[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the modern AoE2 community? Seems niche,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

How do you feel about the modern AoE2 community? Seems niche, but high skill and inviting.
>>
File: 1474300616870.jpg (128KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1474300616870.jpg
128KB, 1280x1024px
How do I make my farmers automatically farm without needing to manually direct them after a square of land is used?
>>
It's great.
And all memes aside, the new expansions are great too, including African Kingdoms.

>>377672142
>Ctrl+I to hotkey to your mill
>Then click the farm symbol to set up automatic reseeds.
>Shift+click to set up 5 resides at a time.
>>
>>377670215
Theres no more middle ground

there either complete shitstains that put up a wall around themselves to prevent trade or theres the zerg rushers that want 2 minute games
>>
>>377673598
The only reason the game lasts 2 minutes is because you can't defend yourself. Pro games frequently last over 30 minutes even though they play aggressively.

Honestly, the whining about RTS games being too hard is ridiculous.
If a noob with no FPS skills joined a random Counter Strike game then they would have no right to complain about being shot. When a fighting game noob plays against somebody with experience, nobody would insult the experienced player for using combo's instead of mindlessly button mashing.
That's just common sense, but for some reason people expect everybody in RTS games to play at the same skill level as a complete novice.

If you just want to fuck around playing farming simulator for 30 minutes before asking permission to attack, then just play with friends. Otherwise, git gud.

And I say this as somebody who used to be in your position. The game doesn't stop being fun when you start trying to win.
>>
>>377675246

Not hat guy, but I've been watching games of high skill players on YouTube and see they play more silly maps and team games more often then something like SC2, is the community more fun or something? Seems more relaxed then Korea clicker.
>>
>>377675536
Yeah it's pretty casual, and there's a lot of room for janky strategies in AoE.

The Viper is the best, I've gone from 1500 to 1700 elo just by watching his videos.
>>
>>377670215
I tried it and e
>>
>>377670215
I've yet to try online play because even though I used to play the game as a kid, I still can't beat some of the campaign missions despite everyone telling me even shitters can outplay the AI.
>>
>>377677031
Some of the campaign missions are ridiculously hard though.
>>
>>377677031
i'm not sure if shitters can outplay the AI, but taking care of macro and raising your apm is just enough to complete the campaign.

If it helps, think of what else you can do every time you find yourself looking at the screen doing nothing.
>>
File: hm.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>2nd scenario of Bari campaign in Aoe2 HD
>>
>>377670215
fuck it I don't lose anything with asking
is there any point on getting the new version?
my old copy still works
>>
>>377672868
My thanks!
>>
File: 1935243754165.png (449KB, 938x705px) Image search: [Google]
1935243754165.png
449KB, 938x705px
>AoE2HD doesn't update your campaign achievements if you save/reload at any point during a mission
>Finally beat an entire campaign
>Can't remember which mission I save/reloaded on
>Have to replay the entire campaign again to get the achievement

Really activating my almonds right now
>>
>>377677961

>CARING ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS

man i hate neo-v
>>
>>377677869
"HD"
moar campaigns (dlc, only conquerors is included with the game)

wait for the summer sale and buy the whole pack.
>>
I tried to get back into it with his HD remake but they no longer have the original hotkeys that I was so use to
>>
>>377678096
I literally don't. It's just muh OCD kicking in because all the boxes are ticked except one, even though I did it so it should be.
>>
>>377678298
You can change the hotkeys in the options menu
>>
>>377677698
>Playing Forgotten Empires campaigns.

African Kangdoms and Rise of Rajas are great though.
>>
What civilization/strategy should I pick for easy wins against scrubs?
>>
Do people still play rambit CBF?
PATH BLOOD?
>>
>>377678245
>requires steam
I pass, useless you tell me I don't need to log in every time I want to play
>>
>>377678590
Go Aztecs and send 3 militia into the enemies woodline during the dark age and you'll beat most of /v/
>>
>>377678815
no, but there's a microsoft drm before the game starts.
>>
>>377678952
>drm
yeah no, fuck that, I buyed it in its time, no guilt in pirating it now
>>
File: 1494343625742.jpg (7KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494343625742.jpg
7KB, 200x203px
>>
File: shrugjack.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrugjack.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>377677031
>tfw end up cheating in the china wall lever
>>
Makes me wish I didn't stop playing it in 2002.
>>
>tfw The Viper keeps shitting on my boy Nicov

When is this grandpa going to retire?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.