[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Prey thread? Let's fix this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 34780374165_0ed59224b9_k.jpg (296KB, 2048x864px) Image search: [Google]
34780374165_0ed59224b9_k.jpg
296KB, 2048x864px
No Prey thread? Let's fix this.
>>
Having no Prey thread was the fix dumbass.
>>
>>377687279
No thanks
>>
File: 2-1024_3427.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2-1024_3427.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
You didn't post a Prey picture though
>>
just downloaded and installed this played 10 minutes before falling to sleep woke up really wanting to replay the original prey
>>
>>377687652

>I just woke up and I was a cuck

Nice blog.
>>
>>377687279
>/v/ says it is a crappy game
>it is actually good
>>
the zero g sections were cool at first but they're a bitch to do combat in on the higher difficulties when you can't dodge telepath shocks or anything

who else /qbeam/ here

>>377687652
sounds like you have awful taste
>>
>>377688518
I'm really liking it, it kinda reminds me of Dying Light. It starts like an horror but by the end of it you are so overpowered and go around chasing the enemy laughing at their despair
>>
are nightmares the spookiest enemy of 2017?
>>
>>377688978
I ended up getting the Q-beam in last fucking hour of the game, I only used it to grease up the elemental typhons before shotgun or fixing their integrity with a wrench
>>
>>377689364
I know I'm near the end but I have nothing more to upgrade for. I'm getting cargo from the bay and trying to find schematics. I already have fully upgraded shotgun, pistol and lighting cannon, I have all of the upgrades I could want without getting alien neuros, and I have about 200 reserve ammo for all weapons. I'm playing I think on hard.

Also
>nightmare pops up
>January chimes in "I told you about alien neuros, bro"
>I have none installed
>>
>>377689567
I just got to the survivors base, how far am I ?
>>
File: very_confused_anime_cook.jpg (96KB, 449x330px) Image search: [Google]
very_confused_anime_cook.jpg
96KB, 449x330px
Alright, finished the game last night.

Do you think that "Account of survivor" book series is a foreshadowing of the fact that all of the game is a simulation occurring after the Earth was fucked by the aliens?
I mean, it talks about humans fighting an alien threat, and pretty much everything else tells the player that Earth doesn't know about Typhon or any other extra-terrestrials.

Also, what's with the guy in the Cargo Bay saying the same stuff that phantoms do?
>>
File: 1472050149045.jpg (145KB, 825x540px) Image search: [Google]
1472050149045.jpg
145KB, 825x540px
As a -shock game it was fucking fantastic but it really needed to be about 10 hours longer

I painstakingly backtracked constantly and grinded for as many supplies as I could hoard but it still only took me like 25 hours to beat the game

Also did every side mission but the Find Kirk mission was bugged and the phantom I kept killing in the escape pod bay which is apparently supposed to be him never dropped dick to complete it.

Also what the fuck is up with that "Authorized Personnel" door in the IT department that is located in the lobby? I never got a keycard to open it.
>>
>>377690506
I don't understand how Earth could have gotten BLACKED when Morgan created a coral-nuke that actually fucking works.
>>
>>377687386
nice 6/10 game
>>
>>377688978
but the original prey was amazing for its time lol i remember picking this game for my prebuilt with 256mb card and it blew everything what the 360 had to offer out the water, come to think of it prey and ut3 made me the pc gamer i am today
>>
>>377690657
The simulation is not 100% accurate, it's only based on his memories. Looks like actually Morgan failed, or never even woke up from the apartment simulation.
>>
>>377690120
I think that's where I am too, so I think we're both near the end. No fucking clue how to get schematics after placing the turrets and turning on the power. I got tired and shot up the survivors hoping one of the logs would give me the code to cargo bay but nah.
>>
>>377690760
do you know what game engine is? heard anything about doom 3?
>>
>>377690830
you need to go out in space from the cargo docking stations, once you are right outside the breach look to the right there should be another breach the schematics for the turrets are there. You go back inside and the indian bitch gives you the code to open the door and kill the aliens.
>>
>>377690887
yeah id tech 4 meant any pc could play the game and and the 360 still loolked like dogshit
>>
>>377690695
you mean nu-prey?
>>
>>377691330
He probably did, I mean nobody sane would rate the original higher than 3/10.
>>
>>377691125
Ah, apparently you could also find the turrets around the area right there. I made the mistake of putting them right at the edge so the game didn't count one
>>
Does anybody have that webm where the guy mimics a stack of towels and slips through some security glass? That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>377691441
well i think i am sane and id give it 6/10 upon release 8
>>
>>377687279
>Prey thread
>OP posts System BioShock 3
What did he mean by this. Playing on nightmare is quicksave spam central
>>
>>377692849
>nightmare mode
I will try that after i finish my first playthrough, I guess I won't be going aound farting on nightmare typhon corpses anymore
>>
>>377693148
Mimics put you into critical health easy. Phantom attacks is instant death. If you're not going hardest on first playthrough, you're playing it wrong
>>
>>377690595
Wasn't it like a 1 hacking door? Not all doors can be opened via keycards. Unless you just found the door at the end of the stairs. There's a huge balcony next to it you can drop down to that has another door into IT

But what you can do is break the looking glass window in Morgans office, and once you get the general access keycard you can open the door behind it and drop down into the IT department.
>>
>>377693290
Doesn't matter what difficulty you play on, the game is very hard at the start with only a GLOO gun and a wrench, especially if you don't find the early shotgun, and then it becomes faceroll pastmidgame when you have a shit ton of resources.

The true hardmore is not using that time slow skill, since it trivializes combat
>>
2 questions. Do enemies respawn? Are there enough neuromods to safely get everything leveled?
>>
>Hey let's make the last 45% of the game backtracking
>With long loading screens every 20 seconds as you run through areas you've been through
>Oh and lets make those areas that aren't worth exploring anymore (besides like one storage room you now have a keycard to) full of enemies again, that should be fun
>>
File: 1494918347002.webm (754KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494918347002.webm
754KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck is up with NU-FPS games having such shitty movement and combat physics. Like RE7 and Prey feel so god awful to play.
>>
>>377694087
>Complaining about enemies respawning

You really just wanted a walking simulator
>>
>>377694189
No, I wanted a level design where I feel rewarded past the halfwaypoint of the game.
If you can't make old areas interesting again, don't make me backtrack there
>>
>>377693945
Combat focus?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.