[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you have keys but no crates :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: keys.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
keys.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
When you have keys but no crates :(
>>
When you play shit f2p games

Fucking end it
>>
>>377652375
i got pages on pages of crates what you wanna give me for em?
>>
>>377652375
why do you have all these keys?
>>
>>377652560
Stop playing thia shit game both of you
>>
>>377652523
rocket league is free?
>>
>>377652629
sometimes it gets free weekends but no it's not normally free
>>
>>377652626
>i'm shit at the game so it's shit
>>
Why is this autistic piece of shit so poplar?
>>
>>377652701
No the game is shot because ots a paid game that has microtransactions
>>
>>377652605
so im ready when i get a crate
>>
>>377652876
Skins for little cars? really? As if it makes *ANY* difference in gameplay?
>>
>>377652876
>pirates all his games
>game has content he cant pirate

ITS SHIT!
>>
>Platinum III
>carrying almost every game
>Diamond I
>complete scrub getting in everyone's way
well that grounded me real quick
>>
>>377653067
I dont pirate all of my games infact i got this game cause i bought a steam controller

>>377653064
The difference is the devs are greedy pieces of ahit
>>
>>377652873
because it's rewarding when you notice yourself improving at the game and mastering it's mechanics
>>
>>377653238
why don't you like the game?
simply because they offer purchasable items which are completely optional and don't affect gameplay at all?

seriously, break it down for me, I'm listening
>>
>>377653543
That is exactly fucking why i dont like the game that exact reason i am still fucking pissed about quake champions
>>
I've got a bunch of crates. Anyone want them?
>>
>>377653238
u realize developers are running a business right? That they have families and shit. Would you work and produce content for free? probably not. Plus the developers put plenty of content into their updates that IS entirely free. Additionally the way the trading system works makes it possible for you to open crates and get that new content without spending money. You have literally no argument here.
>>
>>377653721
My argument is they shouldnt sell anything sell me the fucking game once with the content it comes with and then never worry about it again
>>
>>377653543
Not that anon. I genuinely enjoy the game. I played it before crates and microtransactions were even a thing in rocket league. The game is incredibly high skill cap and mastering it I find extremely rewarding. The new game modes and updates keep the game fresh and generally I think its currently my favorite game.
>>
>>377652375
>he doesn't have the p2w mantis
>>
>>377653627
oh so you're bitter
i guess that's understandable

but, in Rocket League's case it has enabled the small dev studio to maintain the game, keeps it's price down, offer updates and new modes at no additional cost (like dropshot and rumble), additional stadiums, etc
on top of which, the studio has said that it has enabled them to maintain the game for the foreseable future without feeling the need to shit out rocket league 2 just to make some money
they even said that there next game probably won't even need a publisher
which for an indie studio like psyonix is pretty amazing
it doesnt affect gameplay whatsoever so I'm okay with it
>>
>>377653910
>sell game for one time fee
>people buy your game and you make money
>1 year later no one is buying your game and players are leaving because you arent producing new content
> now you have to make a new game to make money
>new game may or may not be successful, and you alienate your core playerbase who stil want to play your original game
>repeat for 5-6 years
>now you have a franchise struggling to produce a new and original game that still appeals to the long time fans.

OR

>produce one game that is successful and people enjoy
>provide updates for the game and give players the option of paying for
>the revenue from this allows you to fund more updates and stay in business
>playerbase stays intact
>people are happy

its a good economic model fuckwit
>>
>>377654390
More like a good way to fuck over your customers
>>
>>377653939
I never even think about it when people ask what my favorite game is but it is definitely up there now that I reflect on it
I am mainly a single player guy, I usually like to make progress and complete games but rocket league is that one multiplayer game I can't put down
>>
>>377654531
did you even read his post?
>>
>tfw went down from Plat 3 to 1 today because I kept getting retarded teammates.
I hate this game sometimes
>>
>>377654634
Yes doesnt change the fact they are fucking over paying customers especially given the community makes it so those who dont biy in are outcasts
>>
File: uthought.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uthought.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
>>377654161
nigga you thought
>>
>>377654762
What the fuck are you talking about? I've never bought keys, or any DLC besides the Masamune, and I've never been ridiculed for it.
>>
>>377654762
>Not having an unnecessary cosmetic makes you an outcast
This is some top tier bait
>>
>>377654869
Peoole will talk about you behind your back if you have the default car skin like anyother multi game they will call you a noob
>>
>>377652523

