not see the irony in what you're saying when you directly ruin the game for others by bitching and trying to dictate how they play in fucking quickplay?
>>
File: 1434918493203.png (146KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434918493203.png
146KB, 400x300px
>overwatch costs 150 Huebucks
>the base overwatch
>150
>>
>>377714898
The only way medals matter is if you have medals that the role you played should not have (e.g. gold objective time as tracer)

If you get gold eliminations as DPS then all that shows is that you actually did your job. It doesn't mean you're better than anyone on your team.
>>
>>377709023
literal children
>>
the game is extremely popular

bigger playerbase = more casuals = more shitters

doesn't help that it's also an incredibly easy game to learn, but also a hard game to know when you're being a shitter or someone else on your team is being the shitter
>>
>>377709517
Even if you're as respectful as can be, telling someone how to play is a rude thing to do. Like I'm not even sure there's a non-Autistic way of doing, you shouldn't care so much about the outcome of a game that you dictate way other paying customers play their game. Even if they're being retarded.
>>
>>377709023
Multiple reasons, and depends highly on what mode you're playing.

For every mode, typically the problems are lack of teamwork and communication. For every mode thats not QP, people are generally playing characters they're not good at, goofing off, or simply don't give a shit on top of refusing to work together.
>>
Quick Play was ruined the second they took away being able to have more than 1 Hero. Its just a waiting room for Ranked now. A wasteland of endless Widow picks because they would never ever dare to select her in ranked. A Hog in every single last game because why would their not be.

Which would be fine because No Limits is just old Quick Play right? Nah not really by its very convention, location and naming its the extreme over the top endless meme shit instead. Theres no middle ground anymore. Comp is "Pro meta does this so we all have to do this even though we don't know how or why" Like doing the exact same set ups on Defense maps even though they have no idea why they are setting up there.

Overwatch is so fucking stupid and unbalanced that anyone attempting to take it seriously is an idiot anyway. Play Mystery Heroes have fun again. Blizzard keeps on trying to make every single last character viable in every single last situation not realising that its perfectly ok to have situational heroes, its why we are stuck with endless Mercy mains now.
>>
>>377711381
>being their healer cuck and sacrifice your time to let them have a fun game
Dunce.
Just pick whatever hero you need practise with anyway and ignore the rest or have some fun
>>
>>377717753
mystery heroes is fun for a good 3 minutes until the enemy team gets 3 zaryas and 2 anas while your team is struggling to even get 1 healer

there's so much rng in that mode, there needs to be a fucking hero limit there too
>>
>>377716194
While having a balanced roster is nice, and it is good you have a lot of time on certain characters, that matters fuckall if you're not using them to work with your team.
>>
>>377717787
>being so underage that the fact that there are people out there that actually have FUN with enabling their teammates to unlock their full potential
lol
>>
File: 1495235122085m.jpg (63KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
1495235122085m.jpg
63KB, 1024x634px
>>377709381
>>377709381
Why do you faggots use good medals to justify you're doing something?

Nothing against you picking Hanson but stop with this medal bullshit. You can have 40 elms but more than half of that isn't even your final blow. You can be gold in damage but don't forget shooting shields, turrets, and barriers can count towards it. Self healers should not say anything because self healing counts.

The only stat that's right and true is objective time but nobody gives a shit about that.

You all who use the gold medal excuse make me roll my eyes hard.
>>
>>377717625
that makes no sense what so ever. If you are playing comp you should be playing to win. If you notice your teammates not performing in a way that will benefit you damn well better guide them because those shitters may just be willing to take your advice and just need some leadership.
>>
>>377715702
this annoys me to no end. I miss the days of just playing the same map literally all day. a lot easier to get better that way too
>>
>>377718034
>that matters fuckall if you're not using them to work with your team.
What makes you say that I don't? A large portion of my support QP play time is because other people don't pick support.

