[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate this game again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 32

File: the-last-of-us1.jpg (914KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us1.jpg
914KB, 1280x720px
Why does /v/ hate this game again?
>>
>>377653869
/v/ is a contrarian shithole
>>
Because its not that great
>>
>>377654035
What a very detailed post. Bravo anon.
>>
But we love it
>>
>>377654318
Thank you, anon
>>
It does?

Only got to play it recently. Both the narrative AND the gameplay are rather mediocre, and they make sure to weave as much narrative as possible in the most intrusive way imaginable for the entire experience.

Characters and dialogue are overwritten and poorly done, 14 year old girls are NOT incredibly articulate and mature. The protagonist is an unbearable douche and we gotta deal with him (or Ellie) constantly moaning about how annoying it is that we'll have to do what we need to do.

And guess what? This game is 95/100 on metacritic. These people should just fuck off, go watch netflix, and forget videogames exist.
>>
>>377653869
I just don't like Naughty Dog games. The gameplay in all of them adheres to mostly the same pattern. Walk a bit and deal with a puzzle that makes you nostalgic for Pre-K, some short cut scenes plays, story is a collage of a bunch of movies you've watched a hundred times (romancing the stone, Indiana Jones or in this case The Road / day of the triffids) and have no influence in how it plays, repeat for 15-20 hours.
>>
>>377653869
Because they tension of the gameplay segments are broken up by slow walk n talk sections.
And if they didn't think the gameplay had any tension, then because they played on normal difficulty
And because of how many people like this game, some people set their expectations too high, or went into the game planning on hating it to be contrarian
>>
>>377654473
I've, I mean, you've watched Day of the Triffids a hundred times? I mean I really got hot when I saw Janette Scott, but the film's not great.
>>
/v/ by default hates pretty much every modern Naughy dog game since Uncharted.
>>
>story and characters are shit
People too used to anime shit.

>gameplay is boring
People who played only on Normal or easier.
>>
>>377653869
I don't hate it, I just don't think it's great as it's made out to be. The presentation and production values are great but most everything else has been done better by other games at this point.
>>
>>377655556
The gameplay is pretty dull on the harder difficulties too, dude. Instead of shooting you're sneaking past the dipshit AI instead.
>>
>>377653869
It's mostly just an extreme kneejerk reaction to the amount of unwarrented praise this game got. The best thing I can compare TLoU to is a highly polished blockbuster. There's good production value and it's enjoyable in its own right, but at the end of the day it's nothing special, which is why /v/ reacted so strongly to it getting overtly praised.
>>
Sony exclusive
>>
because its a Sony exclusive
>>
played it twice. struggled to get thorugh second time and don't even know why i bothered to play it again. gameplay is pretty good, but it is hindered by mandatory "walk-while-you-talk" scenes which can last up to a few minutes. that's a few fucking minutes just WALKING. enemy AI could be better. no boss battles unless you count the few bloater fights. 6.5/10

multiplayer was fucking great, though. pure gameplay based on actual stealth and sneaking around. AI problems were fixed because it was player vs. player. matches got extremely tense. 8/10

playing playerunknown's battlegrounds right now because i thought it looked similar to TLoU multiplayer. game's pretty good
>>
>>377653869
i really tried to hate this game

i didnt play it until my friend literally left the remastered version in my car pretty much forcing me to try it

i always hated story heavy games

its now one of my favorite games ever and i watched cutscene compilations of it dozens of times. grounded was also legit difficult at some parts.

cant even describe how hyped i am for part 2
>>
>>377653869
I don't, I think it's fine. It's plot is genuinely good but not really fantastic, and it's gameplay is serviceable.

It's probably the game that suffers the most from Naughty Dog's reliance of heavy cutscenes and scripted sequences to deliver story.
>>
>>377653869
>game
>>
File: Velligr3geoufv[3rugbv[doiubvf.jpg (50KB, 605x307px) Image search: [Google]
Velligr3geoufv[3rugbv[doiubvf.jpg
50KB, 605x307px
This alone triggers /v/.
>>
it wasn't a bad game, but only a huge fucking casual with either a) shit taste or b) got into video games in the past five years or so would give it anything higher than 7/10
>>
>>377653869
For the same reason they hate Automata.
7/10 gameplay
8/10
10/10 Game GOTY 4EVER
>>
>>377659963
yeah, but automata isn't going to get 200 GOTY awards
>>
>>377653869
It's popular.
>>
1. it's ultimately watered down in many key respects
2. despite this fact, it's tremendously acclaimed for little good reason

STALKER did this type of game much better and yet because that didn't have a Hollywood B-tier story it didn't get 200 GOTY awards

Naughty Dog is overrated
>>
And that's the main problem with game journalism today: they think Hollywood = good

I'm not talking about "people wanting games to be movies," because there's plenty of acceptable ways to do this.

The problem is that people in game journalism think an average blockbuster film is a piece of art. They think Die Hard and The Avengers are high quality kino.

They don't care about the art of it; far from it, they just have terrible taste.
>>
>>377660372
This. It's not the game I hate, it's the community's reaction to it. It's really fucking worrisome that something that mediocre is showered with GOTY awards.

