[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Wii Fit U a good way to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 8198FTG-UZL._SL1500_.jpg (140KB, 1500x957px) Image search: [Google]
8198FTG-UZL._SL1500_.jpg
140KB, 1500x957px
Is Wii Fit U a good way to lose weight?
>>
Eat less.
>>
>>377640918
Just run and >>377641369
>>
File: Wii-Fit-Trainer.png (1MB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
Wii-Fit-Trainer.png
1MB, 1366x738px
>>377640918
Yes and no. It depends on what you want to do. I have Wii Fit U and have been playing it for about a year and a half now.

This game comes with three main modes: minigames, exercises, and Yoga.

The minigames are marked as things to improve your balance and they do just that. Most of them will burn some calories, but unless you're super out of shape they generally won't be a tough workout. Exception to the rule: Hula hoop and the brick breaking game. Especially Super Hula Hoop. That bastard will drain your stamina and tire you out! Past that expect to spend at least an hour a day on minigames if you don't do the rest of the stuff.

The yoga is marked as stretches, but it's basically all Yoga. Yoga can be good for stretching out before a workout or after you injure yourself (Damn you Super Hula Hoop!) and can help you become more flexible but also can be high impact if you're not very flexible or try poses that are too complex until you get better. Start small and work your way up if you want to bother with it.

Last but not least are the REAL exercises: they are mostly marked as *dance* You heard me. DANCE. Hula, Salsa, Flamenco, ect. These will burn the most calories outside of just running in place. That said, there's only one routine per difficulty level so it's possible to outgrow it if you do it a bunch.

If you liked doing the dance thing also pick up Just Dance and grab a Wii Fit Pedometer. Play Just Dance with the pedometer on then go to Wii Fit at least once a week to weigh in and see your calorie counts.

I actually have been using DDR (I own a Ps2 and pretty much the entire series) plus Wii Fit U. I wear the pedometer daily and use it to track my movements. I also watch what I eat and have a set daily food calorie limit to prevent overeating. I started with just Wii Fit U and worked my way up as I outgrew it.

I have lost 90 pounds in that year and a half. It has been constant work, but it DOES work if you are willing to keep up with it.
>>
>>377640918
>>377641849
Basically it works if you take it seriously
>>
>>377642258
Yeah. Wii Fit U is meant as a tool to encourage healthier behaviors. If you use it as a tool and take it to heart it can actually help.

It has to be used with healthy eating and possibly other "get up and move" type games for best results, though.

I don't recommend Pokemon Go for fitness, BTW. The game is badly balanced, not a good way to burn calories, and not very fun even with friends to go with you. Also Wii Fit, DDR, Just Dance, or even PUNCH OUT with a Wii Balance Board are all more effective and more fun.

Yes, the Wii U version of Punch Out supports Balance Board and nunchucks. It's difficult but rewarding.
>>
>mfw I really enjoy the mini games in wii fit u like the pastries server game.
>>
>>377643549
You're not alone. I like the marble madness clone.
>>
>>377643549
They had no right to be so much fun.
>>
not really, some of the yoga and muscle excerices are really good though, and the mini games are pretty fun
>>
>>377641849

god bless this person too kind for this board
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.