But do I start crying and ask other people to switch? No, I take the opportunity to practice support in quickplay, as is quickplay's purpose.
>>
>>377718134
>being a dunce that can't even form a coherent sentence
>>
>>377713365
I got called a Trump supporter by some rando that sounded like a generic surfer douche. Asked him if he was from the coast and he paused then came back with ranting and raving about how the coast is beautiful and the midwest is getting their jobs outsourced.
>>
>>377717954

I enjoy Mystery Heroes now more than anything else because Ults actually matter. You die and its gone you have to start building one from scratch again. You survive long enough to pop one and you deserve to get some kills with it. It also highlights just how aids Mercy Res is and how fucking fast it charges.

It has real problems with snowballing but I don't think I would have it any other way because the chaos of the mode just works well with how lots of shit in OW is outright broken. Plus its one of the only modes in which Sombra is viable.
>>
>>377715714
"MY WAY" faggots are the biggest cancer in overwatch. That's why I loved comp being implemented and then guess what? "MY WAY" fags there too!
>>
>>377718362
QP's purpose is to let you practice working together as a team.

Arcade's purpose is to have you work on individual characters. Which is why you can play any char regardless of how many there are and it doesn't track your stats on it.

What a lot of people get wrong, yourself included, is that when you practicing solo play, you're getting shit practice. You may as well be playing against bots at that point. Why? Because you're in an environment where you're unable to use the characters to their intention. At most you can get to practice a little aim, but more often then not you'll be getting shut down because of how one sided the matches will be.
>>
>>377718519
Too bad offense teams are almost always losing.
At least I win 90% of defense matches while losing 90% of offense matches.

Are there any statistics to that?
>>
>>377716861
Your picks in QP aren't as important as your skill building. If you don't work as a team, there is no reason to play even QP. You should use it as a training ground for odd comp strats or at the very least try and respect that others might like QP and want to win still.
>>
File: 1390081463827.png (117KB, 262x255px) Image search: [Google]
1390081463827.png
117KB, 262x255px
>Gold tier
>mfw there's an enemy Pharah

Instant fucking loss since these idiots can't look up and I'm the only Support on the team.
>>
>>377718864

Nothing in Arcade gets recorded as far as I know, I have had the exact same experience with being in Defense being pretty much a win, theres always going to be upsets though, just having a couple of Zaryas can completely turn the tables in a match.

>>377718712

The thing that gets me the most is people from Bronze onwards trying to replicate pro plays. Outright quoting that you can't ever play Junkrat because random top 500 fuckass like Moonmoon says hes shit. There has to be a fucking line when you realise that it does not fucking matter if you lose this one game because some idiot has choosen to play an off meta character. The other problem is how often everyone gets massively tilted and throws games. They care so fucking much that they outright choose to lose games? What?
>>
>>377719069
>Only support

Might as well go Zen.
>>
How is this game supposed to be fun again?
>>
>>377719374

You get out what you put in. The community playing the games has massive superiority complexes from the top down. Top 500 complains about GMs, GMs about Masters etc etc etc. Everyone shits on one another even though the ranking system itself is completely broken because of how it dishes out SR in the first place.
>>
File: 1489570633079.png (90KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1489570633079.png
90KB, 480x477px
>>377719374
>decently populated multiplayer game
>all my TF2 friends and favorite community servers are MIA or dropped off the face of the Earth
>TF2 matchmaking is terrible and nonsensical
>Overwatch constantly vomits feelgood highlights at you
>slightly scrape someone's knee? Get an elimination credit
>no incentive to stay alive when your team drops like flies since your ultimate is persistent rather than resetting like an ubercharge
>can average 20-30 kills as a healer just from spraying wildly occasionally, usually go up into the 40s as an offense hero
>play for a few hours, get an RNG box and your level goes up

I should just see if I can get any better at Counter-Strike.
>>
>>377718176
>not saying you have gold objective time
Being Lució is suffering.

I remember having all the gold medals as soldier 76 and we still lost. Gold elims, damage, objective time, healing, the works. But no, some faggot like you says gold anything doesn't matter because you can't carry your own weight and think being the third best in anything is carrying.
>>
>>377717525
The problem is is that even at Overwatches most basic casual gametype it is still highly competetive and requires more than an average amount of teamwork.