It's completely insane to see how this 7/10 game has a higher metacritic score than fucking Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1463251427414.jpg (287KB, 1105x723px) Image search: [Google]
1463251427414.jpg
287KB, 1105x723px
>>377660521
Pretty much.

The story's not perfect, but I don't think the game as a whole does anything that warrants genuine hate.
>>
File: 1481227521746.jpg (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481227521746.jpg
34KB, 250x250px
>>377660716
>STALKER did this type of game much better
>>
>>377662004
It's certainly a much better survival horror game.
>>
>>377653869
They haven't played it :^)
>>
>>377657276
here's the winner
>>
>>377653869
Remember when the gaming media and casual mainstream proclaimed Bioshock infinite gaming's citizen kane's moment?

The last of us was a repeat of that hysteria. It's a very average stealth and shooter game with a terribly egoistic ending message.

People who spend their entire livelihoods discussing and consuming videogames need to elevate their childish hobby in order to justify their wasted lives.
>>
>>377662657
Are you sure the game's 'egoistic ending message' is something the game itself espouses and not something you've tacked on in reaction to the game's more unreasonable fans?
What the fuck are you even on about
>>
>>377662657
>I've got the antidote to save human civilization
>instead I'm going to save this one dumb cunt of a girl (that I personally felt no connection to because she was a brutal fucking killer with a snarky attitude)
>muh feels

It amounts to fuck you I got mine.
>>
>>377662830
Meant to reply:
>>377663056
>>
>>377663056
Pretty much the entire game establishes the deep personal connection between Joel and Ellie. She ends up being a surrogate daughter for him.
How did you miss this shit? Jesus Christ man.
>>
File: 3166791-ellie.jpg (59KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3166791-ellie.jpg
59KB, 675x1200px
>>377659367
At least she was qt then, it's only going to get worse
They're going to make her full dyke
>>
>>377663206
Cool, so fictional Joey felt something for her. But me, the player, felt nothing for her. Why didn't I get to choose how the story ends? I don't give a fuck about Ellie, I felt nothing for her and I really don't care if she died or not.
>>
>>377663248
what would you expect from a girl growing up in post-zombie world? a disney princess?
>>
>>377663381
You don't really have an argument, there's a lot of scenes that develop Ellie's character and her and Joel's relationship. If you specifically didn't get into it, that's just you. It wasn't handled poorly and your view is not a popular one.
Furthermore, I don't understand why a linear narrative would count against a game like this.
>>
>>377653954
fpbp
>>
>>377663532
No, I don't expect her to look like a dude either.
>>
>>377653869
Cause /v/ has fucking shit taste.
>>
>>377663687
Its not a popular view on reddit but you won't find many fans of tlou around here. It's just not that fun, and thus fails the first and last objective of a video game. If I want an amazing story or great character development, there are movies, tv shows and books.

All that stuff is just icing on the cake for a game. If the cake itself (the fun gameplay) is not up to scratch, then it's a failed videogame.
>>
>>377664110
I thought it was an awful lot of fun myself, and going by your rules I'm entitled to think my opinion is automatically correct so I guess you lose this one kiddo.
>>
>>377654473
>I just don't like Naughty Dog games.
This is how i know you are a pleb of the highest order. Its Neil Druckmann game, not a Naughty Dog game. You don't call IT a Viking Novel , you call it a Stephen King novel. You dont call Goodfellas a movie by Warner Bros you call it a movie by Martin Scorsese. Same thing here its not a Naughty Dog game, its a Neil Druckmann game.
>>
>>377661213
You are comparing it to Bloodborne as it is in 2017, after all the fixes. The reviews that count are the ones that come out when the game is just released. When BB came out, it with was riddled with bugs and had extremely long loading screens all over the place. The password system was all fucked up and not balanced for multiplayer at all, and the performance issues were even worse than they are today. It's a miracle it even got a 92 considering all that and how much worse the game is without the DLC
>>
>>377664040
It's just not that good of a game. There are dozens of better games: fallout NV, dark souls, bayonetta, red dead redemption, portal 2, mass effect 2, ass creed 2.... etc
>>
>>377664110
>It's just not that fun, and thus fails the first and last objective of a video game.
>a game has to be fun to be good or interesting
>the only purpose of the medium is to be fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXupTTCa5j4
>>
>>377664256
Jesus, just go back to red-dit and stick to your own retarded console circle-jerking casual kind.
>>
>>377664395
Okay, but it isn't that interesting either.
>>
>>377653869

"/v/" is retarded.

I quite enjoyed this game. Didn't really like uncharted so I had low hopes going in on it but I really ended up getting a good time out of it and I'd like to see what they do in 2
>>
>>377663939
Wouldn't long hair be a danger? Could be easily grabbed.
>>
>>377660716
STALKER was third person stealth shooter about a lost man and his surrogate daughter?
>>
>>377664473
You seem very threatened by people liking this game.
Do you really hate this game because you don't like the game itself, or because you think it represents Reddit going console gamers that you despise?
>>
>>377664509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>>
>>377664395
>games dont have to be fun
Get a load of this retard.

>>377664256
>Sneaking around insta-kill zombeze is fun
>killing unreasonably hostile raider/mercenary #4235 is fun
>listening to characters drone on and on about muh hard life is fun
>>
>>377653869
I think it's great. The gameplay on the harder difficulties is fun as fuck.
>>
Its pretty good, but I wish they stopped with some of the useless repetitive padding.

