[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't that bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: mass-effect-3.jpg (556KB, 1088x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-3.jpg
556KB, 1088x1500px
It wasn't that bad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
Yes, it is.
>>
File: f95.jpg (38KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
f95.jpg
38KB, 640x414px
>>377653420

The gunpla was stabil, even fun but the story was terrible and the ending was garbage.
>>
>>377653420
Better than 2 if nothing else, but that isn't saying much.
>>
File: freshshrug.jpg (27KB, 750x496px)
freshshrug.jpg
27KB, 750x496px
can't complain. my copy was free.
>>
never played any of em

just bought a used copy of PS3 collection ME1-3 for 25$

what am i in for?
>>
File: POiHsQf.png (321KB, 878x299px)
POiHsQf.png
321KB, 878x299px
>>377653420
>>
File: MadAboutME3.png (515KB, 880x699px)
MadAboutME3.png
515KB, 880x699px
Andromeda took a bit of the edge off at least. Now I'm more sad than mad.
>>
>Selling point is your choices matter
>you choices literally don't change a damn thing

really makes you think
>>
>>377653420
Yes it was.
It was so bad, that even after ME:A, the game doesn't feel any better.
>>
>>377654509
One good game, one edge-tarded game, and one that invalidates every choice you made in the first two
>>
>>377653420
You're right, it was complete fucking garbage.
>>
>pretty much everything that happened in the first two games didn't matter
>they conveniently find plans to make a weapon to destroy every reaper ever right next to earth
>reapers are suddenly not one-man armies that can't be destroyed by the combined fleets of every citadel race
>>
Is it true that femShep is considered canon to the Mass Effect series?
>>
>>377655194
who gives a flying fuck

is chico quiet?
>>
>>377654623
>>377654767
/v/ as always complains about the wrong things. The choices still did matter more than shit like telltale and that fuckers sell you on choices. The ending was so absolute dogshit in every single aspect, yet
>muh choices
was the most imprortant reason of it being bad apparently.
>>
File: shepardpic14.jpg (86KB, 1131x707px)
shepardpic14.jpg
86KB, 1131x707px
Game was good, ending was shit.
>>
>>377655194
>doesn't appear in any ads or box covers until ME3
>only 15% or something like that played as her

If she will be, that's because Biofags retconing it for the strong independent woman meme, but not a logical decision by any means.
>>
>>377653420

yes, yes it was.
>>
What pisses me off the most about this game is that it destroys the plot thread that it builds up. One of the best things about the game and series was getting to see the development in treatment of synthetic characters. It gets to the point where the trilogy basically spells it out for you that synthetics can still be alive. And yet the existence of the Synthesis ending destroys that, and is basically presented as the best possible ending.
>actually it was always going to take a new version of this singular compound (a "new" DNA) to truly make them "alive"
>btw literally every synthetic material including Tali's hood is now alive and the Husks have apparently gained interiority
6/10 game, better than most garbage out there nowadays because it actually had some guts. Solid step down from the first 2, especially in aesthetic direction.
>>
>>377655539
>Game was good
No, it wasn't.
>>377655579
>logic
The game has faster than light travel, why would logic apply in this story?
>>
>>377656158
>LOL dude, the setting has magic so why do you care the plot is nonsense?

Literally the worst argument for any work of fiction. And you even used it for something completely unrelated to it - a decision by the company. Go write your femshep fanfiction, but don't force it here.
>>
>>377656571
You seem to be implying Mass Effect is somehow well written.
It's schlock, it's every single space story cliche you could think of crammed together.
The game itself is fanfiction-tier.
>>
Playing the entire Mass Effect series right now for the first time and each one gets worse and worse. I'm probably very close to the end of the third one and I just can't believe how hard it dips in quality. Not just in terms of story like many are pointing out. It's the soulless feeling the game presents itself. It's a watered down third person shooter that doesn't even want to call itself an RPG. What happened, /v/? Was it EA? BioWare? Me?
>>
>>377654550
They "fixed" it in a patch.
Now it is the right way around but missing it's entire front end of the gun.
>>
>>377654786
No wonder I hated every mass effect after 1.
Fucking disposable heat sinks.
>>
The EGM, Bonus Power, and Recalibrated mods make ME3 a solid 8.5, but the ending is still garbage, part because each one is a variation of the other two, with varying degrees of destruction for the canon one, and part because of the sheer double standard it established, since DX:HR was creamed for it's 1:1 endgame and carbon copy pick-your-ending-for-cutscene-ending system

Cerberus taking up more screentime than the Reapers also blows, because TIM in ME3 is some retard GI Joe villain that has a completely different characterization, with retcons out the ass about he was ALWAYS indoctrinated. Coincidentally, the game stops being ace whenever the plot goes back to Cerberus

The combat is fucking great though, there's nothing more fun that charging some group of assholes, shockwaving the guys that weren't caught in the splash damage, nova-ing the fucks that you sprayed with your Hurricane during the time slowdown, and then killing the guy still standing with a maxed-out smash. EGM's new armor options make fashion a lot easier if you want to look like a biotic god

First for Tali being best girl
>>
>>377656710
>It's a watered down third person shooter that doesn't even want to call itself an RPG. What happened, /v/? Was it EA? BioWare?
EA forced them to strip down the RPG mechanics so the game would appeal to a wider audience.
>Me?
You're noticing it in real time while playing them back to back for the first time, so no.
>>
>>377656029
What killed it was the deus ex machina they pulled out of their fucking ass during the first 5 attoseconds of the story. And how they turned the uneasy allies you had in 2 into saturday morning cartoon villains.
It's like an idiot from here was forced to write up a story at gunpoint.
>>
>>377653420
Its gold compared to Andromeda
>>
>>377654550
I really hate how every ME cutscene in most games ALWAYS gives pistol-holding characters a Carnifex, or AR-holding characters an Avenger, despite the fact you've been using a Valkyrie or Falcon for the majority of the mission
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.