Since this is popular like you said the casuals all play quickmatch and shit it up for people who actually want to play the fucking game (i.e. play to win because thats what games are about) and it ruins the whole match and community.

There needs to be a heavy casual filter mode.
>>
>>377719996
>no incentive to stay alive when your team drops like flies since your ultimate is persistent rather than resetting like an ubercharge

Letting the enemy team kill you results in feeding them charge. Likewise, staying alive means your team has to wait less to group up after a failed push.

>can average 20-30 kills as a healer just from spraying wildly occasionally, usually go up into the 40s as an offense hero

That seems horribly inflated, so either you're bullshitting or you're in some seriously low brackets where thats a thing. The only healer that should be actively being offensive is Zen.
>>
File: 1494392851817.jpg (58KB, 592x588px) Image search: [Google]
1494392851817.jpg
58KB, 592x588px
Some randoms are really good.
When I played mercy I got paired with a REALLY good Tracer and we just wrecked shit because I kept power-boosting them.

Also ran into a widowmaker as zenyatta and he would target anyone I used a discord orb on, that shit was ruthless. The match was 5 minutes long and he had 3 ults.
>>
>>377719996

Enjoy your community more focused on boxes and keys rather than playing. Enjoy the thing that killed TF2. Enjoy your fake awful econemy and legalized gambling. Enjoy the exact same layer of shit spread over every other FPS up to and including fucking Quake because why the fuck not.

Thanks Valve. Good thing they still make fucking amazing games pfffftttt aha ha ha haa
>>
>>377720565
>Enjoy your community more focused on boxes and keys rather than playing.

There are no keys, and everyone gets boxes from just playing rather than it being a randomized thing. Pretty much everything else you're bitching about isn't a thing either, because not only can you unlock everything without spending a dime due to getting in game currency to unlock skins, but also that you can't even trade.
>>
>>377720770

Jesus I was referring to the anon saying he was going to go play Counter Strike. Which from every single last thing in the fucking post you might have been able to infer.
>>
>>377718712

They are. I have given up on comp. I ended at 2000. It just drops and drops.
>>
>>377720927
Oh, sorry. I'm so used to people saying dumb shit like that I didn't even bother to check the comment chain.
>>
TF3 when?
>>
File: 1392160115833.gif (243KB, 300x168px)
1392160115833.gif
243KB, 300x168px
>>377711381
nah, fuck that, when i see half the team instalock dps before anyone picks a tank or healer, i pick dps too. i'm not babysitting these greedy fucks. they're gonna learn why tanks/healers are important the hard way

fucking especially if it's a group of people playing together who all pick dps. FUCK that, if anyone should be picking more team oriented characters, it's them

they actually tend to leave pretty quick, once they realize there's nobody there to enable their bullshit, at which point they're replaced with actual half decent people and i can switch to a healer or tank to fill up whatever's needed
>>
Theres a guy on Youtube who basically has a serious of videos about how much shit he gets just for choosing to play Junkrat. He changes off if its not working, hes never anything less than polite and helpful and the sheer amount of dismissive shit he gets is amazing.

Like he could outright carry games by himself and because of the hero hes selected the tryhards will bend over fucking backwards to blame it on something/anything else.

"Meta says that this is shit though how could you ever actually be doing really fucking good with it?!"
>>
>>377718179
All you literally have to do is confidently make calls on how to counter the team. I've had to lead a bunch of fucks a million times because without guidance we'd lose. Not to say that I'm good enough to lead, but sometimes someone needs to step up and do it. You just have to know when to lead and when to follow and not rely on "it's my main."
>>
>>377721192
>implying Valve will ever make games again
>>
>>377721696
This. Though I usually don't bother to switch unless the team starts making the effort to, but often even then its far too late.

