[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Nintendo-3ds.jpg (44KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3ds.jpg
44KB, 640x544px
What went wrong?
>>
Magnets
>>
literally nothing.
>>
>>377641726
Every revision of the hardware has been dog shit. One last chance with the N2DSXL before it goes down alongside the Game Gear, Lynx and Vita in portable gaming trash history.
>>
>>377641726
It's ridiculously overpriced. A 15 pound phone beats it performance wise.
>>
>>377642097
The 2ds XL would be so cute if the top half didn't look like a nasty glossy iPhone-y brick.
why couldn't they have just made the whole thing matte ;~:
>>
Lots of games on the e-shop that know one talks about and no one wants to risk buying
>>
>>377641726

it failed to attract all the same software house the DS did instead

this resulted in a console that has a bunch of lame nintendo games (metroid prime federation force, that chibi robo sidescroller) a billion etrian odyssey/shin megami tensei atlus game and level 5 abyssimal effort

seriously the only game worth a damn on this thing is monster hunter 4
>>
>>377642437
>It's a "/v/ thinks they're the only gaming audience that exists" episode
>>
>>377642437
>implying EO and SMT are not the reason I even buy that shit
>>
I got mine back in 2011 or so during it's launch week. build quality was meh, screen would wobble and the joystick felt like it could break at any time. but the main thing was it felt like there were no games I really wanted to play on it other than fire emblem and a couple of pokemon games. I liked the version of smash they made, but overall it feels like there were only like 10 games which made it worth it, after a seven year run
>>
>>377642097
>Portable gaming trash history
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>377642769

there are 5 etrian odyssey games (7 if you want to count the remake of 1 and 2), SMT4 plays like a worse version of strange journey (which by the way is getting a 3DS portup) and they even made persona odyssey just to top it all

like don't you just get tired of the formula after so many repeats?
>>
File: new-nintendo-2ds-xl-flat-front.png (117KB, 507x518px) Image search: [Google]
new-nintendo-2ds-xl-flat-front.png
117KB, 507x518px
the superior version came out, making it obsolete
>>
>>377641726
They didn't just release the new 2DS XL from the start, instead making us deal with shitty 3D and bunch of revisions until the line is about to be killed by either a successor or the Switch
>>
>>377641726
That it's support ended after a good long life.
Either that or the fact that there were too many good games for the device.
>>
>>377643127
IV and IV:A has much better gameplay and QoL improvements than SJ and are not as big on long-ass puzzles. They are also pretty short on their own anyways. DeSu are good SRPGs on their own
>>
>>377643127
>SMT4 plays like a worse version of strange journey
Except the gameplay is entirely different, and the combat has it's own twists and quirks.
The only thing these games share is a dungeon crawler theme.
>>
>>377643127
Everytime I tell someone this they get butthurt.
>>
>>377641726
It felt like it didn't bring in as many unique ideas as the DS did. The DS was full of games like Trauma Center and Hotel Dusk that were built around the screens and features. The 3DS kept those features and had some sequels to those games, but it didn't seem to push those kinds of ideas to the forefront as much, and there weren't as many fresh ideas. The highlights were mostly just new iterations of previous games.
>>
>>377644386
Because it's not true and anyone who has played the games will know that.
>>
File: 1495373218236.jpg (66KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495373218236.jpg
66KB, 720x707px
>bought it at launch
>got sacred stones, wario land 4 and a bunch of other ambassador games for free
Everything went right.
>>
>>377641726
weaker than the psp
>>
>>377647913
I bought it a few days before price drop, got the ambassador stuff, then took it back to walmart and they gave me the difference back.
>>
>>377641726
a proper second stick
lack of hidden gems like the ds
>>
>>377641726
I'd really love to upgrade to a n3DSXL but at this point I think I'll simply get a Switch instead.
>>
>>377641726
Massive library plus backwards compatibly for the DS library

Everything turned out okay
>>
>>377643258
Thats not the Standard New 3DS.
>>
EOV never got localized and never will.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.