[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I "get good"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (59KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
59KB, 460x215px
How do I "get good"?
>>
You accept the fact that your characters will die
>>
>>377701393
Minimize the risk, find the best mercenaries combinations and know your enemy.
>>
>>377701393

look up which teams are good

then grind for 20+ hours
>>
>>377701393
Treat it like a VERY capitalist exploitative business

1 - Your mercenaries are commodities, not people. Don't grow attached to them until you've built up your resources (the villa). If they become too inflicted, get rid of them.
2 - Upgrade your stage coach ASAP to get more potential mercs
3 - Build your party with SPECIFIC intentions. Each area has it's own needs and dangers, build your parties accordingly (ie the ruins are generally weak to blight, the warrens are generally weak to bleed). Your party should complement these things
4 - General rule of thumb is a tank in the first row, movers in the second and third, and artillery/healers in the fourth.
5 - Other combinations are very usable if you know what you're doing. Look at each attack/skill and figure out how it can complement other characters' skills and abilities.
6 - Don't take more than you need, look is important.
7 - If you're in dire need of loot/artifacts, grab some expendable mercs, send them through a supply-less run, and get as much as you can before you need to make them fail, flee back to the villa, then release them.
8 - If a run is going south fast and you've invested a lot of time/resources in the party, don't be afraid to run away and live to fight another day. Stress can be healed, rebuilding characters takes a ton of time and resources.
9 - General rule of thumb is disable and kill as many as you can per turn so as to minimize damage to your party.
10 - Stress is HUGE important, don't let it accumulate unless ABSOLUTELY necessary
11 - Light is important too, more light=more ambushes in your favor, but less valuable loot. Low-light can work in your favor if you're doing a high-value loot run, but enemies will be tougher and ambushes are more likely.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>377701393
risk averse play.
preparation.
>>
>>377701393
Don't take risks. Including curios.
Know what everything does.
Cover your bases
Use common sense
Have a curio table open at all times
Keep the lights on unless you are hoarding or training.
>>
>>377701393
>>377701393
>>377701393

Take an entire row of Houndmasters.

Bleed everything dry. Even the Skellingtons. Doesn't matter they'll all die.
>>
>>377702384
whats generally best team?
>>
>>377702638
>Build your party with SPECIFIC intentions
>whats generally best team?
>>
>>377702638
crusader/vestal/leper for ruins, you are free to bring another heroe to them.

Highwayman/bounty hunter and Grave robber for the forest because of high damage high dodge high prot humans that are there.

plague doctor/Occultist and arbalest for the mixed bag of horrors that is the cove

hound master/hellion/leper for high dodge/bleed stack and enemy debuff

and there you go.
>>
>>377702885
thx
>>
>>377703127
be advised, you can bring another 4 hero to those rosters to wathever you want.
>vestal for safe healing every turn
>HM for attack any row and bleed or decrease PROT
>PD for nades
>Occultist to decrease their damage
>man at arms to defend and buff

is up to you, i killed the necromancer lord with 3 crusaders and a vestal, and NO HOLY LANCE LMAO
>>
>>377703408
I was really bummed a holy crusade like that was so much less viable than other combos.

I just bring vestal/Hound/Bounty/hellion normally, can kill most shit. The only hard boss so far is the cannon. But I haven't played that much.
>>
Scouting chance should be your fist priority
>won't get ambushed
>mad secret room dosh
>>
File: dark promotions.jpg (147KB, 486x423px) Image search: [Google]
dark promotions.jpg
147KB, 486x423px
>>377704016
>giving a shit about ambush chance
>giving a shit about 10% more stress too
>giving a shit about speed
>>
>>377704112
shut your whore trap
>ghoul ambush
>healer shuffled to pos 1
>critical rend
>bleeds
>deathblow
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.