[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png (151KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png
151KB, 250x349px
-
>>
>>377664480
game specifically made for children turned "competitive" by autists
>>
>>377664585
but it says T for Teen on the box
>>
>>377664585
Wouldn't the game have a C on the box then?
>>
>>377664585
Whoever programmed Pikachu and Pichu wasn't doing it for the kids 2bh
>>
>>377664585
But all of top 10 outside of m2k are normie af.
>>
File: manchid.png (375KB, 708x691px)
manchid.png
375KB, 708x691px
>a little girl pokemon and a fucking furry are top tier characters
what a joke
>>
>>377664480
Great game, but Brawl was a bit better in terms of content.
4 was a little worse, but still fine overall.
>>
>>377664480
Where were you when mango haters got BTFO?
>>
>>377664585
babby cant wavedash lol
>>
Westballz was so fucking sick at Runback, so close to beating plup, but plup is cool. As long as Westgod continues to stop SFAG
>>
>>377665493
Basic Melee tech skill outside frame perfect timings is easy af. Learn to neutral nigga.
>>
>>377665654
>beat SFAT again

maybe he'll stop being washed up
>>
>>377664480
shit game
>>
I've played melee casually for ages but the advanced tech skill stuff is too much for me. Currently my best character is Link. I'd like to pick up someone else that's easy to play. I can't shorthop with characters that require a 2-frame press, wavedash, react quickly, shffl, or do any other rapid/precise sequences of presses. What characters should I look into?
>>
File: embarrassing.png (66KB, 588x570px)
embarrassing.png
66KB, 588x570px
you manchildren are so garbage that too many of you even smell like it
>>
This game needed a sequel and never got one. It has a tonne of retarded oversights and quite honestly I'd rather just mod it to fix shit like Yoshi's grab and some of the shit characters as well.
>>
>>377664480
>when you can literally post boxart and get 300+ replies
wew
>>
>>377666062
Fox.
>>
>>377666062
pick a top tier

peach, sheik, falcon, marth, fox are all good choices
>>
File: 1447129269568.png (85KB, 246x147px) Image search: [Google]
1447129269568.png
85KB, 246x147px
>mfw I join the Falco/Marth God race, the true solution to the Melee problem
>women look at me noticeably now and guys are intimidated by my presence
>have not lost a match since
>>
>>377666372
I can't shorthop with sheik or fox, is that a big issue?
Do you need to do anything complex to play peach? I like the projectile spam and downsmash stuff.
>>
>>377666469
Have fun when some autist cp sheik against you.
>>
>>377666637
>Sheik
>winning against either Marth or Falco

tip of my kek to you sir
>>
Fat fucking disgusting creepy pasty guys. All of them. They are all putrid filthy goblins who stink up whichever venue they attend like a disease. I fucking hate them. It's a fighter for people who aren't good at fighters. 99% of players just mash buttons.
>>
>>377666513
kinda but they both require practice to be able to short hop consistently

with peach you really gotta have a good punish game, know when it's safe to pull turnips and the simpler stuff like float cancel fair on shield
>>
File: 1400889600414.png (450KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1400889600414.png
450KB, 640x480px
I don't know what the point of this thread is, but I'd like to say Melee has my favorite roster even though DDD is my main and one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

>Smash 64 comes out
>only characters I knew were Mario, Luigi, DK, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff
>think Link, Fox and Ness look cool, but never played Zelda, Starfox, or Earthbound
>Melee comes out
>I only know the original 12, Mewtwo, Pichu, Peach, and Bowser
>think all of them look cool as fuck, especially Falco and Sheik
>"when was Mario a doctor?"
>"who is Game & Watch?"
>"who is Ganondorf?"
>brawl comes out
>know a decent amount of nintendo franchises
>Diddy and Wario make sense for how popular they are for their franchises
>Olimar and Toon Link make sense because of how popular their games were after Melee's release
>"OH FUCK YEAH, DEDEDE"
>"this pit dude is cool"
>"ROB? that's neat."
>Sonic and Snake makes crossovers possible
>realize Lucario, Lucas, and Ike were added to advertise their recent games
>realize this is what smash bros' roster is all about
>smash 4
>guess Rosalina, Lucina, Dark Pit (not as a clone), Villager, Shulk, Bowser Jr., a Gen 6 Pokemon, and Mii
>Robin is also advertising Awakening, but is cool
>there's too many Pokemon now
>there's too many Mario characters now
>CORRIN gets added to promote Fates
>there's too many FE characters now
>duck hunt and little mace makes sense for the retro characters
>4 more 3rd party characters added, making it feel like a fan made game

