[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale of 1-10, how likely is Metroid to appear at E3 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: crocomire.png (2MB, 903x928px) Image search: [Google]
crocomire.png
2MB, 903x928px
On a scale of 1-10, how likely is Metroid to appear at E3 2017?
>>
A 2, unless we see another Federation force shitstorm.
>>
>>377667203
>>
>>377667203
what about shining force?
there has been a resurgence in strategy rpg's with fire emblem.
maybe sega wants to capitalize
>>
-5 or so.
>>
File: 1450746678690.gif (305KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
1450746678690.gif
305KB, 261x199px
>>377667656
I would run out and buy any console that had a remaster of SF 3 or a proper return to the SRPG series.

100% would not hesitate.
>>
>What I hope
>What I expect
1 especially considering that fed force was a flop so Nintendo probably thinks no one wants metroid anymore
>>
>>377667203

Feddy Force was the Metroid game for this decade
>>
>>377669367
>Nintendo probably thinks no one wants metroid anymore

This is false.
>>
File: 1421724195735.jpg (51KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421724195735.jpg
51KB, 240x240px
At most you might see a metroid pop out of an assist trophy during some Smash 4 Switch footage.

Aside from that I wouldn't get your hopes up. I mean you guys just had a brand new Metroid Prime come out just last year.
>>
>>377669679
You forgot Other M.
>>
>>377667203
It's being developed by an external company, and I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it looks amazing
Source: My ass
>>
>he hasent heard the rumors
It just went up by a few points
>>
>>377670605
Thanks for reminding me. I sure do want to remember that game. Yes indeed.
>>
>>377670605
He said game, not disaster.
>>
>>377670605
I wish I could.
>>
>>377670691
?
>>
>>377670691
So we're looking at what, a solid 4 now? What are the rumors? From whence do they come? You can't just leave us hanging like that anon
>>
>>377670691
>rumors
Worthless.

Leaks are worth something.
>>
>>377667203
7, may be 2.5D
>>
>>377667203

E3 will focus on Mario Odyssey. Metroid will be announced in a nintendo direct somewhere down the line.

Nintendo doesn't give a shit about E3 anymore
>>
File: 1402508746495.png (39KB, 1005x335px) Image search: [Google]
1402508746495.png
39KB, 1005x335px
>>377667203
If this post gets a 7 then they'll reveal a new Metroid game. But that's not going to happen, and after Other M and Federation Force I'm not getting my hopes up. I really want a new Metroid, I don't care if it's 2D or 3D. As long as it's coming from Retro or Nintendo internally. Honestly I'd even be fine with a complete remake of Super Metroid or Metroid 2. I just want something from them. But deep down inside I know it'll never happen. All the older Nintendo franchises are dead. Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Balloon Fight, Mach Rider, Custom Robo, Ice Climber, countless more. I would love to see a new entry from any of these IPs. Who knows, Reggie did say they knew the fans wanted new Metroid games. Maybe they'll at least show a teaser.
>>
I think a solid 8, I'm sshure Nintendo is working on a new one but I don't know if it's ready to be shown in gameplay form, still they could show just a CG trailer
>>
Solid 9.
>Metroid came out in 1986
>Super Metroid came out in 1994
>Metroid Prime/Fusion came out in 2002
>Other M came out in 2010

Every eight years there's a new big Metroid title, the next one being due in 2018.
>>
File: Prime Concept Art space pirate.png (240KB, 350x476px) Image search: [Google]
Prime Concept Art space pirate.png
240KB, 350x476px
What do you guys think Nintendo's next move with the series should be?

Zelda saw great success by making changes to the old formula, specifically by going open-world, and they're also seeing success with new IPs and going out on a limb with Mario as well. Metroid DEFINITELY shouldn't go open-world (tight level design is a must), but going out on a limb like that would be good I think, especially since it wouldn't be hard to do that while still keeping to what makes Metroid games great to begin with.

The two key things to satisfy are good atmospheric exploration, good superplay mechanics e.g. speedrun, minimalist run, and a cornerstone of the series is abilities that have multiple purposes -- in combat, and out of it.

The current trend with games that meet the above description is to give them challenging combat, but Metroid combat has always been simple so that it doesn't slow down movement & exploration. So here's an idea:

Introduce a mechanic by which sections of the game are played in the power suit, and sections are played out of it -- preferably at the player's discretion, with some mechanic for how switching is handled. The power suit would be heavier this time around, emphasizing durability and firepower, while Samus out of the suit would be able to run faster and jump higher, and could still fight, but with less raw force.

That's as far as I've got. Could be a lot of fun though.

Oh, and bring back Android Jones for the concept art. God damn, that guy can draw.
>>
>>377673651
>What do you guys think Nintendo's next move with the series should be?
Imagine third person Metroid
Now imagine that, but 2D
>>
>>377673723
I wonder if an isometric Metroid would work at all.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.