While Dive is meta at the moment, QP doing 3DPS is usually a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>377721853
Junkrat is good, why would he get hate?
>>
>>377721853
I feel bad for that guy, I usually like having a junkrat around. I just can't appreciate any Widow players, she just doesn't have enough noticeable impact in an objective based game to compare...
>>
>>377722580
Hes kinda niche honestly. Hes good damage, but his projectiles are somewhat easy to dodge, he can feed Zarya's charge easily, and since hes not hitscan, a lot of heroes can out perform him or just straight up ignore his attacks like Pharah.
>>
>>377717625
Not gonna lie, that's stupid. It's more autistic to get mad at someone for choosing their main when they're countered hard then blaming them instead of being a grown up and just saying that such pick isn't working due to such and such. I had a Winston main do this, first 2 matches he was fine, after that he was being countered hard by torbjorn, roadhog, and reaper but he didn't realize it. I called it out to him, he switched to zarya, and we won.

Don't be a sperg screaming about how he's a retard for not switching sooner. You need to just point it out in a polite manner, and do some call outs. Seriously, team game means team communication, stop being a sperg.
>>
File: 1450476654176.png (165KB, 600x600px)
1450476654176.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>377714269
>>377710495
>>377710256
>>377710131
>>377709924
>mfw i'm that guy
It's my game, I'll play it however I like and there's literally NOTHING you can say or do to stop it.
>>
they just want to have fun, they're casuals.

That's it.
>>
>>377714532
>He's only played with shit Meis
>>
>>377722764
This. So fucking fun to watch these fags sperg out cause they don't get what they want
>>
>>377709023
That they all think like you
>>
>>377722764
>>377722982
only good replies in the entire thread
>>
>overwatch is simplified and designed for casuals
>heroes of the storm is simplified and designed for casuals
>hearthstone is simplified and designed for casuals
>diablo 3 is simplified and designed for casuals

blizzard panders to _________
>>
>>377723163
autism
>>
File: 1495401152297.png (1MB, 1920x1176px)
1495401152297.png
1MB, 1920x1176px
>>377722764
>tfw also that guy
I pick Widow and all these fuccbois can do is either cry on here or battle dot net forums
>>
File: grease.png (556KB, 449x591px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
556KB, 449x591px
>>377722764
same but i'm a junkrat main
>>
>>377722693
Widow is only good on attack. When the player has a sudden moment of genius and dinks off three or four people, you'll notice. In Defense that's just not sustainable, so she's way worse.
>>
>>377721853
I used to think that game communities couldn't get worse than L4D/LoL but Overwatch proved me wrong.
>>
>>377723634
if widow is used right she is the best point clearing hero in the game hands down (without having to ult at least)
>>
>>377723634

The other benefit of a Widow is directly influencing the enemy teams comp. Even if you only ever get a couple of picks they will change out and start sending people to specifically focus you. That takes them out of team fights and then you can start playing defensively and just hanging around out of sight and kiting the Monkey/Genji/D.Va around the map.
>>
>>377710089
The fucking Koreans! How are they so shit?!
>>
>>377722693
A good widow *should* mean that no characters with under 200HP can even touch the point without a shield. should.
>>
>>377722764
I do that because I'm trying to play characters that are actually fun for a change. Constantly playing rein, ana, or mercy is boring as shit.
>>
File: RAPID DISCORD BABY.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RAPID DISCORD BABY.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
i used to pick widow ironically as a troll pick, but she kinda grew on me. now i have 80 hours on widow, but i'm still shit at sniping.
it takes quite a while for me to get back in the zone, but i don't practice enough and my twitch reflexes wear off frequently. so i only play her casually as my go-to pick, but at least i switch when i know it's needed.

anybody else achievement hunting out there? i'm stuck on the orisa "pull into 1000 damage" one and it's driving me insane. it's just not possible to play a tank in pubs when you get no heals or grouping up.
>>
Are there any good ways to get the achievement for blocking the damage with mei's ice wall, that don't rely on the enemy team just having a retarded bastion?
>>
>>377724541
I cannot stand multiplayer achievements because its all up to chance, so I never bother with em.
>>
>>377722764
fuck you.
>>
>>377724541
Would you get the orisa achievement if you pulled like 2 tanks into an environmental kill?
>>
>>377717261
>all that shows is that you actually did your job. It doesn't mean you're better than anyone on your team.

