[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes asisde do we all agree that online gaming is dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: wOGcukt.jpg (387KB, 1896x1038px) Image search: [Google]
wOGcukt.jpg
387KB, 1896x1038px
All Ubisoft games (even some japanese stuff) are moving to fucking P2P with very high latency and extreme unresponsive controls
video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdbOu40vxY
>>
>>377657679
Nice meme, I'm sure computer illiterate retards would actually fall for file i/o meaning network i/o. You should post this on Reddit.
>>
>>377657679
i dont play ubisoft games so i dont care

jap games outside of fightan rarely have multiplayer modes worth caring about
>>
Online gaming died when paid online became standard
Companies realized that you can charge whatever you want for the lowest quality service possible and people will pay because there's no alternative
>>
>>377657793
but this is not network i/o you dummy it's disc writing
>>
>>377657895
That's what I said.
>>
>>377657679
>do we all agree..

You cant be fucking serious

You actually expect /v/ to hivemind behind such an autistic opinion?

Kill yourself
>>
>>377657861
so you are happy with the amount of under age brazilians and europeans on steam right now?
>>
>>377657679
I like how you are talking about this with a picture someone posted in a Denuvo thread. Talking about how it's DRM makings online checks every few mins.
>>
>>377657996
>reddit spacing
>defending P2P connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKUFBCRcgM

actually the video is kinda misleading since the uploader called "p2p servers" when in fact there is no server just a bunch of peer connections
>>
>>377657679
>unrelated picture
>unrelated link
I don't understand this thread at all.
>>
>>377658034
What's that have to do with anything
>>
>>377658269
>SFIV
>not having lag problems and unresponsive controls (~6 frames input)
>>
>>377658269
It's a shit posting thread meant to trick people who don't have 4chan x into talking about something they know nothing about so OP can talk out his ass and get his rocks off.
>>
>>377658353
ah right
it was that dsp dude kids like so much so I assumed he was just being bad
>>
>>377658501
It is though. Don't let OP fool you into thinking this isn't a shitposting thread.
>>
>>377658587
>being this desperate to defend online gaming
if you are so happy why are you in this thread? there are like 150 threads in the front page
>>
>>377658185
>>reddit spacing

When you associate a type of spacing with a website you hate for some reason, it's time to seek help.
>>
>>377658587
not him but online gaming hasn't improved anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7c6hJs8nm8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwSLPXPtSMA
>>
Rainbow six siege is fun and has a nice community
It also has one of the better generals on /vg/
>>
>>377658963
>fun
>>
>>377658695
Because I'm shitposting in a shitposting thread.

It's what you do. Op obviously has no fucking clue what he is talking about with a Picture he lifted from a prior Denuvo thread.
>>
>>377658963
It is also severely plagued with Connectivity issues.
>>
>>377659179
>I won't take a thread seriously if the pic is not perfect fitting
/v/eogaf everybody
>>
>>377657679
Good fucking riddance.
The rise of online gaming is probably one of the main reasons the gaming community is absolutely cancerous.
>>
Even in server based games you're still gonna get fucked over by lag. All it takes is one Brazilian cunt to play on your NA server teleporting around getting headshots all day because you're standing still on his screen to make you wish you weren't playing shitty online games at all. At least with P2P everybody benefits from the shitty connections because you all lag equally. Like a shitty online version of Communism.
>>
>>377659617
That's why I've been telling everybody to stick with PC and steam. As long as the filthy stay there they will keep PSN clean
>>
>>377659385
The pic and video isn't fitting to op's topic. He wasn't actually looking for the topic to go anywhere. If he did he would have actually tried to post a video to something that wasn't DSP or put a picture up that has nothing to do with the topic.
Or at the very least say "pic unrelated".
>>
>>377659813
PC gaming is the origin of online gaming and is still likely the most popular platform for it though
>>
>>377659813
that doesn't make sense when psn is infected
>>
>>377659742
Never thought of it like that.
>>
File: Capture.png (204KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
204KB, 387x500px
>>377659813
>implying consoles aren't the reason for online gaming's downfall
>>
>pirates refuse to buy singleplayer games
>gives rise to games, mainly shootans, riddled with mandatory multiplayer so pirates will buy them
>communities of these games are cancerous and full of faggots using cheats

really makes you thinks
>>
>>377659742
A japanese player will always have less lag than an american even if the server is located in USA, same with P2P. Fiber in United States is so bad that even coaxial cable beats it when it comes to latency
>>
>>377659742
Depends how the game compensates, some games massively favour low ping, some high ping.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.