[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just replayed Chrono Trigger for the first time in years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: chronocross.jpg (253KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
chronocross.jpg
253KB, 1024x768px
So i just replayed Chrono Trigger for the first time in years. Is Chrono Cross worth a playthrough?
>>
>>377689410
yes, just don't expect it to be much like chrono trigger. anything CT related in the game is actually fucking retarded and feels so out of place.
>>
>>377689410
As a sequel, the game absolutely sucks. Would not recommend. Stay away.

As a standalone game, the game is painfully mediocre. Do not expect much good. Play at your own risk.
>>
>>377689410
One? Yes. More? Maybe.
>>
>>377689410
Yes, but treat it as alternate universe instead of sequel.
>>
I enjoyed it a bunch, OP, you faggot. I'm sure you've seen people pissing themselves about the soundtrack. Colorful backgrounds, solid character models, neat little combat system, tons of characters to satisfy your aesthetic needs. Don't think too hard about the plot.
>>
OP, take note how this poster >>377690315 didn't mention the bland gameplay. There's so many better games you could be playing. Don't sour your Trigger experience, by playing it's disappointing sequel.
>>
>>377689410
I like the game alright. It's not the best game ever, but it's solid, and the OST is great.
>>
>>377690429
Not him, but I liked the gameplay. The combat system was really neat.
>>
>>377689965
>As a standalone game, the game is painfully mediocre.
Triggerfag >>>/out/

>>377690429
>neat little combat system
>he didn't mention gameplay

trigger(ed)fags never not insufferable
>>
>a bunch of recommendations
>one assmad Toriyama-faggot
I think you have your answer, OP.
>>
i liked it
especially how the companions you have with you add unique dialog if you're talking to somebody they know which is also how you got the best weapons or something for them as well
>>
Chrono Cross is one of favorite games, but it's not good.
>>
Chrono Cross is a great game.

Pros:
Tons of characters (See image, all recruitable)
Good story
Cameo from Chrono Trigger characters
Battle system's okay

Cons:
At LEAST two play throughs required if you want to recruit everybody at least once
Game is actually very different based on one of the first choices you make in the game, you will not have any warning about this, and the result may be the opposite of what you wanted to happen
A bit dated
>>
>>377691326
>Game is actually very different based on one of the first choices
What choice are you referring to without telling me what difference it makes? Use spoiler tag please.
>>
>>377691407
Not gonna do that. It's whether you choose to recruit Kid or not. I won't tell you how it effects the game, but it does.
>>
>>377691321
What in the absolute FUCK did he mean by this?
>>
>>377689410
yeh.
>>
>>377691495
It's okay to realize your favorite game isn't actually good. My favorite game is PSO but when I understand that game had many problems.
>>
>>377691407
It's related to >>377691493
>>
>>377691607
But even I*

Sorry, current mobile posting.
>>
>>377691493
Thought it had to do with her. Aren't you supposed to turn her down every time? I only played once a long time ago and automatically recruited everyone because I didn't think it would make a difference.
>>
File: harle.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
harle.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
chrono cross is a far superior game to CT, people who don't say so are blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>377691746
Not going to spoil anything. You know what you need to know.

>>377691771
I genuinely meant it when I told her I would sacrifice the world for her. Bitch was the only one who showed any sort of kindness to you.
>>
>>377691746
You CAN turn her down, which gets you the other female love interest. Other things happen. Game basically has 2 major routes, even though it has like 10 endings.

>>377691771
I'd say they both stand fine on their own, I barely consider them a series honestly.
>>
>>377691771
>Never got Harle the last time I played the game start to finish
>I ended up only getting a couple characters I wanted because of the other choices I made limited me to them

It sucks, it's like Radiata Stories. I want to make choice, but then I get stuck with shit recruited characters.
>>
>>377691931
they're really not. CC is more of a spiritual sequel/bizarro alternate world.

also not sure why anyone wants a third. what would that even be? you're lucky to have gotten CC.
>>
>>377692137
I never understand the people that want a sequel to an old game that they have fond memories of, because it absolutely won't live up to the original.

A third Chrono-Blank game? It would be some kind of action RPG or button masher.
>>
>>377692308
sounds good. why wouldn't you want that?
>>
File: shitty picture.png (1MB, 1885x1159px) Image search: [Google]
shitty picture.png
1MB, 1885x1159px
Why is she so perfect?
>>
File: sleepy jester (animooted).gif (124KB, 766x589px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy jester (animooted).gif
124KB, 766x589px
>>377694048
>>
>>377689410
Nope.

It's a sub-par game that goes out of it's way to shit all over trigger.
>>
Just play that rom hack sequel thing
>>
>>377691493
>It's whether you choose to recruit Kid or not. I won't tell you how it effects the game, but it does.

except it doesn't affect the game because Kid will eventually join.

Stop making it seem like it has some huge impact on this game.
>>
File: 1480271929048.jpg (23KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
1480271929048.jpg
23KB, 414x425px
>>377689410
Yes, don't listen to the faggots.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.