Melee's roster feels magical because of how little I knew about Nintendo's franchise. When we gets Smash 5 or whatever the fuck it's called I'm sure they'll an Inkling, and ARMS character, and Shovel Knight.
>>
>>377667161
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>377666513
Fox is a character where you need to grind melee as a game to start seeing results. Falcon and Falco are probably the easiest top tiers to play at low level. Falcon has an insanely straight forward game plan and punish game, as long as you have good fudementals your golden. Falco literally shoots beams of stage control which are for low to mid level players are insanely difficult to deal with.

At the end of the day play a character you like as long as they aren't complete dog shit. Tiers mean Jack shit until top 10 play. Watch ssbm tutorials to learn basic tech to start off. Have fun bruh.
>>
>>377667161
It's a shame we couldn't see some later characters in Melee gameplay.

Ryu in Melee would be incredible.
>>
>>377666158
>tournament day has become referred to as "stinky day"

Kek
>>
>>377667161
you should get a blog because that greentext story was very interesting
>>
>>377664694
>tfw in the debug settings pikachu and pichu both have moves they never got coded in
>>
>>377664480
>Fox Fighters the game
>Also other guys
>>
File: 1474856912726.jpg (56KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474856912726.jpg
56KB, 640x800px
>>377667537
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSBM)
>Sonic, Snake, and Wario were all almost in but cut due to time constraints
>tfw pm snake main
>>
>go to connecticut monthly
>wobble some random pool fodder and taunt a bunch just to fuck around, i'm all smiles
>win game 1 easily
>game 2
>start going for stupid options like handoffs into fair spike
>fucker just quits out when i get a grab, rips controllers out of wii, refuses fist bump and sits in corner sulking for the next hour
why is this community such garbage
>>
>>377668708
Comes with the fgc territory.
>>
So, has anyone tried out any Melee mods?
>>
>>377668708
Some people take taunting p serious man. It might be all fun for you, but you might want to think about how your opponent might feel disrespected
>>
>>377668937
Nah but I'm gonna make a balance mod for me and my friends to play that fixes up some shit and makes little tweeks to some characters to make them more viable. Been fucking around with modding the game a bit in the last couple months.
>>
>>377669126
Interesting to hear. Good luck with it anon.
>>
>>377666062
Personally, I would argue that Marth, Sheik and Puff (obviously) are the least technical characters who are still viable. I like Marth, he's very movement/spacing oriented, and he's excellent at mind games.

Either of them should be fine if you want to be able to stomp your buddies. Spacies are extremely technical and tiring to play as well. In fact, a lot of people who play competitively have another (non-spacey) character who they can bop scrubs with in pools and lower bracket so they don't tire themselves out for the important matches.
>>
>>377669214
Marth movement and chaingrab make him about the fourth or fifth most technical character in the game.
>>
>>377664585
fpbp
>>
>>377666513
You're going to have to learn how to short-hop pretty quickly. You won't even make it to an intermediate level without being able to consistently short-hop.

Short-hopping is definitely in the category of what most people would refer to as "beginner fundamentals".
>>
>>377669413
Being the 4th or 5th most technical character in a game with only 5 or 6 viable characters is pretty good.
>>
>>377668708
>ICs player surprised newshits are grump around him
>>
>>377666513
>can't shorthop
hahaha holy shit
what's so hard about tapping a button? you guys are so pathetic it's hilarious

smash players, everyone
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.