[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell me on the PS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

I've been considering picking up a PS3, and I had a few questions.

What exclusives do you recommend and why? So far the games I'm interested in buying are all compilations, MGS, DMC, ZotE. The only stand alone title that may really interest me is Sly 4.

Is the PSN store as simple as buying what you want, or do you have to give half of your personal info to buy and d/l a game?

Is this thing still supported online?

tl;dr, guy who hasn't owned a sony product since the ps2 wants to test the waters.
>>
iirc the PS store requires you to deposit money before making a transaction. It can't be less than a certain amount or something. Fucking scummy.
>>
>>377679792
Demons souls
Dark souls 1
Red dead redemption
Infamous 1 and 2
The darkness (1)
MGS 4
Little big planet 1/2 (if you like fun platformers)
Resistance 3
God of war 3 (better on ps4)
Uncharted 1-3 (which i hate but is better on ps4)
The last of us (also hate but is better on ps4)

t. Sony cuck
>>
You need to make an account with your name and address. You pay with a card, paypal or by mobile phone. It is still supported but some games won't work online anymore, just as they don't on other platforms. These are usually third party games. On the EU store theres about thousand games. I would only ever buy games on sale, though. The PSOne/PS2 classics are cheap but the section is hard to find.
>>
>>377679792
You have to buy PSN fake bux in articially increments. They always take more money than you can spend. If game is $9 they take $10. If game is $15 they take $20. PS3 was one of the gayest and most Jewish fag consoles ever.
>>
>>377679792
NieR. It's not exclusive, but then, neither is ZotE.

And I'm not saying NieR due to Automata. The original is still my favorite game, and has been for 5 years at this point (before that, it was Secret of Mana).
>>
>>377680256
This used to be the case a while ago. Not anymore. Also it's better to use store.playstation.com because the console app gets really laggy and crashes after browsing a few titles.
>>
>>377680357
That's only true if you are buying shit for less than 5 bucks. If it costs more than 5 bucks, they take exactly what they would charge for the game.
>>
>>377680368
Nier is 100% unequivocal garbage. No joke, no lies, no exaggeration. Game is 100% shit. Do not play it OP. Don't waste your money or your time.
>>
>>377680420
PS App is best if you have more than one online console (I have a PSP, PS3, Vita, and PS4). Getting to see every game that's on sale at once is great, and it loads up great (at least on my iPhone 6s).
>>
>>377680490
On my device, the store page just locks up after browsing a few pages. Guess Sony don't need my money.
>>
>>377680420
The redesign they did of the PS Store was a disaster. It used to be so functional and lean. I hope they did backpedal on that policy since it turned me off the whole store.
>>
File: arrest me.webm (3MB, 854x470px) Image search: [Google]
arrest me.webm
3MB, 854x470px
>>377680456
Someone's butt bothered.
>>
>>377680576
That seems to happen on my PS3 launch 60GB console. No idea why, considering I'm pretty sure the launch version is the most powerful PS3. It's always a dice roll as to whether the store will load, or if the bars will just lock up.
>>
>>377680725
On mine it will start performing slow then crash to XMB. Sometimes completely and the console restarts.
>>
>>377680576
Android devices are a nightmare to program for. Too much variety is what's used. Sony probably just optimized their app for Sony phones, vanilla google (Pixel and Nexus), and said "Fuck it," on everything else.
>>
Dragons crown you fuck.
>>
>>377680882
Yeah. It's been that way since they redesigned the store. Don't know why they couldn't be assed to fix it. Thank fuck for the PS app on my phone, or I would never get anything off the PS Store for my PS3.
>>
since this looks like a ps3 thread, does anyone get that issue where, trying to download 7 or so GB non-stop will crash the ps3? has happened to me a few times so am wondering if this is a known issue or not
>>
>>377680895
Even the web store freezes up on my phone using the latest Chrome. No other site does this.
>>
>>377681050
Never bothered with the web store, so I can't comment. The app works good enough to where I don't care. The app also lets you begin the download without needing to turn on the system or enter the store.
>>
>>377681138
I thought the app just overlays the web interface when you access the store?
>>
>>377681190
No clue. All I know is that I open the PS app, click on the shopping bag, and it loads right up. No locking, no crashing, no lag.

Again, from the iphone 6s.
>>
>>377681310
If you're actually wanting shit to just werk (tm), it's smart to just pick up the newest iphone the day it releases, and then just keep it until it's no longer supported (about 5 years). The entire time the phone is supported, literally everything will work, app-wise.
>>
>>377679792
Katamari Forever is dope. Grab Noby Noby Boy when it goes on sale.
Tales of Vesperia is the best basic japanese learning material IMO.
Yakuza 3 & 4.
>>
>>377680256
>>377680351
>>377680420
>>377680423
>>377680490

OP here, thanks for the advice about the online store. Only a handful of titles that I'd want there.

>>377680951
This is one I had singled out as being worth the buy, truth be told.
>>
>>377682107
Don't knock the store. Tons of sales on there, making games dirt cheap.
>>
Get a hackable PS3, and pirate all the games
>>
File: 6tn8jm0.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
6tn8jm0.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>377682262
Not really knocking it. I've been jonesing for som ps1 classics, and Emulation hasn't helped. I just wanted to know if there were hidden fees or monthly subscriptions/licenses I'd need to keep playing them moving forward
>>
>>377682446
Not unless you get the games for free from PS+. Even if you pay for PS+. if you pay even 1 cent for a game, its yours forever. Free games are taken away when you drop PS+, and given back if and when you renew.

Personally, I don't recommend it unless you are planning on picking up a LOT of games during sales (PS+ typically knocks another 10-20% off the price).
>>
File: collection.png (2MB, 1242x926px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
2MB, 1242x926px
>>377679792

All of those are garbage games.

These are the only good games available to ShitStation 3 and ShitStation 4.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.