In Overwatch, 99% of the time if you're just doing your job you're doing better than the rest of your team.
>>
>>377724591
Mei on Hanamura in particular can be a good choice for that.
>>
>pick hanzo on defense
>switch after you reveal other teams comp
this is the only way
>>
>>377725063

If the PTR changes even slightly come through onto the Live servers look forward to Hanzo being a must pick on every single team, attack and defense.
>>
>>377724862
i tested this and it doesn't work. haven't found much science behind it other than one incident with a "friendlies" we organized in QP to test achievements.

>mfw everyone got theirs except me

even in a friendly match, no one wants to pick a tank or cooperate with their team. life is suffering.
>>
I'd be curious to see what would happen if Blizzard opted to hide a player's level and their Quick Play statistics in their Career Profiles and then completely disabled matchmaking for Quick Play so games consist of truly random players.

For one, it would vastly reduce queue times. Sucks having to wait 2+ minutes for fucking QUICK PLAY.

Probably would amount to the same inflated ego I have playing TF2, where I'm a one-man army who destroys noobs with any class and tops the scoreboard for any given casual 12v12.
>>
>>377709924

It is quickplay you dumb faggot. Play comp if you're going to act like a homo.
>>
I am going to laugh when Blizz winds up needing to add some sort of role requirement to QP due to how dumb people are about it.
>>
>>377709924
If it's still during "Assemble Your Team," you can safely leave during this period and it won't be counted against you. What you should do is say that "could you please switch" and then if they say that "it's just QP" nonsense, then report them for poor teamwork with a copy-pasted report mentioning "two snipers" and their "it's just QP" argument as to why they don't need to care about winning. Then, of course, leave the game before the Assemble Your Team-phase is over.

If enough people reported in this manner, Blizzard would have to do something.
>>
>>377723367
>>377722764
So you enjoy dying over and over again until you lose, simply because you don't want to play the objective or switch from your favorite character? Why? How autistic do you have to be to find that enjoyable?
>>
File: 14587484276258.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
14587484276258.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>377718176
I can't tell you how many times its been easy to cheese the objective time medals because barely anybody else wants to keep the objective occupied, even 4 seconds may as well be a Platinum tier medal.
Gone through several games where everyone just fucks off in different flanks and you're left defending/escorting all by yourself, all the while everyone running off slowly drips off one by one because they want to solo a grouped up squad.
>>
File: IMG_6618.jpg (19KB, 409x456px)
IMG_6618.jpg
19KB, 409x456px
>>377722764
>>377722982
>I would rather fuck five other people over and lose than play as anything other than my Japanese dragons

Ok
>>
>>377726941

I've come across some amount of stupid bollocks in this game.

Full dive comp all about pressure and mobility, Tracer, Genji, Winston and D.Va ready to fuck shit up. Instead of picking up something like a Zarya to back us up the last player aside from Ana chose fucking Rein.

Who the fuck are you shielding back there you stupid fuck? When questioned the guy just said "We need a Rein though".

