[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally binding of isaac but it's bretty good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Enter-the-Gungeon-mac-osx.jpg (161KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
Enter-the-Gungeon-mac-osx.jpg
161KB, 464x640px
Literally binding of isaac but it's bretty good.
>>
I am glad the shitty RNG game fad died.
These games are shit. Way too reliant on RNG. If you don't get a good weapon on the first flood you end up wasting your time with a peashooter slowly chipping away the health from the bosses. Without a decent weapon they're a chore to play, but if you get a good gun it breaks the game.
>>
>>377695691
Enter the Gungeon was extra ass for that, I quit that game super early on. Binding of Issac you can get to mom and beat her with base tears, it's not much fun but it's very doable. EtG was the opposite, I'm happy the games dying.
>>
>>377695557
>No ammo
>Bullet sponge enemies
>No synergies
>Resourceful rat
It has potential but its flaws kill it
>>
This game is probably one of the worst rogue likes I've played. Rather stick to Crypt of the necrodancer and binding of isaac.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>377695691
>the "if you don't get a good drop you're screwed meme"

Literally
LITERALLY
Get good.

Except for Enter the Gungeon. There's a boss that is actually, purposefully impossible if you don't have enough damage. What the fuck.
>>
>>377695942
literally almost any gun will kill this before it gets to the bottom
unless you're somehow retarded and only have your starter pistol on the 4th floor you're fine
>>
>>377695782
Isaac is better in that area since you don't have to waste 5 minutes to find out that the item you get on the level is complete shit.
Actually it seems like Isaac is better at everything since the upgrades you get tend to synergize with other upgrades you are going to get down the line.
In Isaac if I get an effect that makes tears have a small chance of poisoning enemies I don't have a problem with that, because that means I will later down the line look for tear up upgrades.

With Gungeon there is nothing like that. If you get a shit gun, you get a shit gun. It doesn't add anything to your run.
>>
File: 5Lee855b.png (44KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
5Lee855b.png
44KB, 240x240px
Pretty shitty roguelite. Too slow, too much RNG, too much time between runs.
>>
>>377695942
The problem is that it takes too fucking long.
'''''''''''''roguelikes''''''''''''''' are made to be replayed, so you will be fighting these bosses over and over.
To be forced to use a peashooter against an enemy you've beat dozens of times before is just insane.

Bosses should be hard, not tedious.
The game would be much better if all bosses across the board had 50% less HP, but 30% higher fire rate and they all did double damage.
>>
>>377696031
there are synergies, they're just few and far between
for example, you can get bouncy bullets + plunger, which basically fills the whole room with poison
or you can get muscle relaxant + a range of weapons, which heavily buffs them

i think the game would do better if it focused more on passive items in an update, and stuck with the large amount of guns they already have
i do find it quite relaxing to play though, i don't need every run to be all that different when i enjoy the base gameplay.
>>
Gungeon is a good example of good mechanics being hampered by bad design choices.

Combat wise it's fucking fantastic and feels so good to Shootdodge your way through waves.

I honestly wish it just eschewed the Roguelike elements and was more a Smash TV Clone.
>>
>>377696175
>it takes too long

In enter the Gungeon.

Out of all the "big" roguelike titles ETG is probably the worst. Try Nuclear Throne, it's fast as fuck and the starter pistol can carry you to late game.
>>
>>377696028
There are a few guns that are on par with the stock pistol options and a few that are worse.

I've definitely had a couple of runs where I would have been stalled out by this boss if I ran into him.
>>
>>377696507
i'm well aware, I have 250+ hours in the game.
ammo conservation is annoying, but there's really no way in which you should be facing a boss that late with a gun worse than the stock pistol, even if that means using the shit gun for regular rooms
master rounds are just too valuable
>>
>>377696208
I think it would be better if none of the weapons were downgrades from the shitty gun you get at the start. The weapons should have finite ammo, and there should be more weapons.
When I play it I end up not using the powerful weapons for anything but the bosses, and when I get the rare ammo box I can't take it because I am conserving ammo for the bosses, then a fucking rat steals the ammo.

The way the game is right now, what kind of a gun you get makes or breaks a run, and it punishes you for using the weapons on anything but bosses. If you don't want to screw yourself over you have to use the infinite ammo peashooter in the regular enemies, which is boring.
Binding of Isaac doesn't have problems like that.
>>
What is the difference between rogue-like and rogue-lite?
Is there really a need to catagorise them differently?
>>
>>377696646
Rogue-lite sounds like a term some autist came up with because modern rogue-likes don't match the formula of the original rogue to a T.
>>
File: cet.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cet.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>377696646
Rouge-likes don't save any progress between runs and its always different.

Rouge-lites have some kind of progression or unlocks while starting you off fresh every run.

I can't think of a single modern rouge-like so I feel it's rather stupid to categorise them separately
>>
>>377696646
Both are complete buzzwords that don't mean anything.
Roguelikes used to be games that were like Rogue. After that people started calling anything with permadeath a ''roguelike'', which is absolutely retarded, so people started arguing until they made a compromise and started calling them roguelites.

Basically when someone uses the term ''roguelike'' they're just cunts who don't know what words they use mean. When someone uses the term ''roguelite'' they're cunts who acknowledge that people will call them faggots for calling something a roguelike.
>>
>>377696603
the guns you get do indeed make or break runs, but there are ways to augment the RNG in your favour:

if you already have a semi-decent gun by the second floor, or feel confident enough to beat the boss on the first floor with your stock pistol (or crossbow, with the hunter, which is my preferred character) you can 'force' a gun,
essentially guaranteeing at least two per floor.

if you get shit guns, you can throw them in a gun muncher, which shows up fairly regularly in shops, as well as one being guaranteed on the fifth floor if i remember correctly

there are various NPCs who often sell guns. you can save your money to buy these. even if they're not particularly good, you can easily beat the first few floors with these and save the better guns for bosses/later floors.

the pilot holds more ammo than other characters, the marine is more accurate, and the hunter starts with a gun which can easily do well on the second floor, giving you some downtime to stock up on weapons.

but obviously there will be times in which RNG fucks you, which is definitely when the game feels weakest. but for all the complaints I hear from threads here, it's nowhere near as common as it's made out to be.
>>
>>377696995
FTL
>>
>>377697357
FTL saves progression through unlocking ships.
>>
>>377697437
Still, unlocking new ships just opens up new ways to play the game. Not even that, it's just your starting loadout, you're still thrown into the same world with the same probabilities for everything. Starting a game with Kestrel A after having all ships unlocked will result in the exact same experience as starting a new game from scratch.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.