Oh look a dumpster/pallet/ladder/generator. Sure is fun.
>>
>>377653869
Its a movie anon, not a game
>>
>>377664621
Ebin.
>>
>>377663248
>i expect traumatized chick licking in a post apocalyptic world doesn't dress like wiafu bait.
>>
>>377664740
Yeah, especially on the harder difficulties.
>>
>>377664740
>i have the attention span of child with ADHD
Why dont you go back to playing COD m8.
>>
File: tons of ammo.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tons of ammo.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>377664110
I thought it was very fun.
Almost everyone whose tried the MP loves it and says it is fun, and the MP is just the core gameplay from single player but vs other people
>>
>>377664605
I didn't hate the game, it was a 7/10 for me but i was disgusted by the gaming media and casual crowd's hysteria over it. Like it's the next Van Gogh of gaming. Bunch of moronic sheep. Reddit is like a hive infestation of people with these kind of opinions, who unironically think games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 are good.
>>
>>377654462
You sound like a miserable cynic. Reevaluate your life.
>>
>>377664826
The harder difficulties suck. You're forced into stealth more often and AI isn't even noticeably improved to compensate.
>>
>>377664978
>playing shooters on consoles

I want Reddit to leave and never come back.
>>
>>377665003
TLOU runs miles ahead of Skyrim or F4
>>
>>377665195
>You're forced into stealth more often
That's exactly why I liked it. I felt that the stealth elements were a lot stronger than the shooting stuff, and it made resource conservation very important.
Added extra dimensions to the gameplay that otherwise weren't there.
I think the human AI is underrated in this game, the arenas are designed so you can't sit in one spot. They'll flank and come up behind you and force you to quickly adapt to new situations.
>>
File: 21246346346.png (149KB, 324x567px) Image search: [Google]
21246346346.png
149KB, 324x567px
>>377664785
>implying you can't
Even if you disregard the clothes, she still has that awful tattoo, dyke hair, and man face
>>
The story is pedestrian trite and the gunplay is absolute trash. Not to mention the enemy AI is legitimately indie game tier at many points and since almost everything can be killed by choking or bricking, "ammo scarcity" is literally irrelevant for most of the game. I'm not really sure why people are calling the gameplay "Good". Gears of War did everything TLOU does, but better and earlier, and without pretending there's some amazing story to be had either.
>>
>>377665330
You can mod naked waifus into Skyrim. Can tlou do the same? At least I can jack off to skyrim, tlou only helps me doze to sleep.
>>
>>377665382
>They'll flank and come up behind you and force you to quickly adapt to new situations.
Are you the same guy who makes these threads every single time? Even in the supposed "Super hard mode" DLC, they do not EVER flank you, nor do they attempt to use cover.
>>
>>377665390
Give her some fucking leeway, her only influence in life was a crippling depress ruralfag that only payed attention to her as a way to cope with his own problems. She isnt gonna be right in the head.
>>
>>377665452
I'm surprised a lot of people think of TLoU as a third person shooter and not something more like MGS where that's just a way to get out of a tricky situation.
For example, enemies will never miss if you're moving towards you and getting hit by a bullet has a very long stun animation so run and gunning is heavily discouraged.
>>
>>377665570
Maybe you are retarded, thats why you cant handle deeper themes.
>>
>>377665452
+1

The first gears of war was incredibly fun and didn't have bullshit story padding by some fucking jew with a progressive agenda.
Gears of war was just pure unadulterated violent fun, something tlou failed to achieve.
>>
>>377665382
The stealth is one of the most mediocre parts of the game. It's incredibly easy to bait enemies into a situation where you can grab them, and they are terrible at actually finding you.
>>
>>377665452
>Gears of War did everything TLOU does, but better and earlier
No, just no. Go fucking choke on some glass. This one pissed me off. Get fucked.
>>
>>377665685
>muh deep game

haha you peeps are hilarious
>>
>>377665612
Nah, I don't usually come into TLoU threads because a lot of the criticism for it seems unfair and it drives me up the wall.
For example, the utter fucking lies in your post. They DO flank you!
>>
>>377665382
Are you serious? I like the game but the AI is pretty bad.
>>
>>377665696
>jew with a progressive agenda.
t. paranoid retard

>Gears of war was just pure unadulterated violent fun, something tlou failed to achieve.
TLOU never even aimed for that. Thats like complaining that a drama has drama in it.
>>
>>377665648
Because TLOU as a "Stealth" game is pathetic at best. They have fucking awful visual detection and their hearing is genuinely laughable in many areas, most especially when it comes to grenades, where they all seem to run directly to wherever the grenade was thrown from rather than where the explosion occurred. It's even worse when you consider how retarded they are (again, even in the "hardest" difficulty) in that they will never be "On Guard" until you have discharged a bullet, and they will still remain that way only for a brief moment. You can choke any enemy out and they all die with ease.
>>
>>377665797
Yeah. A lot of other games might be solved by sitting in one spot and shooting the bad guys.
>>
>>377665778
So I need to post the video again?
>Inb4 "Works on my end :^)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF4jQ25i1EE
>>
>>377665778
Also the "its a movie" criticism. It has the same amount of cutscenes as other games, except this are better directed. I just dont pay attention to /v/, last time i did i ended up playing BLOOD and that shit was boring as fuck almost all the way.
>>
>>377665778
>>377665767
triggered sonybros