I wish the meta was something more than removing the ability to think for yourself. Its painful.
>>
>>377727446
While thats not ideal, its not too stupid as well. Protecting your healer is very helpful, and for certain areas having a safe place for everyone to push from can be well.. Helpful.
>>
>>377714823
Fucking this. I started treating competitive like what qp is supposed to be, ie. Casual fun, and suddenly I've got a massive new career high and have fun far more consistently than ever before whether I win or lose a match. It's incredible how much better the game is when you ignore the whiny babies and don't bother to voice because it's just a bunch of fags telling everyone else they should switch constantly.
>>
You savages have no idea how this thread makes a rein main feel
>>
File: 1466127916570.jpg (134KB, 1007x827px) Image search: [Google]
1466127916570.jpg
134KB, 1007x827px
>>377728810
>When your a Rein on a team consister of Widow, Genji, D.Va and Tracer
>>
>>377728810
*throws you a healing orb*
I always hang around Reins especially as Zen, you let me have my fun
>>
>>377729047
>mfw when people dont play the game right because they want to be like youtubefaggot #824480 and show off the headshots they randomly get every 5 matches
>>
>>377728810
I'd imagine a rein main is usually bored out of his mind, honestly.
>>
>>377724591
Use it on D.Va's Ult
>>
>>377729840
as autistic as it sounds, really good reins control the entire game. thats never boring
>>
>>377729840
I have fun mind gaming the enemy tanks and creating space for my dps.
>>
File: 1476554361122.jpg (199KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
1476554361122.jpg
199KB, 672x672px
>>377726237
How Autist do you have to be to not understand that I don't want to listen to random strangers screaming on mics about "MUH META" when they don't have the skill to play the meta. I'm playing my favorite hero no matter what.
>>
>>377730214
So the answer is Yes, yes you do enjoy losing continually.
>>
>>377730384
he wants his headshots
>>
>>377729840
Rein can be fun if you have a decent setup and a team to communicate with but thats not the case for QP. A second tank to fill in your spot as you let your shield regenerate is a godsend and definitely lets you be a bit more aggresive, charging into enemies with a Zar there to keep you padded is good shit honestly.
>>
>>377722764
>>377723367
I'm glad that you get to play your favorite hero, that's awesome. That said, if you're not going to play super-serious then don't do this in comp. Quick play is a thing, custom games are a thing. All the snipers rock in 3v3 arcade. If you're not going to collaborate as a team then don't play competitive. If you play competitive and do this just to "fuck with people" then go play a game you actually enjoy and is better suited to your play style.

>>377729047
Then don't play Rein if no one is even going to be using your shield but you. It's not a MOBA you can switch heroes whenever you want and you can pick something to better suit the team.
>>
File: 1476009648557.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1476009648557.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>been looking for a game to replace tf2 since 2013
>try overwatch
>it almost fits but it's just not as fun

I can't explain why either, it might be the pacing.
In TF2 (assuming there's an engineer) you can have 30min+ games mostly comprised of spawn > tele > fight > die > repeat, meaning there's very little walking involved.
In Overwatch it's more like <10 minute games where you spend most of it walking to the objective, sandwiched between POTGs and medals.
>>
>>377730458
Most Widows i've seen are just bodyshot galore
>>
File: 1.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
I literally made a video on how to fix OW Comp and everyone agrees with me.

https://youtu.be/RVdoNBVgT5g

Maybe if there was a hero playtime requirement for Comp this game wouldnt be such a shitshow.

>No Mercy One tricks
>No Hanzo mains
>no attack torbs
>>
>>377722764
well at my elo if i have someone that specializes in a weird role i let them play it and support them because most likely they will be godly
>>
>playing on Oasis CTF with a couple of buds
>I'm playing D.va, random switches off of Lucio for Orisa
>surprise, we can't fucking push
>ask 'why switch off healer'
>immediately get greeted with 'lol you complain too much'
>first time i even said anything in chat the entire game
>surprise, we lose

I just don't get it. I don't understand these people.
>>
>>377731416
This game did replace TF2 for me. To be fair, I much prefer TF2 maps (cp_steel is my favorite map of any game ever) but the combination of classes and fairly large groups just kind of made the game a little too much of a clusterfuck. I played UGC Highlander a bit in the day, because I liked that concept of play, but no-crits, no random shotgun spread, and scripts everywhere just ruined that for me. That and it's been nearly four years since they had a weapon update that wasn't cosmetic and there still isn't any new guns. TF3 is gonna be more like Overwatch, the nine mercs are gonna be roughly the same, probably better and more over powered. Each class is gonna get two more characters with new weapons (maybe abilities?) Bringing the total number of characters to 27.
>>
>>377731778
>play the game how I want to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dude it's just a game. People want to be non-linear with their characters and not robots who are interchangable and incapable of making cool plays
>>
>>377731908
Why does everyone in this game keep mentioning Electric Light Orchestra? I mean, yeah their music is damn good, but what's it got to do with my waifu game?

