[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason behind the ever growing encroachment of political

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

The reason behind the ever growing encroachment of political and SJW bullshit in video games is directly thanks to people who insist that video games are art.
>>
>>377698075
name at least one (1) person who insists this
>>
The bigger issue is that stupid people believe political means it must directly address the controversies of the day. The best art is timeless, but all the modern "political" shit is written by plebs and ages horribly.
>>
>>377698171
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v._Entertainment_Merchants_Ass%27n

United States Supreme Court justices Scalia, Kennedy, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kagan, Alito, and Roberts, just to name a few.
>>
>>377698075
Video games can be art. This is a fact.
>>
>>377698527
And the more you keep pushing that narrative down everyone else's throat, the more political activism is going to become a focal point to video games.

Is this what you want?
>>
>>377698527
>can be art
Videogames are art by definition
The thing is for some weird reason people think art=good/insightful/has massive value by default
>>
>art

>the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

If anything, the burden of proof is on those who dent videogames are art.
>>
>>377698690
I don't care at all.
>>377698724
I guess you can make something purely utilitarian and competitive devoid of story or anything deep, I doubt it would count as art more than a random machine does.
>>
>>377698294
BASED thomas with his dissent, fighting to keep video games as games and children off xbox live
>>
>>377698867
Then you clearly do not enjoy video games
>>
>>377698075
Hey OP. How about keeping politics out of video games? What are you even doing with this thread?
>>
>>377698867
>I guess you can make something purely utilitarian and competitive devoid of story or anything deep
what would you mean, something like tetris?
>>
>>377699091
Something more akin to a "game" that just measures the number of button inputs in time X and gives you a scoreboard.
>>
>>377698075
Everything is art
Art is everything

You can't keep politics out of videogames. To try is in itself a political statement.
>>
>>377698291
Is To Kill A Mockingbird forced on children because of its prose or because of its message?
>>
>>377699215
so something along the lines of a clicking competition or a typing race game?
>>
>>377699695
Maybe. Generally all sorts of human benchmarks.
>>
File: 1494844376024.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1494844376024.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
Video games are art the same way that checkers or hungry hungry hippos is art. They are not an established medium. They are games. Thr medium itself is at odds with the definition of art. To be a good game it must have good gameplay. To be good art it must focus on visual and emotional appeal which nearly always puts gameplay in the backseat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.