I'm not that guy and I played both games, gow on PC and tlou on ps3. I had much more fun with gow, it has better gore, better violence, better environments, better enemies (and actual bosses), better gunplay, better fun FULL STOP.
>>
>>377665985
>sonybros
I literally dont even have a PS4 or a Vita
>>
>>377665864
>paranoid

Look up druckmann and remember the DLC where they turn Ellie into an interracial lesbian. Tell me that's not some fucked up progressive agenda.
>>
>>377665968
> It has the same amount of cutscenes as other games, except this are better directed.
Maybe raw cutscenes, but the amount of "Let's just walk and talk" scenes are painfully drawn out and so numerous that many people have called it "Ladderbrick Simulator" instead of just "Stealthbrick Simulator".
>>
>>377665962
If it does work on my end, why do I need to watch your video?
>>
>>377665390
do you understand that the effects of malnutrition on a growing child?
>>
>>377665985
GOW is boring as fuck. Its a shooter for retards that can comprehend any story more complex than a paragraph long.
>>
grounded difficulty was too much about throwing bricks and bottles. They were like your primary weapons through the whole campaign except for a few points where you were forced to use up some of your actual ammo or die.

>>377665452
>the gunplay is absolute trash
Elaborate. What makes good gunplay to you? The enemy reactions to being shot, the sound effects and different recoil/power felt from firing each weapon, the way you nervously pointed your gun over and around cover (without letting the game be a cover shooter) and how you flinched and were knocked back from being hurt - everything about the gunplay in TLOU was top notch. The revolver's firing sound is still probably the best I've ever heard in a game. You could headshot someone with the shotgun from 50 feet away and it would blow their head clean off like a sniper rifle (even if they had a kevlar helmet), just as long as the gigantic shotgun crosshair was perfectly centered on their tiny, distant head
>>
>>377653869
shit movie disguised as a game.
>>
>>377666094
If you get so triggered over two women kissing them dont fucking play the game you paranoid fuck.
>>
>>377666132
>Anecdote VS actual recorded gameplay
>>
File: 1495364085073.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
1495364085073.gif
2MB, 286x210px
>>377666168
>games need a deep story to be good
>>
>>377653869
If the last of us was a hollywood movie it would get panned as some B tier shite at best.

But turn that into a game with mediocre tacked-on gameplay and all the subhuman gaming "journalists" call it gaming's citizen kane moment.

IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!
>>
>>377666168
Meanwhile TLOU
>The world has gone to shit and there are only so many people left to be trusted in it
>Every person we run across either cannot at all be trusted or will either be a generic "Good Guy" or one of many "Lying bad guys" or "Cartoonish Bandits"
>I trust Ellie, and as such, I can't bear to sacrifice her for people I don't trust!
>Truly we are....The Last Of Us (tm)
What a deep, meaningful exploration of the human psyche.
>>
>>377662657
This. I think v hated critics orgasm, not the game
>>
>>377666427
Just goes to show how stupid the gamer audience is
>>
>>377653869

>Game
You didn't spell "Movie" correctly.
>>
Gears of War has the most annoying unskippable walk-and-talk sections of any game ever. You just wanna continue fighting shit, but you're constantly interrupted by having to walk there and talk with your finger over your ear's comm-link as you talk about the story for 1-2 minutes at a time. The worst part is they are all through the whole game, interrupting every little mission; not just at the beginning / tutorial sections. Sometimes you even are forced to wait through them multiple times, because the checkpoint is saved before the walk-and-talk part happens
>>
>>377663381
>Why didn't I get to choose how the story ends?
Because it wasnt an RPG. You cant fault the game for something it doesn't even aim act.
>>
File: 1433978183190.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1433978183190.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>377665962
>grabs guy directly in line of sight of his buddy
>doesn't react whatsoever until he's already done putting him into a coma
>>
>>377666538
It's not surprising, just try to compare the intelligence of gaming journalists (e.g. ign) versus established journalists in globally recognized newspapers (e.g. nytimes). You'd find an intellectual gulf.
>>
>>377666741
>He says, defending The Last Of Us
>>
>>377664364

Enjoying NV is the real maymay here
>>
>>377666741
Still better than tlou
>>
>>377661405
It's just more that critics call it "The citizen kane of gaming" and furiously cum to it when it's just a fun little adventure that does nothing to really further gaming or game storylines. It's also the effect that all its awards just tells developers that everyone wants MORE cover based shooting, more focus on story, and long walk and talk segments.

Honestly, I figure most are contrarian but I did play through each uncharted game and they feel way more fun then this but somehow don't get showered with awards like TLoU does.
>>
>>377666427
I think you're seriously overrating the movie industry here, it's as bad as gaming journalism now.
>>
>>377653869
It only takea 2 seconds of looking at /v/s catalog page to see 20 posts with some anime girl ive never seen or played a game about or what girl in x is the best and why is it x type post to know that /v/ is a bunch of underage(mentally and physically) faggots to not like tlou.

