[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Path of Exile.jpg (138KB, 1025x892px) Image search: [Google]
Path of Exile.jpg
138KB, 1025x892px
Is Path of Exile really better than Diablo?
>>
Probably, yeah. More content.
>>
Has a whole lot of similarity.
I'd say it's much more complex, it still has quite a few problems but it's still awesome.
>>
>>377650870
yes
>>
>>377650870
It's a personal preference, each has a different audience, Diablo 3 is like a starter ARPG, it strokes your dick- gives you what you want & is a fun experience for a week or two each season, perhaps longer if you just enjoy it that much.

PoE is harder, not as smooth in its gameplay, but has a lot more to offer early & end game in terms of content & shit to do. It also gets updated a lot more frequently than Diablo 3 with 10x better content.

I play more Diablo 3 than anything, because I'm just not dedicated to ARPGs and spend like a month playing each season for something to do.
>>
diablo 3, probably, although it's cheaper
diablo 2 is better though, despite not having as much content and as many systems, it's the sound design
>>
yes, in the same way getting pissed on is better than getting shat on.
>>
>>377650870
sucks that i just have to decide on one skill at the start and just work towards it.
>>
>>377652028
(You)
>>
d3 is babby but fun to jump in and go with some friends
poe just has more shit you have to think about when making a build

personally have more time in d3 because we had a trio that would push GR's till the wee hours of the morning but after wrapping my head around PoE i can say the latter is more enjoyable.
if only because theres trade in the game, not including the genuinely interesting gem system they have
>>
nope. d2 da best.
>>
>>377650870

PoE >> D2 =D1
>>>Titan Quest with Mods >>>> Grim Dawn >>>Torchlight 2 > Victor Vran > Torchlight 1 > Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D3
>>
>>377650870

For me, yes.

> still banned from all Blizzard online games
>>
File: 20170522023725_1.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170522023725_1.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
Guys doing HC Malachai, wish me luck.
>>
Objectively speaking Path of Exile is the definitive ARPG. It takes core ARPG mechanics, builds upon them and occasionally twists them around completely (Gem skill system and Maps for instance).
Every other game currently in the market is either:
>a) Shallow: D3
>b) Dated: D2
>c) Not innovative enough: Grim Dawn

PoE does have it's fair share of faults, though.

>Trading is integral if you want to clear end-game content because the drop rates are horrendous and the pool of possible uniques that can drop from each monster is absurd. Basically forget about farming items, you'll be farming currency instead, which is a lot less exciting, in my opinion
>Crafting end-game gear is fun but it's also reserved for the ultra-rich. Buying the gear you want through poe.trade is just cheaper and faster in all cases
The game looks great but the optimization is pretty terrible, during big fights it'll drop frames even on high-end rigs
>It's online-only
>>
>>377654965
d2 looks a bit better if you look past the dated graphics and sounds A LOT better though

seriously the diablo sound design is fucking sick, while PoE barely has any good songs
>>
>>377650870
Than Diablo as a whole? Nah. Than three? Yeah probably.

Three is without a doubt more polished and casual which is why I prefer it. I use these games as a mindless timesink. Mindless being the keyword
>>
File: 20170522025353_1.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170522025353_1.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>That's where you miss the point Malachai. Death is the only thing that gives life any meaning...
Nothing personnel thaumaturgist.
>>
>>377651954
if you dont like the games or genre, why comment on this thread?
>>
>>377654837
what'd you do, you silly little script kiddie
>>
>>377656403
Congrats. Also right click all those Gem cannot level up messages.
>>
>>377656635

Gave them a made up name when they were on an anti-anonymity kick back in 2009.
>>
>>377656664
I didn't know you could do that.
>>
>>377656795
No problem. They're stored at the bottom of your Inventory if you ever wanna upgrade them.
Welcome to Cruel.
>>
>>377656850
I've made one before on standard, but I started fresh in league.
Never been to cruel Malachai though. Is his teleport always an insta-kill or can you actually tank it?
>>
>>377657045
If you over-level and are built tanky, yes. If not, no. It's better to just play it safe.
You also don't have to kill Merciless Malachai to reach end-game, so be happy about that.
>In less than 6 months, nobody will ever have to fight non-map Malachai more than once per character
>>
>>377657382
Yeah I wonder how bullshit the later act bosses will be.
I hope they lay off the nukes and make it a bit more engaging.
>>
>>377656781
Are you that guy who bought Diablo 3 only to discover that you're still IP banned?
>>
>>377650870
It was at release

Now its nothing but
>Spamming pots
>Spamming 1 AoE ability with 1000 passives attached

Its fucking awful what they did to the game.
>>
>>377657947
From what I've seen, if you build yourself well and be active in fights, it should be fine.

All the new Act bosses make me wonder if the Atlas will get a revamp as well to account for all the new bosses they added, giving them their own maps and such.
Inb4 Atlas gets a 2nd page.
>>
>>377650870
Path of Exile is potentially better than Diablo 3, but in practice neither of them are that great. The problem with Diablo 3 is that builds are very tightly defined by gear, so there's fairly little room for customization after like torment 3. The problem with Path of Exile is that the game is totally oriented around trading, and trading in that game is worse than the Holocaust. It quickly gets to the point of, don't I play games to have fun? And if so, why am I enduring this shitshow? Then playing the actual game always has this creeping thought of, at some point I'm going to have to trade extensively, so why am I playing now, just to propel myself to that?
At least that's why I don't play Path of Exile anymore.
>>
>>377658385
That's definitely my biggest gripe with the game too.
>We balance the game around trading, meaning if you decide to not trade, you'll have to farm shit content for weeks just to improve and/or play one or two tried and true safe builds
>We don't want to make trading too easy and feel .trade is currently too easy
>>
>>377658296
>All the new Act bosses make me wonder if the Atlas will get a revamp as well to account for all the new bosses they added, giving them their own maps and such.
they added new maps based on act 4 back before the atlas, right?
>>
>>377650870

Even vanilla d3 on the xbox 360 shits all over path of exile.
>>
>>377658296
they are most likely going to remove a bunch of maps. lots of maps the playerbase just doesn't care for like the garbage that is cells
>>
>>377659224
Cells is a fucking mess and that boss is a bitch to deal with.

Not even fun.
>>
Well considering that POE was made by the people who made the original Diablo 1&2, I'd say they are about even, but POE is far better than Diablo 3 by leaps and bounds!
>>
File: 1490568843857.png (67KB, 1120x977px) Image search: [Google]
1490568843857.png
67KB, 1120x977px
>>377658287
...but it was the same thing at release just without pots

arpg's are just shit overall don't know how autists hit over 100 or even thousand of hours raping everything in sight with 3 abilities
>>
>>377661009
The core mechanics of arpg's are character builds, mechanics knowledge, barter and gambling.
On top of that PoE adds some level of skill, a good story and appealing artistic design.
You don't have to like it but a lot of people do.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.