[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused the fall of Keiji inafune?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: before and after.jpg (259KB, 1306x693px) Image search: [Google]
before and after.jpg
259KB, 1306x693px
What caused the fall of Keiji inafune?
>>
>>377654204
Everyone found out about how much of an asshole he actually is and that his status as the "Father of Mega Man" was greatly misconstrued.
>>
>>377654204
Hope he gets ass cancer tbqh
>>
>>377654726
>Everyone found out about how much of an asshole he actually is

source?
>>
Remember back in 2011 when pretty much everyone on /v/ took Inafune's side during the MML3 cancellation shitstorm?
>>
>>377654817
I hope he gets Virtual Boy Eye Cancer
>>
I hope that if someone ever punches him, he gets stunned, flies into the air, and down into another frame. Fucking prick.
>>
>>377655045
I'd still take his side if that made the game exist.
>>
>>377654892
>Twiddles his thumbs for 3 years and shits out a crappy Mega Man clone, wasting millions of dollars on a shitty sidescroller
>>
>>377655576
>>Twiddles his thumbs for 3 years

Nice revisionism.

>Ben Judd: I’ve seen a lot of different comments that suggested Inafune-san was only focused on being a business man and taking the IP and making anime or manga or branching off into a lot of different directions. To your average everyday person, it’s going to seem that way. But the reality is, during production, the key creative pieces really happen for the first 70% and then beyond that, it’s all about doing porting and bug testing. I promise you Inafune-san’s time is best spent focused on taking this IP in new directions. Again, as I said, to be an independent studio and get a chance to own your IP, it just doesn’t happen. It does bring in other opportunities, which is great. I guarantee you [that] you want your independent creators and developers to have their IP, you want them to be able to take them in different directions. It gives you more choices as gamers. I 100% stand by this sentiment.

In other words, Inafune-san was working on the game, but he's also CEO of Comcept. He has to work on other projects and cant' focus on one little game. Inti-Creates were the ones working on it. Blame them.
>>
Yes. Blame Inti-Creates for Inafune saying he was the father of Megaman and not focusing on the game he was trying to sell you.
>>
>always had the JUST hair
POTTERY
>>
>>377654204
literally just memes, 95% of the people who talk shit about him don't actually know anything about what he does, its just bandwagon shitposting
>>
>>377656796
Okay, how about he wiggles his fingers up his anus, then. That's what really happened.
>>
>>377657028

Inafune-san is no mere producer anymore. He's the CEO of Comcept. He has to manage several companies, dozens of employees, and multiple projects.

Do you blame he CEO of Capcom every time one of their projects doesn't go well?
>>
>>377657294
Yes, we blame Capcom as a whole, their CEO inclusive
>>
>>377657294
Yes actually.
Because he has direct control over the budget and development time and whether or not a project lives or dies or gets milked to death.

Don't make excuses for a hack. Putting him into a higher position only makes it worse on him. It people the in to blame him for so much more.
>>
>>377657028
Mega Man wouldn't have had most of the games in the series without Inafune. Beyond MM2 they were never super profitable until Battle Network brought in the kids merchandising money. Before and after that, Inafune used his rising positions at Capcom to keep the series going because he liked it. He may not have made the design of the character, but he worked on basically all of the games and kept the series afloat, I think that warrants a father title.

The reason modern day Capcom stopped doing anything with Mega Man after Inafune left is because it was never overly successful and future games would be a waste of time, so they've spent years trying to figure out how to make money off Mega Man again. They've come up with shit port collections and a shit cartoon. At least his Smash cameo was cool.
>>
ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS NOT LEAVE CAPCOM UNTIL AFTER MML3 WAS OUT
>>
>>377657649
Inafune was a fucking producer. a glorified Accountant. Anyone who could do math could do his job.
>>
>>377657828
You have zero idea what you're talking about. The producer serves a multitude of roles in the Japanese games industry, you're a shitposting retard.
>>
>>377656796
Have we heard anything from Ben Judd after the MN9 debacle and Scalebound getting canned within 6 months of each other?
>>
>>377657649
>Beyond MM2 they were never super profitable

That's not true. With 31 million sold total, MM is Capcom's 4th biggest series.

Other non-battle network games sold well. MM3 sold 1.06 million and MMX sold 1.16 million.

>Mega Man wouldn't have had most of the games in the series without Inafune.

Okay, well Inafune wasn't producer until MM8. Fujiwara was the "businessman" behind the series until then. But that's a nitpick minor point. Anyways, maybe it wasn't a great idea to just pump out sequels mindlessly? Maybe they should have waited until they had some inspiration or couuld do something new?
>>
The hype crashed down around him.
>>
>>377658016

t. Inafune.
>>
>>377658043
Ben Judd's been working with the Bloodstained team, he popped up as a translator for IGA during the recent Bitsummit thing.
>>
>>377658093
31 million sold with the amount of original titles by far compared to any other series. Saying "31 million" sounds good, but considering how many games it took to get to that, it's really not healthy.
>>
>>377656796
>In other words, Inafune-san was working on the game
And it really is in "other" words, because that's not what your paragraph says at all. I wonder what possessed you to fuck it up like this.
>>
>>377654892
He literally said he's a business man first and doesn't give a rats ass about the quality of his product.

And not that that's completely deplorable but when the entire MN9 campaign was made out to be some labor of love only to deliver a shoddy product after millions in funding, it makes him an asshole.
>>
>>377659478
>He literally said he's a business man first and doesn't give a rats ass about the quality of his product.

you're talking out your ass anonymous.
>>
>>377654204
I'd say it all started when he left Capcom because his autism got triggered by his heroine design for Legends 3 getting last place in the contest.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.