>rl
>f2p

Fucking idiot.
>>
File: ash.png (343KB, 521x517px) Image search: [Google]
ash.png
343KB, 521x517px
>>377654762
ok I'm done
I tried being courteous and patient but you are just making shit up now
>>
>>377654967
I'm starting to wonder how people can develop a persecution complex in car soccer
>>
>>377654967
niqqa octane is best car what you talking about
I have literally never had anyone say shit about the car I was using in the 400 hours I've played
I don't even have DLC cars
>>
>>377654967
No they fucking won't, again I haven't bought any DLC in this game besides the Masamune, and I have not once been ridiculed for it. I don't even use the Masamune anymore, I went back to the Merc because that's my thing
>>
>>377654531
PLEASE explain how you are being fucked. If you dont want to pay for the update, you are still being provided the new maps and game modes at no cost. You get to keep playing the game if you like it without having to worry about the playerbase being split. There is literally no downside for you. The people who paid get cosmetic items that ultimately dont affect gameplay. You actually have no argument. Im not forcing you to like rocket league, but if you want to not like it, have a real reason.
>>
>>377655050
Now the community doesn't feel any better than it used to be
I want to be a judge in a criminal case
You covered up, did you cultivate?
Be yourself, not yourself, know yourself
'Cause no one seems to know you now
>>
>>377654967
>watch pros
>loads use octane with standard paint, OEM wheels and standard red boost
No one cares about your car choice until high level play where people wonder why you're not using one of the main cars
>>
>>377654967
if anything people will make fun of you for buying dlc cars and still sucking ass
>>
>>377655353
>pro players
>esports shit

Yet another reason to hate the game
>>
>>377653238
The difference is they want this to be THE game, and instead of making multiple games, they focus on keeping this one balanced and fun. Adding in new game modes/skins/accessories to keep it fresh. Many which you don't have to get through crates. The crates which help keep the game funded... it's not greedy at all, it's a good business choice to keep RL from dying out.
>>
>>377654849
it's the exact same as the batmowheels
same hitbox and turn radius
>>
Troll or not, we all lost
>>
>>377655487
>now he hates people for playing the game and want competition

do I even want to hear your reasoning?
>>
>>377655926
he's fishing for you's
just take this one and move on
>>
File: snapshot20070717162632.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20070717162632.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>377655837
BUT ITS COOLER
>>
>>377654967
Am I being bamboozled or is this high school level shit a serious qualm you have? Who gives a fuck what people say when they aren't talking to you. Even if they are it's a game about cars playing soccer. What the fuck.
>>
>>377655926
Because video games arw not a sport competition is fine but dont fucking call it a sport I DONT FUCKING PLAY SPORTS if my favorute band came out tommorow ans announced they where country music all along i would drop them like a sack of shit dont make me do that woth games by calling them a sport
>>
>>377652701
How can anyone be shit at this game? Shit's not hard.
>>
>>377654214
> keeps it's price down

lmao, Nigga, what? They can't exactly raise the price from $20 and expect new players to buy in.

"Exactly, that's why they--"

No, nigga. You dumb. What I mean is: Even if they had no microtransactions, they can't do that. The MT don't "lower the price" for shit. They're just things that make you give more money to Psyonix for little to no reason.