Its a good game. Better than 90% of what has been made. I liked it. I doubt 2 will live up to the hype. I only played it cause it was free on ps+ and was like... wtf this boring ass game cover looking game got all this praise? So I played it without knowing anything about it or seeing any footage or review. Loved it after i finished it but wont go back to it.
>>
>>377666939
It's not a meme, it's a fantastic game better than all the other bethesda rpgs by miles because it has actual world-building and gives you the player real life emotions like wanting vengeance.

I literally felt a real desire to kill somebody (the cunt that shoots you in the head) in that game. Few games have achieved this in me.
>>
>>377666427
>>377666538
What if turns out out you are the stupid ones?
>>
>>377653869
Because it's the Oscar bait of games. Only shills and normalfags who don't know what a good game actually is say it's good.
>>
>>377667101
But the Oscars do nominate good movies, often even. Just because a game is popular doesn't mean its bad.
>>
>>377667081
I got my IQ tested. It's 133. I also actually read advanced intellectual books so I know what good story writing is.
>>
File: 1393525055353.jpg (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1393525055353.jpg
4KB, 192x192px
>>377667247
>>
>>377667065
When was TLoU free on ps+? They actually used to give out good games?
>>
>>377666927
>>377666940
it annoyed me 10x more in Gears than it did in TLOU. All they were doing in GOW was making you wait for Dom to finish talking over the radio. At least in TLOU you were supposed to walk around and collect supplies and shit while the AI was talking to you, and you could usually just move on ahead of them anyway because it only ever forced you to walk during the tutorial section in Boston
>>
>halfway through the game
>cutscene of them walking through a large high rise building
>Ellie squirming around,"wait here I'll be back in a minute"
>Riley hesitantly,"Okay..."
>As Ellie walks away Riley,"wait where are You going?"
>no answer as Ellie disappears around the corner
>Riley quietly and curiously searches around for Ellie
>she soon finds Ellie squatted in the corner of one of the old rooms with her pants and underwear around her ankles peeing
>Ellie shocked turning to see Riley at her side,"What I had to pee"
>Riley watches intently as Ellie's stream finishes flooding the corner of the room with a big puddle of her pee
>Riley,"so You have hair down there as well"
>Ellie,"I thought that all girls our age did" as she stands up looking down at her own small, and light colored pubic bush before pulling her pants and underwear back up
>Ellie looking Riley in the eyes,"wait if You got to see mine why can't I see Yours"
>Riley,"Fine by me" Riley says with a happy expression as she pulls down her pants and underwear
>>
>gives boost
>gives boost
>gives boost
>ending credits

whoa really made me think
>>
File: Futaba.jpg (806KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Futaba.jpg
806KB, 1920x1080px
>>377667065
Even in these anime girl games, the wide variance of mechanics are actually developed and continuously progress over the course of play. Persona 5, being as far removed from a high-action game, has Mementos and Palaces, providing a very large amount of potential fights, puzzles to overcome, combinations of abilities and units to make potent combat options out of, item management, very high emphasis on SP management (SP recovery items are significantly harder to acquire than any means of restoring HP), every single boss battle is unique, and most major enemy encounters provide rough and unexpected challenges. Then there's the mid-battle events like managing your time to increase social stats or social links. Not to mention how much writing goes into this game, which is in literally every way equally pedestrian as TLOU. The difference is that Persona 5 doesn't sit here on a golden throne of the moniker "The Citizen Kane of Gaming" for retelling yet another derivative post-apoc zombie story. Even as people sit here and talk about how much they want to fuck Kawakami or pet Sae's head, the game itself is a very rich and fulfilling experience. TLOU is not. It's a shitbar game which rewards your exploitation of the genuinely retarded AI with slightly more ammo than usual, and the very few times you need to shoot anything aren't ever engaging experiences, as the enemies never do anything unexpected or take advantage of your shitty positioning beyond their laser bullets.
>>
>>377664262
How's that dick taste
>>
>>377653869
So you don't have to bog down the board with this thread YET AGAIN, I am going to answer your question completely and concretely. /v/ hates all video games. /v/ hates everything to do with video games, especially people like themselves who play video games.
>>
>>377664342
Still, it's a fully gameplay-oriented game, without an intrusive and very mediocre narrative, with a solid multiplayer mode and hundreds of potential hours of replayability.

I wish we could make reviewers only be able to play a single game for an entire year. Then we'd see if they'd be that fast to distribute 10/10 scores around to extremely superficial playable movies.
>>
>>377667841
Well you are comparing a tps to an rpg. I get your point but totally diff. types of games. I dont think tlou is end all be all by any means but it was well done.

Ps5 and other games are also praised a ton. Im sure they are deserving. I usually cant sit through weeb dialog as I find it boring trite drivel conversation.

Eh as I get older I rarely ever read any dialog in games anymore...so there is that. I just spam x.
>>
>>377667841
The problem is with how many people praise is as a "benchmark" of video game story, which it's not, it's a fucking movie. Literally nothing would change if they just made TLoU as a film.
>>
>>377664342
BB was easily a 9/10 even when it first came out, the DLC just pushed it over the top. 92 isn't unreasonable at all for that game.
>>
>>377653954
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>377653869
>game
>>
>>377654473
>I just don't like Naughty Dog games. The gameplay in all of them adheres to mostly the same pattern. Walk a bit and deal with a puzzle that makes you nostalgic for Pre-K, some short cut scenes plays, story is a collage of a bunch of movies you've watched a hundred times (romancing the stone, Indiana Jones or in this case The Road / day of the triffids) and have no influence in how it plays, repeat for 15-20 hours.

