[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: shadow.jpg (23KB, 448x297px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
23KB, 448x297px
OW
>>
THE
>>
>>377681751
DAMMIT
>>
>>377681751
>tfw unironically enjoyed this game
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>377681751

>Knew the game was bad, even back then
>Was my christmas gift so I had to endure it
>The controls felt like shit, not as tight as SA1 and 2
>Real Time Graphics and animations were incredibly shitty despite CG scenes being at nearly Pixar level, i'd rather have the fucking mo-cap from SA2 back
>Chracters looked like plastic (like in heroes, but worse)
>Most voices changed for better or worse, mostly for worse, fuck that shit
>2P mode was ass, not like SA2 and Heroes had top notch MP, but they were fun and varied at least.
>Vehicles are super shitty except for that mecha with the machineguns since it has good weapons for a couple of missions
>Some levels where you have to find shit like the one with Maria are fucking terrible and drag on a lot, specially if it's the first time you play them.
>Bosses were meh
>Final boss was just OK but the fucking "chaos" music kept interrupting the main theme, WHY? only SA2 did the sound direction for the final battle right, and that means, the didn't do anything, they just let the song play uninterrupted.
>Most important plot-point that reveals how Shadow survived was "hidden" if you just fucked around in the final boss for like 5 minutes, it's kinda secret since you can off that boss in less than 2.
>Menus are shitty and very out there.
>Some of the story retcons were fucking stupid and were never adressed again in any other game.
>Framerate issues up the ass in some parts when SA2 ran like butter in the gamecube at least.
>The colors, for some reason, looked off, too dark but too saturated at the same time, it was a mess "visually".

Despite this, I played it a lot and finished it 100% (with all A ranks and hard mode at least), almost to the point that I wanted to go and do every possible route just for the fuck of it, I had fun on most levels (sans the non-linear ones) and was strangely addictive, can't explain why.

Still, a shit game, not because of the "edge" or the idea, but because of the gameplay.
>>
>>377681751
>back wheel turning
Ew
>>
>>377682965
played it when I was like 11 and even back then could tell it was complete shit but like you I still 100% the game. I just had to see every possible ending play out even through the absolute dogshit gameplay
>>
There was one level where you had to kill all fatball Chaos clones on the spaceship.
For some reason, I kept missing one of those fuckers in the stage, so I was stuck in there.

I dropped the game after two days.
>>
>>377681751

WHERE'S THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD?
>>
File: 1493522799410.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493522799410.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
>>377683318

>Collect/checklist mission in a mostly linear speed-based game
>>
>>377682160

A surprising amount of /v/ did. Shadow wasn't a bad idea on paper but it was also made in a time where Sonic Team just had to be in peak shit form. Mid 00s was not kind to that team at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.