If MT's were removed tomorrow, the game would still be $20. And if it didn't sell? They'd drop the price until it still sold. That's how ECONOMICS works.
>>
>>377656096
Autism who the fuck cares what they call it
>>
>>377656143
Anything below platinum is shit desu
>>
>>377655487
>people badmouth you!
>even people who take the game too seriously don't care
>well fuck then that's the problem now instead

10/10.
>>
>>377653721
Hes too autistic to understand that anon
>>
>>377656174
I fucking do if i like sports it means i have to start being into a whole slew of shit i have already decided i hate

>>377656313
I hate sports i cannot play games if peoole call them sports
>>
>>377653910
You dont have to buy it. This option is there for people who do want it. Also, all crate contents was added nearly a year later. You got the game
>>
>>377654161
>>377654849
Hey, i got Mantis the other day and some guy was constantly asking for me to trade it with him. What's the deal, it's some kind of super rare chasis or something?
>>
>>377654967
HAHAHAHAHA you insercure faggot
>>
>>377656459
How's super autism treating you
>>
>>377656096
>meet new person
>hi whats your name?
>'Fred'
>FRED? what a shit name sorry we cant hang out

Easy there silky johnson.
>>
>>377656459
Liking esports doesn't mean you have to go like real life sports too
>>
>>377652375
My biggest problem with these crates is the fucking idiots constantly asking to trade mid game
>>
>>377654967
If you weren't baiting you would be pretty worried about how everyone here thinks you're a faggot.
>>
>>377656750
It does if yoy are stupid like him though
>>
>>377654214
Why can't they maintain the game with the money made from sales from the game ? F2P games make their money and progress on that very same basis with the exception that they do not cost anything right off the bat.

Rocket League works exactly like a F2P game that would force you to purchase shit to play. There is no excuse for this kind of bushiness model and the reason they persist is because people still buy into it.

Up to you to participate anon, but I'll keep out on principle alone. There's plenty of other good games to play.
>>
>>377656543

Has the same hitbox and stats as the batmobile. Only thing is you can customize it. Also its pretty new so a lot of people want it. I personally think its a sweet looking car so I got one.

As far as gameplay goes its a strong hitbox for aerial based playstyle, but again, its literally the same as the batmobile.
>>
>>377656693
>he hangs out with goons called Fred.
Let me guess, you're a Fred too?
>>
>>377656750
Yes
It
Fucking
Does

Saying i dont like sports but then fmgoing and playing esports is like saying i dont like music but then going and listening to just one genrea its hypocritical
>>
>>377656971
fuck
>>
Wait, Rocket League has crates? When the fuck did this happen?

>>377656938
It really does suck; it's one of the reasons video games becoming 'mainstream' sucks so much, but you gotta take the good with the bad. At least it's just cosmetic shit, not a shitty P2W MMO.
>>
>>377656961
... Well, i think i really don't deserve it because until now i didn't know about different hitboxes. Any other advice for someone who just started playing?
>>
File: 1415188162108.jpg (27KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1415188162108.jpg
27KB, 493x387px
>>377657005
I'm glad I took the bait because this turned out to be a really rad ride. Fucking turbo autism.
>>
>>377656938
The dont force shit. Its ALL cosmetic.
Also, you obviously dontnunderstand how a bussiness works
>>
>>377656938
They gave the game free on PS+ and because of the number of actual sales compared to the number of players they barely broke even with the server costs. Then apparently they covered all those costs on the first day of selling keys, so they're rolling in it now and you can't blame them for still taking that money.
>>
>>377656861
Psst, I agree.
Let's talk about this faggot behind his back.
>>
>>377657145
Change camera settings, switch camera shake off, put high contrast nameplates on, reassign hand brake and air roll to LB/L1
>>
>>377657224
Shut up and finish season 3 already roiland
>>
>>377656938
Rocket League only got popular mainly due to being free on PSN+ one month. That also means they didnt get those sales
>>
>>377657462
>>377657314
Peak on steam alone is just under 60k players daily. It is currently the 6th as the most played game on steam. I didn't even touch the PS version in any of my argument.