Only Uncharted and Last of Us do that. Both Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter weren't like that.
>>
I like the game but I hate console exclusive games by principle. I'm not buying a whole console just for 1 game, fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>377669375
It's on two consoles though.
>>
>>377654462
>>377654473
Everything you complain about is done worse in games like Persona or Nier yet those games don't get as much hate.
>>
The funniest thing about /v/'s critiques about this game is that they'll defend their nitpicks as fatal flaws, but when you mention BotW's fatal flaws they'll defend them as nitpicks.

Short answer: The game is good, it just doesn't cater to /v/'s demographic of cynics and contrarians.
>>
Ladders, planks, narrow corridor level design, walk-n-talk, chest high walls, non-puzzles, broken partner stealth, mushroom zombies, gamepad shootan. I can't decide which I hate more, tlou or uncharted 1 or 2 (never played 3 or 4).

I like the idea behind the crafting and the inventory. It might be a decent game if they stripped out all the bullshit and fleshed out the gameplay.
>>
I don't think many people actually hate the game, but they think it's very over rated and was over hyped.
>>
>>377653869
Because 70% of the users are weeaboos with double standards.
It's okay for the latest Persona to have 30-40 hours of cutscenes with no input from the player, but it's not okay for TLoU to have dialogue during gameplay.

There are also the Fallout New Vegas/Platinum shit crowds who hate when games even try to have a story. Yeah, they KNOW that the game they buy/play is very story based, yet they still complain about it being story based.

The rest are shitposting retards who watched the first 30 minutes on YouTube and act like they played the game.
>>
Because it's quite literally a walking simulator/movie with a pretentious, oscar bait story. Only the fucking lowest of the low denominator wouldn't see through it's bullshit. Same for Uncharted, only to give credit where it's due, Uncharted actually has "gamey" things in it that doesn't bore you every 5 minutes.

>nu-/v/ likes tlou: the movie

You have to go back.
>>
>>377670229
What do you think of other naughty dog games? (Crash, Jak, Uncharted)
>>
>>377672491
This is one of the shitposting retards who didn't play the game and watched the first 30 minutes on YouTube.

Also, the story is anything but pretentious. It has the usual zombie story beats(cannibals etc.), nothing pretentious about that. Just shows how little you know about it.
>>
>>377672686
Not him but as someone who loves TLoU,
Crash 1&2 - 6/10
Crash 3 % CTR - 9/10

Jak and Daxter - 10/10, fucking love it
Jak II - 8/10
Jak 3 - 7/10
Jak X - 6/10

Uncharted 1 - 4/10
Uncharted 2 - 5/10
Uncharted 3 - 6/10
Uncharted 4 - 7/10

The Last of Us - 9/10
>>
Because it has a decent story and the dlc is sjw crap
just like how part 2 is going to be
>>
File: 20170522_003839.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_003839.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>377672765
>Also, the story is anything but pretentious. It has the usual zombie story beats(cannibals etc.), nothing pretentious about that. Just shows how little you know about it.

Its pretentious in how its fucking told.

>muh daughter died

> starts to feel for this little girl who reminds me of my dead daughter!

>muh giraff

It takes itself way too deep to the point where its almost fucking comical. If it was a movie it would get panned across the board for its unoriginal b-tier script and plot.

Don't even get me started on the fucking """"""""""gameplay""""""""

>Take uncharted

>remove anything fun about it

>add stealth

>add 60% walking section

Bam. Tlou

Whu can't you naughty deep throaters understand that its overrated and is basically a shit game with a story attracts the lowest forms of like(reddit, tumblr).

>thinks i never played

I wouldn't be talking about it otherwise, faggot.
>>
>>377672951
>Uncharted 2 that low

It's top three best ND games, along with U4 and tlou.
>>
File: 1467711998988.jpg (50KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1467711998988.jpg
50KB, 330x327px
>>377672951
>Uncharted 2 - 5/10
>The Last of Us - 9/10
>>
>>377672951
>Grades a literal movie above an ironic one
>>
>>377672951
>tlou that high
>uncharted 2 that low

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1488343262992.jpg (8KB, 204x193px) Image search: [Google]
1488343262992.jpg
8KB, 204x193px
>>377653869
it got an awful lot of hype for "generic" story with good but nothing special game play. Zombies arent anything new and it came out during the zombie pop culture wave, Ii do like the fungi zombie idea opposed to others where zombies just show up or its a government experiment thing. The gameplay itself is again, ok, but nothing special. Ive played through it 3 times now and its very linear and games now boast about how many different ways you can play a story and it can change. Really surprised with how simple it was
>walk through this path
>fight these enemies
>watch a cut scene
>do it again
and thats the only way you can really do it. Thankfully the story is GOAT so I dont mind but I see why others do.

