[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objectively speaking which one was the better controller for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1983.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1983.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Objectively speaking which one was the better controller for their given platform /v/?
>>
>Not Dualshock 1
That controller was great. PS4 controllers' rubber rips way too easily, so I guess objectively it'd be the DS1. DS4 is more comfortable in my opinion but DS1 had virtually no flaws with the exception of the cord fraying after your shitty cousin recklessly throws it in anger. Little fuck, fuck you aunt michelle for forcing my mom to let him play.
>>
>>377643349
I agree with this but for the earlier games I prefer the standard PSX controller because everything was designed around the Dpad to begin with.
>>
huge useless quasi-touchpad and accidental screenshot button are things that I can only imagine people who have never played a video game before coming up with
>>
>>377643534
Pretty much. Few games use it for anything but a start button anyways.
>>
File: Original Content Do Not Steal.png (4KB, 605x389px) Image search: [Google]
Original Content Do Not Steal.png
4KB, 605x389px
>>377643534
Yeah the touchpad is stupid and poorly implemented. Basically the same as the sixaxis motion controls. Majorly useless and virtually always unfun when it was used.
I've used the screenshot button twice to get a cool rocket league play, and a funny glitch in a Fifa shootout with a friend. Aside from that I've probably hit it around 2000 times on accident.
>>377643490
I only remember playing ape escape with the original, maybe FF7, and I thought they both played fine with the original Dualshock. I was like 8 at the time though and I switched to the PS2 once I got it obviously so didn't use those controllers much anymore.
>Pic is how awful using motion controls is
>>
>>377643534
oh yeah, and the triggers get activated sometimes when you put the controller down, which kept making me waste my bullets in Bloodborne, which is all that this console is good for. Goddamn the PS4 pad sucks, I wish I had an excuse to buy an X1 pad to use for PC
>>
>>377643970
>played ape escape with the original

No you didn't, it required the dual shock controller.
>>
>>377644405
Huh I'm sure you're right, maybe I'm mixing it up with vigilante 8 or something. I was pretty young and have played a lot of games since.
>>
File: IMG_1984.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1984.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>377644568
Heh, either way I prefer it for the earlier games.
>>
>>377644970
unf post more classics
>>
>>377643349

The original Dualshock was not the perfect controller for the PS1. Most of the games were designed for the original controller with only the non-analog dpad and shoulder button camera steering, and the games that do support sticks for movement and camera often do so in mindboglingly backwards ways.
DS2 / PS2 made more sense.

The N64 controller isn't the best controller for its respective platform for various reasons, but making analog stick movement mandatory from day 1 meant so much. If the GC controller, basically an iteration of the N64 controller that fixes all of the issues, had been introduced for the N64 during its lifetime, that would have taken the price instantly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.