It can be considered widely popular for a game that could very well work on a cellphone. Servers are an absolute non issue and could be paid on a McDonald's salary.
>>
>>377657145

General advice? No not really, there are plenty of nuances and mechanics that you will pick up as you go. As far as cars go, you will begin to feel the differences as you play with them but no one car is objectively better than any other. If you want to improve quicker spend time in the training modes. Other than that have fun.
>>
>>377657145
>>377657881

also most people figure this out pretty fast, as you may have, but you want to play with ball cam on most of the time. Particularly as a new player.
>>
>>377657413
separately or either one?
>>
>>377657836
Youre bitching why they dont make a living on the sales. They woulnt make enough. Partially due to the psn+
>>
>>377653226

>playing ranked
>>
>>377658241
Did /v/ suddenly lose the ability to read ? It's the 6th most played game on steam, nevermind freaking Sony; it only adds up to my point! 80k players at peak this month alone. Times 20 bucks. And then a cash shop ?

I'm not judging you or anyone that plays Rocket League, but don't go slathering bullshit about them running a business well: because they are. They are milking it big time.
>>
>>377657836
It couldn't work properly on a phone, the controls wouldn't be precise enough.
>>
>>377653627
Ah, so you're poor, AND an idiot.
>>
>>377658679
my point is the development cost is nil and the required servers are meaningless.

But this is getting nowhere. It started with me being asked why I didn't want to spend my money on it. Not attack anyone tastes or cause any consumer guilt.
>>
>>377657145
don't hit the ball just to hit it
try to be aware of your teammates and if they have the better shot
for 3v3 one person should be behind the other two as a sort of goalie, but don't sit in net just hang back
and you switch out during play with other players depending on who is in a better position, you'll get a feel for it as you go
2v2 you also want to have one person be a forward and one back but don't hang too far back because you need to make plays together
don't go into corners with your teammate, mind the net
as others have said the tutorials are great for gitting gud
don't be afraid of ranked, you'll get matched with other noobs and it's much better to play with people close to your skill
1v1 is also a good way to develop skill but it can also be pure rage fuel
get a feel of where the boosts are so you can pick them up without really thinking to much about it
>>
>>377658182
I have handbrake on x and air roll on lb myself.

i'm only middle ground gold though
>>
>>377658984
I have been meaning to remap air roll but I'm just so used to the default controls that I don't really want to take the time to get used to but I'm sure it'll be beneficial if I do take that time
>>
>>377658720
>This piece of shit is for sale
I don't want it
>What you're POOR ?!

Sure.
>>
>>377659098
just do it now.

you'll get over it quickly.
>>
>>377659108
You wouldn't be whining about the least oppressive cashshop in any video game ever if you weren't a poor idiot.

Your troll game is weak, kiddo.
>>
This is why I refuse to play Rocket League any more.
>>
>>377659296
Nobody is whining in this thread except maybe for yourself being salty over the fact some people don't like being fucked in the ass while you participated in its spread. You also seem to be neglecting that there's hundreds of other worthwhile game. People can live with not playing Rocket League whatever their reason of doing so. Stay mad.
>>
>>377659701
How's it being fucked in the ass when you do not need to buy anything at all? It's not p2w so you can just ignore it.
>>
>>377657413
>>377657881
>>377658051
>>377658983
Cool, thanks guys. Also, what do you mean by "change camera settings"? I usually play Ball Cam except when the ball is really high and above me, though i'm getting the feeling that being under it so much time means i'm doing something wrong, right? Like lots of good plays i've seen are done by people who keep an eye on the ball from kinda afar and go for some aerial stunt.
>>
>>377659701
On the contrary kiddo, you've been whining a lot in this thread about how much of a "rip-off" RL is when in reality, it's one of the best games currently on the market regarding it's business plan.

I have a feeling you're just really bad at car soccer and are mad that you spent what little money you had on it.

Shoulda bought some salve for your butthurt instead, kiddo.
>>
>>377660402
They mean that you should maximize your fov (if you haven't already) so you have better awareness of the whole field.

It's not really crucial, but it does help.
>>
>>377659535
Lmao

/thread
>>
>>377660402
situationally you can get under the ball and make a play, but typically if you are sitting under the ball waiting for it to come down, your opponent is just going to fly at it and hit it before it ever comes down to you
>>
>>377660402
Adjusting fov, camera distance, height etc to suit your preference. Some other tips for in game settings is to switch vsync off, play in fullscreen mode and put a cap at 150/250fps, also switch off depth of field, lens flare and weather effects.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.