Also /v/ is full of children who hate everything
>>
>>377674020
It's poorly written, has the most forgettable villain in the series, it controls like shit and completely shits the bed after the train explosion midway through.

>
It takes itself way too deep to the point where its almost fucking comical. If it was a movie it would get panned across the board for its unoriginal b-tier script and plot.
t. retard who doesn't watch movies

>remove anything fun about it
Yeah, cause sitting behind cover shooting the same bullet sponges every 3 minutes, with unlimited ammo is so fucking fun and deep gameplay.

>add stealth
optional

>add 60% walking section
Yes, you walk and find collectibles and resources. It also develops the characters without taking control from you

>>377674075
what's the problem?

>>377674150
>literal movie
nice memes
>>
>>377672951
How is Crash 2 at least not higher then Crash 1? Crash 2 had so many improvements.
>>
>>377674587
>what's the problem?

The best Uncharted with a shit score (not that I'd rank any game of the series beyond a 7/10) and interactive mediocre movie at a near perfect score.
>>
File: 1495429007036.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1495429007036.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>377674587
>Yeah, cause sitting behind cover shooting the same bullet sponges every 3 minutes, with unlimited ammo is so fucking fun and deep gameplay.

At least it's something other than walking from point a to b while talking about the fucking birds and bees, desu.

>optional

Still shallow, barebone mechanic

>Yes, you walk and find collectibles and resources. It also develops the characters without taking control from you
> It also develops the characters without taking control from you
> It also develops the characters
>>
i loved the gameplay, but the story was so fucking bland and weak and everyone nutted furiously over it. it was also really short? i finished it in like 15 hours, i expected way more.
>>
>>377674759
>the best Uncharted
It's not the best, both 3 and 4 are better.
Explain why it's the best.
>>
>>377674825
>At least it's something other than walking from point a to b while talking about the fucking birds and bees, desu.
Yeah, because it's ,uch more intulligant
>walk to point a
>shootan with bad gameplay
>walk three more steps
>more shootan
>"OOOH CRAP""
>BOOM EXPLOSION
>CUTSCENE

>still shallow, barebone mechanic
works wonders in multiplayer

>I have no argument so I'll post a picture of a dumb frog, that'll show him!
/v/ in one post.
>>
>>377654462
Buzzwords like
>mediocre
>overwritten
>poorly done
>annoying

don't count as articulate, mature criticism.
>>
>>377674587
>nice memes

Didn't know stating facts was a meme.
>>
>>377675124
You've obviously never watched a movie then.
Faggot.
>>
>>377674923
It had the best set-pieces in my opinion. When you're playing something with crystal clear movie-like pretensions, that counts for something.

Jumping around from car to car, fighting the helicopter at a falling building and that crazy tank fight section were fucking cool. The war-torn city was probably the most interesting and best-looking part of the series, too.

It was balls to the wall crazyness almost all the time.
>>
>>377675224
>set pieces make a game good
The plane setpiece in 3 is better and more visually impressive than anything in 2.
kek
I bet you love Marvel movies too, you underage faggot.
>>
File: 1495413963782.jpg (3KB, 106x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495413963782.jpg
3KB, 106x125px
>>377675081
>walk to point a
>talk about ellie's jokes XDDD
>clicker comes
>sneak
>walk again
>talk about fireflys
>talk about dead bodies
>grab ladder
>talk about coffee
>CUTSCENE

wew

>works wonders in multiplayer

Unironically the only halfway decent part of the entire game. Truly sad.

>Yeah, because it's ,uch more intulligant

Low test movies making gaymers lose their IQ. Many such cases!
>>
File: 1446502005907.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446502005907.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>377675323
Are you fucking retarded? We're talking about games that are all about the set-pieces. If you wanna call them good, don't shit on the only fucking thing they do right.
>>
>>377675172
What are you talking about? I watch tons of movies. That one playstation movies I was telling you about is pretty meh, though.
>>
>>377675323
>The plane setpiece in 3 is better and more visually impressive than anything in 2.

So...You're measuring them by setpiece only? Not gonna mention how they fucked up the shooting mechanics for U3? or how they added annoying animations for every walk.

I love U3, but come on now....

U4 is the best of them all, no contest. Solid 9/10 for me.
>>
>>377675956
True, but the soundtrack was fucking god-tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e_QvyK6GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwB43-UCaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0cfZROUrOc&index=7&list=RDuhwB43-UCaQ
>>
>>377653869
It's the very definition of overhyped. Bland level design, delivery of exposition so brain dead it has to slow the entire game down, obvious formulaic design problem (walk down linear street>cutscene>combat arena>slow walk exposition>repeat) and ghost Ellie are all given a pass because of it. Should've been forgotten after a month like every other ND game.
>>
>>377653954
fpbp
>>
>>377676117
>after a month like every other ND game.

Not been true since Uncharted 2.
>>
>>377675956
I've only played the Collection, shooting felt the same in all 3.

>>377675561
>We're talking about games that are all about the set-pieces
4 is the best and it barely has any.
>>
>>377672951
Also, I should mention that for The Last of Us the multiplayer mattered. I haven't really played the MP in U2-4.

I would score TLoU a 7 without it.
>>
>>377653869
What I'm confused about is how the story managed to get so much attention. There have been plenty of games that blew TLoU out of the water story and writing wise, do game reviewers just not play many games?
>>
>>377676263
>4 is the best and it barely has any.

