[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a Witcher RPG actually be any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

Got a question for you, /v/. Could a Witcher (or Witcher inspired) RPG ever be viable? How much would it cost? how good would it be? what about:

>Character creation
Assuming that the player character would be a witcher, would you be ablte to pick the witcher school you start in? would you be able to choose between the Cat, Wolf and Griffin schools or even the more obscure/newer ones like the Bear, Viper and Manticore schools? Would you be able to play as a female? Are female witchers justifiable by lore? Would you be able to be anything else than a witcher, like a mage perhaps?

>World building

Would the events of the game be set before or after the previous installments? Would you be able to meet or influence anyone from the original cast? Would the game revolve around something related to Geralt? What about the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard and stuff, how would they fare?
>>
>>377688209
>Could a Witcher (or Witcher inspired) RPG ever be viable?
Yes, it could, because the setting is good. Will CDPR ever make one? No, they have no clue how to make actual RPGs, they just shit out action games with stats and dialogue and I doubt CDPR will pass the rights to use the setting to anyone else.
>>
>>377688209
>Would you be able to play as a female? Are female witchers justifiable by lore?
No
>>
All 3 games are RPGs
>>
>>377688784
For the most part.
>>
>>377688209
Not with CDPR, I wouldn't say, but in theory; absolutely, it could work.
>>
>>377688612
Never read the books. Don't give a fuck enough to though I played the games.
How did Ciri become one.
>>
>>377688209
no because Witcher franchise is a terrible return of investment. Why would any major developer/publisher bother spending years making an expensive game which will net you some profit but ultimately it will be too little too late. Much better to shit out AssCreeds, MassEffect, etc. with as little risk as possible than trying to push for this kind of game.

Witcher fans should be happy the games were reasonably good and should hope for franchise death lest they'll live long enough to see it dragged through the mud
>>
>>377688983
Ciri isn't a Witcher. She's a different type of superhuman
>>
>>377688209
And I got a question for you, OP. What's heavier, a kilogramme of steel, or a kilogramme of feathers?
>>
>>377688983
She isn't
>>
>>377689058
A kligroam ov stew
>>
>>377689058
Stop this meme.
>>
>>377689123
That's right, because steel is heavier than feathers.
>>
>>377688983
If you played the game you doing know she ain't a witcher, ain't had no mutations or shiet. Just has muh elder blood and trained with witchers
>>
>>377688983
Witchers aren't just a profession, they're like Space Marines from 40K with all the cocktail enhancements and inflated deathrates. Also like Space Marines they're all boypussies because hormones.

Ciri is a mage who witches.
>>
>>377689075
>>377689050
>>377689152
She was called a "witcheress" at some points in 3 My mistake.
Though, nothing stops a woman being in the witchering(monster hunting) trade if she has skill and a deathwish.
>>
>>377688209
I bet that this is exactly what they're going to do. It's the only logical way to continue this franchise. Geralt's trilogy is done, but there is no reason to let a very popular brand go to waste.

>Female witchers
The status of female witchers is basically: "it's never been attempted before". However in the books they pretty much were going to attempt to make Ciri a real witcher, so it's absolutely not something unbelievable in the lore.
>>
>>377689152

Are you black ?
>>
>>377689284
Geralt and his bros underwent surgery and treatment to become super humans. Women cannot underwent that for reasons

Ciri is just a Mary Sue since birth
>>
>>377689284

Nothing stops anyone. It's just that most people aren't fit to do it unlike Witchers who're MADE to be fit. You even have mercenary bands doing their own bit of monster hunting. The only ones that hunt solo are Witchers.
>>
>>377689284
Anyone can witch. Bowlcut in 1 witched for fun. Wasn't even half-bad at it.
>>
>>377689426
Nope, white and asain just mobile posting
>>
>>377689539

He may have done some monster hunting but he's never done witchering. Not unless he walked「The Path」.
>>
>>377689613
That's just witching, innit? Interchangeable? I mean Witchers just advertise themselves as monsterslayers for hire, when they're not being called Hexers.

They're just bloody good at it.
>>
>>377689378
They have been attempted before and all died during trial of grasses
Womans body cant survive it
>>
>>377689058
THEY'RE BOTH A KILOGRAM YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>377690015
When did they say that?
>>
>>377688209

lolwuttf is this thread ?
>>
File: 1475527565226.png (450KB, 1454x926px) Image search: [Google]
1475527565226.png
450KB, 1454x926px
>>377689058
>>
how about class is locked to gender?
male get witchers and girls get the mage class shit of yen and triss
>>
imagine the char gen with the engine
you get to play as any of the witcher waifus once you get the sliders
>>
So I bought Witcher 2 and booted it and I have no idea what's going on story wise, is Witcher 1 worth getting or should I just watch a YouTube story recap.
>>
>>377695336
if you're not going to play all of the games, you're honestly better off just starting with Witcher 3. It does a better job at getting the player up to speed with everything, and honestly, it's the only game in the series that's actually fun to play, the first two are carried by their stories alone.
>>
>>377688209
Why make Witcher into real rpg when the souls series exists already?
Just play that, its all Witcher wants to be and fails.
>>
>>377695891
I've already played it.
>>
>>377695891
All the Witcher games are worth playing. All of them are genuinely great games, but very different from each other.

>>377688209
What exactly do you mean when you say 'Witcher RPG'? The existing games are already RPGs, as much as Dragon Age, TES, or WoW are considered RPGs.

Do you mean old school dice roll, turn based with saving throws?
>>
>>377688209
>Could a Witcher (or Witcher inspired) RPG ever be viable?
I don't see why not.
>>
>>377688846
For literally all of it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.