>>377732252
That's nothing, I expect that shit from arcade mode and quick play. What I don't understand is people who just decide to give up for stupid pretenses.

>First Round of Eichwalde, we get defense first
>guy in the chat says "I played with this two person group before, they suck. We've already lost"
>Picks Hanzo, just goes behind enemy lines and uses the sit emote
>gives all their squishies amazing ult charges
>the duo on the team are wrecking shit without him, he laughs and taunts every time they die despite the fact that they kill like four each between deaths
>we lose
>"See? I told you we'd lose"
>never have I seethed with so much rage while playing a video game

Can you imagine if there was some baseball player in the third inning and is just like, "lol, we've already lost" and just sits down in the outfield not even attempting to catch anything? What is it in the mind that makes this logical to them?
>>
>>377731778
I wasted 5 minutes of my life watching that.
>>
File: ArakiPonders.jpg (30KB, 312x316px) Image search: [Google]
ArakiPonders.jpg
30KB, 312x316px
>>377733271
Why? Why do people even bother throwing? I've yet to play this game, so my only guess is that leaving causes you to lose more rank than just staying and throwing the game.
>>
>>377731778
>everyone agrees with me
>only around 100 views
Top kek. Doing this is worse than those Smash Bros tourneyfags.
>>
File: 1495126656971.jpg (55KB, 700x666px) Image search: [Google]
1495126656971.jpg
55KB, 700x666px
>>377731416
It fits in that its a cartoon-ish style of shooter where everyone has their own unique kit/personality, but i'd say the main problem with OW is that its fixed on 6 per team whereas TF2 has always had more of a 'relaxed'(?) tempo in gameplay in comparison thanks to much higher team counts. Not to mention as you said, objectives and games can last for a lot longer just because so much more can go on and there's usually more checkpoints to fight.

That's whats a big difference in them is to me, that and respawn times. I've noticed in TF2 an attacking team on payload for example, will only have to wait maybe 4-5 seconds because they have to throw themselves at the objective that's being heavily guarded while if someone on defense dies, they have to wait around 15 seconds because they're fortifying the defenses. If you can just come back within a couple of seconds like attackers on top of just going through a teleporter to get to the area, that death just feels less impactful (assuming you aren't a medic or something) and would give defenders a massive advantage. OW respawns are about the same and it just favours defense a lot outside of slightly longer travelling.
>>
>>377733982
It's actually based on points captured and such. If you're playing KOTH and lose all three rounds it is the same as just leaving. That said, it's like two or three points difference anyway. Throwing makes no logical sense to me.
>>
File: 1486770907341.gif (359KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486770907341.gif
359KB, 500x444px
>>377709023
>play on a weekend/school holiday
>100% trash
>play during the day/graveyard shift
>all smiles

This is what you get for allowing anyone internet access
>>
File: tictactoe.png (165KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
tictactoe.png
165KB, 540x695px
>>377722764
>>
>>377734186
everyone i shown it to enjoyed it

>>377733046
confirmed for not watching the video

>>377733786
confirmed for not watching the video. its 10 minutes long :^)
>>
File: ThisTBHFam.gif (160KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
ThisTBHFam.gif
160KB, 921x155px
>>377735110
This is the best counter-aurgument for faggots who throw games in quickplay.
>>
>>377731778
Hero playtime wouldn't really solve anything. It would just annoy people. People would hit the minimum requirement and continue to main whatever they want and be bad at everything else. The only thing this would do is create a time gate rather than solve the one trick problem.
>>
The MMR should reset entirely at the end of a season instead of just fall around where you finish at.
I placed in silver and climbed to diamond over a period of 100 hours, ending up at 3100 and then hit a losing streak down to 2500. Got placed at 2200 the following season, climbed back to 3000 and refuse to play until next season because I'm not losing all that work again
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.