It actually has 20 minutes worth of it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmqH0tSr-k
>>
>>377676406
>There have been plenty of games that blew TLoU out of the water story and writing wise

well I'm waiting
>>
>>377673885
The last of Cucks BTFO
>>
File: wack.jpg (31KB, 563x421px) Image search: [Google]
wack.jpg
31KB, 563x421px
>The fucking warehouse tower in 'Lakeside Resort' on Grounded
Is this shit even possible?
I headshot with every bit of ammunition and splash multiple enemies with the molotovs I'm given and still end up running in circles hoping an infected will grab David so I can shank them.
>>
>there are people on /v/ who unironically like this overrated mediocre crap
this site is fucking dead
>>
>>377676506
Not op, but

Most games before and after June 14, 2013.

The best part is, they are actually games! Yes, games. Meaning you have complete control of at least 90% of non-cutscene sections.
>>
File: 1495419951274.jpg (66KB, 591x516px) Image search: [Google]
1495419951274.jpg
66KB, 591x516px
>>377676652
They don't call this shithole /v/eddit for nothing, you know....
>>
File: cuck.jpg (51KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
51KB, 648x595px
>>377653869
Because it didn't get a PC version. We all know cucks are the most vocal part of /v/ so when they are frustrated that they are not getting a game they will try shitting on it constantly, making it seem like /v/ as a whole hate the game.

Bloodborne was among the best games in the year when it released and people still tried to shit on it.
>>
>>377676923
Explain this >>377673885

inb4 muh s-shit taste...r-r-right g-guys???
>>
>>377676923
ban all wojack posters
>>
>>377677068
>inb4 muh s-shit taste...r-r-right g-guys???
Exactly right. Your taste is shit and no one's going to waste time arguing with you over your hot opinions
>>
File: image.jpg (310KB, 1210x962px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310KB, 1210x962px
Daily reminder
>>
File: Capture.png (197KB, 888x623px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
197KB, 888x623px
>>377672951
>>377653954
>>377654446
>>377655556
>>377658495
>>377658798
>>377659367
>>377664040
>>377664519
>>377664750
>>377664745
>>377670229
>>377672951

It's been fun, but it's time to go back.
>>
>>377677254
What if I think both are hot dogshit?
>>
>>377677229
>shit taste
>likes a movie """""game""""

Really activates the old noodle.
>>
>>377677068
>said the one cuck that actually played it

You are not even 0,00001 % of the angry neckbeards that shit on it just because their overpriced rig can't run it.
>>
>>377677254
But both are complete shit.
>>
>>377653869
Because it's not Nintendo. /v/ is made up of underage toddlers.
>>
>>377677640
So is it Nintenbros or PCbros? Holy shit make up your mind sonyfags
>>
File: 1495420193740.jpg (294KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495420193740.jpg
294KB, 582x600px
>>377677321
>I've been gaming for long time
>but with tlou it's beyond gaming
>it's a masterpiece

holy kek
>>
>>377677640
Will /v/ love it if it's nintendo?
>>
File: 1460680987191.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1460680987191.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>377677321
>>
>>377653869
not hardcoar enuff
games gotta go fast and kill fast like d0oom
>>
File: 1219.gif (18KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
1219.gif
18KB, 300x150px
>playing TLoU on survivor
>mfw hotel basement level
>>
File: 1495424195236.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1495424195236.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>377678056
>playing Tlou on anything
>playing Tlou
>>
>>377676675
>most games
like?
>>
>>377678185
(You)
>>
>>377678229
Google, for one. Nice search bar mechanic.
>>
>>377678331
kill yourself
>>
File: 1493488548691.jpg (70KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493488548691.jpg
70KB, 448x473px
>>377678185
>>
File: 1495414550977.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495414550977.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>377678596
>tlou
>movie
>fun

Into the trash >>>r/eddit.com you go.
>>
It's a pretty solid 8/10.
There's a lot of things to like, the combat with limited resources is neat and it has a lot of great details and is got at getting you immersed. But the AI is also inconsistent, the pacing is off during certain sections, some characters are meh and there's not anything terribly original about the oh-so-praised story which also feels like vidya-oscar bait trying just a bit too hard at times.
Still very good, and I'd recommend playing it when it goes on sale if you haven't tried it because /v/ told you it was bad.
>>
>>377677321
I'm genuinely curious what this guy actually bought every month if he believes that TLoU is anything special.
>>
File: 1494019007818.jpg (58KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1494019007818.jpg
58KB, 840x544px
I thought it was alright. Not amazing shit, not a pile of steaming garbage. As a fan of post apocalyptic shit games I found it "meh" but unique. It's not like fallout where you have a shit ton of roleplaying and possibilites to make the game last a longass time like new vegas and its not like stalker games where everything is hardcore and your always shitting yourself cause low ammo, skilled enemy humans, actual dangerous monsters. It felt like what Call of duty is to FPS what it was to post apocalyptic survival shit.
>>
run of the mill gameplay with a story that only an emotionally immature young adult (most reviewers) will enjoy because they don't watch movies or read books anymore

It's all about "muh feels" to these people.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.